Jade Thread - "Good Boy!"

Jade's resets are ex boomerang and ex overhead.
REO's Jade is okay, but he fought people who had no idea what Jade is capable of.

Jade's resets are ex boomerang and ex overhead.
REO's Jade is okay, but he fought people who had no idea what Jade is capable of.

What I usually do is, when learning a character, I get a good look at the different ideas and/or strategies of different players. It isn't the best Jade, but he certainly has some decent strategies, especially when it comes to securing the first hit in the match, which as we know, is very important. It's similar to Sindelia's Sindel, who repeats the hair whip and Banshee scream over and over to make sure close range fighters can't come close. Good strategies

I think in the future like in the next game Jade should eventually have a kiss of death fatality of her own just like Kitana, Mileena, Tanya, & Sonya although she doesn't actually kiss her opponent she just blows a kiss at them which turns into a fireball, an energy bubble, a pink blade of energy, or a cloud of poison gas.
In this version Jade actually removes her mouth mask before kissing the opponent on the cheek but instead of them exploding vines grow out of them ripping them apart. I call this fatality kiss of plant growth or plant kiss or vine kiss. Please let me know what you think of my idea.
Also if Khamelon returns in a future game she should also have on in which she unmasks herself and then kisses the opponent romantically only to have her tongue shoot out the back of there head like in species and maybe even wrap around the head and rip it off and devour it.

Kitana doesn't even have her kiss in mk9 for some reason just a lame "arms off head off" fan slice thing. Mileena's kiss got turned into chowing down on the ripped off head, too. Tanya is only a doodad at the moment, in kahn's colosseum.
Yeah.

I've recently started having a lot of problems beating Scorpion online now that more players have learned not to use his normal teleport punch, and are using his meter for his ex teleport punch.

They all use the same strategy. If your full screen, and not jumping, they just hellfire the ever-living sh*t out of you. For the people who say it's easy to read...maybe offline, but online I can't seem to jump in time once I see the animation coming. I pretty much have to guess when they're gonna do it, or just start jumping all the time. I've literally had one player hit me with hellfire six times in a row, because I refused to jump and eat a teleport punch combo.

Once they get you jumping, then it's a spear/teleport-fest, and since most Scorpion's are learning to use the Ex teleport, they go right into the 1,1,1 combo after it, and turn it into more of a guessing game by ending the 1,1,1 with his leg sweep. Once they get you blocking low at the end of the 1,1,1, they stop using the leg sweep and start going with his overhead to lead you into a big combo.

It's sad that I'm getting beat by these easy tactics...but it's really starting to mind-f*ck me.

Lol thats not even scratching the surface of what scorpion is capable of in mind games.

Have you done glow+jumping? That will negate spear and hellfire at the same time.

With the right timing you can hit scorpion out of tele punch even his EX.

So it's possible to cover all 3 options in one jump as jade.

What gives me trouble is not 111, after tele punch. It's a guessing game from low F3 into spear, or B2 overhead after EX telepunch. Both are 30%+ and it's a 50/50 guess
. It's safer to block low more often than high.

I can load a video of me knocking a scorpion thats really good out of his EX.

Any other questions?

Dear Joe,

No. You don't react to scorpion, you make scorpion react to you. That matchup is all about you controlling his actions rather than waiting to see what he'll do. Learn instant bf3 for first, so you can glow on reaction, and vs scorpion you glow, glow, glow, eliminating the mere thought of a spear. When you see that he's giving up on spear and starting to pressure you properly, that's where the fun begins. d3, d1, d4, b4 are all things you want to spam at scorpion, making him want to jump. When he starts to jump, you can start using your anti air. njp if he overjumps you, b2 if he's coming at you, u3 if he's being hoppy across the screen.
Also, whenever he's knocked down, throw a low projectile after him to force him to block low. If he's close enough, db2 him into a combo from that low block. Your enhanced boomerangs stuff his teleport, because it has no iFrames neither at the beginning nor the very end.
Cornering scorpion with db2, b2, u3, d1, d3, d4, b4, 12 into shadow kick, b1 into combo of your choice, 3 into combo of your choice, is very easy and it pays. If he's about to teleport, crouch and wait for him to show up, then df2 so you put him right back into the corner.

I've had not one scorpion player ragequit on me when he kept trying to teleport out and kept ending up right back in the corner eating anywhere from 25 to 33% damage.

Although everything you say is true glortor you gotta be careful with the timings of your moves if you start DB2 overhead a tad late and scorpion does a EX tele punch. You're gonna eat a 40%+ combo and then you're stuck in the corner. Some of jades moves are probably a little too dangerous to use on scorpions wake up game, since a EX punch is quick and leads to a huge combo and jades main combo moves are laggy enough to eat it if you whiff or do the moves a little late

Fair point, it really is a guessing game but the whole game is a guessing game to that extent - I wasn't saying "this is the only way" just naming the tools to use. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

My point is some of your stuff is a guessing game. You gonna rang ex on a assumption? You lose a whole bar if they chose to block low instead of punch.

But seeing that they commit to a low block on wakeup isn't useless... It can help Jade's pressure on wakeup game
And even if they do it just that one time, ex rang will stuff their teleport...

But seeing that they commit to a low block on wakeup isn't useless... It can help Jade's pressure on wakeup game
And even if they do it just that one time, ex rang will stuff their teleport...

You can "see" or "test" their patterns through a safer means than throwing meter. If you're talking about whiffing the first hit and they block it low. I'm ok with that. It keeps them in the corner and you can build more pressure/meter on their block.

but in a case where your inputs will go in at the same time as Scorpions. It's not worth the risk if you don't know for sure. Because if you hit his low block... you're eating a combo from him. or at the very least get in a coin flip situation where you either... take chip, or take 40%. Both are not good.

When I get them in corners. I spam D3. If they block low now I know. I will get pushed back, then I can start more pressure and he won't be able to teleport. most of the options I use will keep him in the corner as long as he doesn't jump toward me. But I got "safety" feel traps to call them out on that.

For the record against a PRO, low EX rang is garbage. It's similar to Mileena. I can see mileena spend her meter, And I am always capable of holing block longer on reaction to seeing the meter used up.

The same can be done for Jade's low boomerang. Can on reaction to watching ur meter, block low. But.... in a corner situation i'm cool with them reading that cuz they stay in the corner.

the main difference is mileena's EX makes her more safe.

Last edited:
Have you done glow+jumping? That will negate spear and hellfire at the same time.

To be honest, that's something I have to work on more when fighting Scorpion. Most good Scorpions use their spear sparingly, or only in combos, and I always seem to get caught by spears when I'm least expecting it, because I'm not looking for it. I'm glowing constantly again characters like Kitana, Sub-Zero, Kung Lao, etc...and should probably be doing the same again Scorpions.

With the right timing you can hit scorpion out of tele punch even his EX.

So it's possible to cover all 3 options in one jump as jade.

I guess I'm not quite sure on the timing for jump-punching him out of his teleport, so I'm not too fond of trying it. I've done it on accident before, but never with the intent of knocking him out of his teleport on purpose. If you jump slightly before he teleports, should you be pushing the punch button as soon as you jump?

The same can be done for Jade's low boomerang. Can on reaction to watching ur meter, block low.

They don't really even have to watch your meter...if they see you glow purple and see a boomerang come out at the same time, they know you're using an Ex...I wish Jade didn't have the purple animation on her Ex boomerangs for this reason.

Thanks for the advice guys. I'll put some of this stuff to practice against Scorpion.

To be honest, that's something I have to work on more when fighting Scorpion. Most good Scorpions use their spear sparingly, or only in combos, and I always seem to get caught by spears when I'm least expecting it, because I'm not looking for it. I'm glowing constantly again characters like Kitana, Sub-Zero, Kung Lao, etc...and should probably be doing the same again Scorpions.

I guess I'm not quite sure on the timing for jump-punching him out of his teleport, so I'm not too fond of trying it. I've done it on accident before, but never with the intent of knocking him out of his teleport on purpose. If you jump slightly before he teleports, should you be pushing the punch button as soon as you jump?

They don't really even have to watch your meter...if they see you glow purple and see a boomerang come out at the same time, they know you're using an Ex...I wish Jade didn't have the purple animation on her Ex boomerangs for this reason.

Thanks for the advice guys. I'll put some of this stuff to practice against Scorpion.

I don't actually AIM for punishing his tele punch that way, Because it only leads to 5% punch/knock down. I was just reiterating. when you're already in the air, and you know the tele-punch is coming. just throw out a fist. It's better than just eating it. (Sometimes to be honest you will punch in the wrong direction.)

Just you gotta mix up your approach just as much as scorpion mix's up his attacks.

Remember this, a spear leads to a full combo. So avoid that at all costs. Hellfire leads to nothing(but conditioning you to jump). So it's less dangerous but because of it being less dangerous scorpions will use hellfire slightly more expecting you to play it safer.

Scorpion is probably the most annoying when it comes to mix ups. But all 3 of his mix ups that are annoying lead to HIM getting combo'd by a full combo. whiff spear=full combo, Blocked tele- full combo, jump in punch on hell fire = full combo.

Can anyone confirm that Jade's U+3 takes priority over Nightwolf's shoulder charge?

Last night I was playing against a guy using Nightwolf, and after I knocked him down, I used U+3 against him from about jumping distance, and knocked him out of a wake-up shoulder charge.

Then, a little later in the match, I did the same thing against a wake-up ex shoulder charge, and while it didn't knock him out of it, he charged right through me. I'm not sure if either of us took damage, cause I didn't get a chance to look at our life bars in time, but he definitely went through me with the ex, not under me, because I was just rising up as he did the wake-up.

You can "see" or "test" their patterns through a safer means than throwing meter. If you're talking about whiffing the first hit and they block it low. I'm ok with that. It keeps them in the corner and you can build more pressure/meter on their block.

but in a case where your inputs will go in at the same time as Scorpions. It's not worth the risk if you don't know for sure. Because if you hit his low block... you're eating a combo from him. or at the very least get in a coin flip situation where you either... take chip, or take 40%. Both are not good.

When I get them in corners. I spam D3. If they block low now I know. I will get pushed back, then I can start more pressure and he won't be able to teleport. most of the options I use will keep him in the corner as long as he doesn't jump toward me. But I got "safety" feel traps to call them out on that.

For the record against a PRO, low EX rang is garbage. It's similar to Mileena. I can see mileena spend her meter, And I am always capable of holing block longer on reaction to seeing the meter used up.

The same can be done for Jade's low boomerang. Can on reaction to watching ur meter, block low. But.... in a corner situation i'm cool with them reading that cuz they stay in the corner.

the main difference is mileena's EX makes her more safe.

It doesn't matter if you are unsure... In no situation is a blocked rang on wakeup useless to me....