Jade Thread - "Good Boy!"

/stimulates discussion

What are ideas for her best hit confirms?

And what moves can punish a Rep dash?

I usually just grab, or attempt a 1,2,2. Or I do down3 spam until he's out of range then depending on my read.
If I think he's gonna jump toward me. Nuetral Jump punch
If I think he's gonna retaliate with a dash in or a string. Up3
If I think he's gonna block dash in 1, grab.
instead of nuetral jump punch you can do B2 instead also.

I read somewhere that when you do her B1. and you realize it's blocked. but you already did the input for DB2. You can still save it with DF2 to make it safe even though you already hit DB2. the DF2 will overwrite it. It's a little hard to do. But in time could be in handy.

I usually just grab, or attempt a 1,2,2. Or I do down3 spam until he's out of range then depending on my read.
If I think he's gonna jump toward me. Nuetral Jump punch
If I think he's gonna retaliate with a dash in or a string. Up3
If I think he's gonna block dash in 1, grab.
instead of nuetral jump punch you can do B2 instead also.

I read somewhere that when you do her B1. and you realize it's blocked. but you already did the input for DB2. You can still save it with DF2 to make it safe even though you already hit DB2. the DF2 will overwrite it. It's a little hard to do. But in time could be in handy.

Wow.... Jade has some strange mechanics...

Like not being able to use the same EX boomerang in the same combo
And EX low boomerang guaranteeing combos off of only certain strings...

But thanks for the Rep punishes, I never am able to beat Reps that spam the dash... so hard to punish with lag...

Wow.... Jade has some strange mechanics...

Like not being able to use the same EX boomerang in the same combo
And EX low boomerang guaranteeing combos off of only certain strings...

But thanks for the Rep punishes, I never am able to beat Reps that spam the dash... so hard to punish with lag...

yeah it is hard. even in lagless matches I miss sometimes.

Sometimes when I go for the grab if they spam uppercut they can hit you out of it if you're not fast enough lol

yeah it is hard. even in lagless matches I miss sometimes.

Sometimes when I go for the grab if they spam uppercut they can hit you out of it if you're not fast enough lol

lmao, reptile really irks me... I can handle any other type of spammer with either jade or kitana....

you know, I am so used to having B+1 blocked that some times I will hit with B+1 db2 and I wil luse B+1 again for about.... 20% lmao

What do you do against Raiden Spam? Teleport is stupidly safe...

If I have meter. I will just stuff out a EX glow just as I think he's about to either superman, or teleport. as it will cover both options.

Otherwise I play the guessing game. If I think he'll superman I block. If he teleports, I'll combo him with backward inputs ready. Although getting hit by superman sucks, remember it's only roughly 10% while if you guess right you should be getting 30%+

Problem is this raiden overjumps into a combo right after he teleports and I can't seem to do anything about it. NJP works sometimes but most of the time he's got me. I'll try to ex glow

he crossover jumps after teleports? that's new to me lol. If that's the case you could try 1,2 and catch him on rise. then do 2-3 more of those 1,2's and end it with a staff grab.

I just realized that I try to meaty my opponent on wakeup everytime I use a combo..... Need to work on that...

And also, I NEVER use ex glow... Idk why, I just never use it... ever...

Finally, I found a video of a jade being used in a torunament... my life is complete