Iconic Horror Villain Fighting Game

luxul

In the LIU (terrible pun) of the recent Freddy Krueger DLC, some of us MK fans were a bit letdown by another guest character in MK. I, myself, was indifferent with the whole situation, but like everyone else, "shocked" to say the least.

Regardless, I do enjoy how Krueger was brought to life in such a visually striking style. It makes me wonder what other horror villains would be like, given this sort of treatment. Pinhead? Michael Myers? Jason Voorhees? Leatherface? Et cetera.

So, with that in mind, NRS / WB should create a fighting game solely based on iconic horror villains rather than creating an MK crossover. Maybe include some of the horror movie heroes, too? (think Ash from Evil Dead/ Army of Darkness)

Now, I do know that there is leaked footage of an old, "scrapped-away," under-finished horror fighting game (not done by Midway or NRS, mind you) that can be found on Youtube (which I can't find at the moment). So, basically, pretty much rehash that idea but with today's technology. Maybe NRS could pick this one up? Maybe?

Here's my questions to everyone; What would you title this fighting game? How would you like for this game to be played? Same MK fight engine or different? Finishing moves? 2D or 3D fighting? What villains would you like to see most? Which horror heroes would you like to see most? Or should it be villains only? How many characters should be in this game (maybe we can make a list in the future)? Stages? Any other ideas?

Of course, I'd like this game to have an M-rating. Make it as gory and sick as the horror movies were. And let's not get too serious with this one, as in, this one doesn't have to be tourney-worthy or highly competitive. ALSO, this should be released on Halloween or in October at least. ;)

What do you think? Discuss and brainstorm ideas! Lets keep it civil, folks. :)

Title: I can only think of cheesy ones lol
MK fight engine
2D
Characters I'd like to see: Jason, Leatherface, Scream, Freddy, Ash, Alien, Predator

I couldn't even get past the "Liu" joke at the beginning. You are indeed the king of the puns. #HAIL!

Just add JASON now to MK9 and were all set to go! No need for any one other than JASON since it's already a WB character...

Nuff Said!

EASY!

By: DCS

Terror is Reality
Tournament of Nightmares
Fear Face-Off

Etc. cheesy titles xD

Mmm, grilled cheese. :p Hey, I at least admire your courage for revealing them, even if they are Quan Cheesy. ;-) Tournament of nightmares does sound pretty cool tho.

I couldn't even get past the "Liu" joke at the beginning. You are indeed the king of the puns. #HAIL!

Like I said it was a terrible one at that. Let the facepalms ensue. LOL! Thank ya kindly. #HAIL #BOOM #HASHTAGSFTW

Just add JASON now to MK9 and were all set to go! No need for any one other than JASON since it's already a WB character...

Nuff Said!

EASY!

By: DCS

So, you just want a "Freddy VS Jason" in MK9? Hmm... okay I guess. No thought on a separate game veering away from MK9? That was my whole intention of the thread.

Last edited:
I've actually been thinking about this for the last few days. It could be an interesting idea, if not maybe a horror game where you would encounter these villains in various scenarios. I'd buy it.

I've actually been thinking about this for the last few days. It could be an interesting idea, if not maybe a horror game where you would encounter these villains in various scenarios. I'd buy it.

Nice. Yeah I was thinking that too. If fighting fails, maybe a survival-horror adventure game with ALL classic horror icons? Think Resident Evil meets Kingdom Hearts. Sort of. I'd buy that for a dollar!

too much legal issues, its never gonna happen.
but it would have been a badass game though

Pinhead would be my first choice to play as

Title: Legends of Horror
Completely different fighting engine, with a more strategy based gameplay
3D
Characters: Jason, Leatherface, Ghost Face, Freddy, Ash, Alien, Predator, Pinhead, Jigsaw, Chucky, Leprechaun, Frankenstein, Werewolf, Dracula, Pennywise, The Creeper (Jeeper's Creeper), Alice (Resident Evil), Gremlin, Blade (Blade 1,2, Trinity), Seth Gecko (From Dusk Til Dawn), Zombie (Resident Evil, 28 Days/Weeks Later, Dawn of the Dead, etc.), Regan or the Devil (The Exorcist), Dutch (Predator)

yeah, been thinkin about this for a while, even though, i too think it will never happen

Title: Legends of Horror
Completely different fighting engine, with a more strategy based gameplay
3D
Characters: Jason, Leatherface, Ghost Face, Freddy, Ash, Alien, Predator, Pinhead, Jigsaw, Chucky, Leprechaun, Frankenstein, Werewolf, Dracula, Pennywise, The Creeper (Jeeper's Creeper), Alice (Resident Evil), Gremlin, Blade (Blade 1,2, Trinity), Seth Gecko (From Dusk Til Dawn), Zombie (Resident Evil, 28 Days/Weeks Later, Dawn of the Dead, etc.), Regan or the Devil (The Exorcist), Dutch (Predator)

yeah, been thinkin about this for a while, even though, i too think it will never happen

Still, its awesome you thought most of this up. Nice kickass selection of ideal characters, I wouldn't mind seeing all of these characters tearing each other apart. Maybe add in Pumpkinhead as a mid-boss? :-D

Question; What do mean by strategy based gameplay? And why 3D? Just curious.

I was so happy to see this thread, I signed up just to post. My friend and I, who are both big horror fans, as well as big fighting game fans, went off on like a three day tangent of coming up with a great list of HOrror Icons that we'd love to see in a fighting game.

First of all, the engine has got to be the Mortal Kombat engine. It needs the detailed artwork and lots and lots of blood! Also, most of these monsters have trademark finishing moves, so a "Finish Him!" option is a must.

We also came up with using Vincent Price's voice for the Shao Kahn announcer. Other "host" characters that could make an appearance could be Elvira, Hitch****, and Rod Serling from the Twilight Zone.

Now, I'd imagine getting the licenses for all the characters to include would be difficult, but an awful lot of the monsters seem to be either WB or Universal owned. Really if Universal and WB could get together for this game, that's like 70-80% of the characters right there.

Here's a quick rundown of my lists. I broke them into categories.

Classic Movie Monsters: Dracula, Frankenstein, Wolf Man, The Mummy, Creature from the Blak Lagoon, Bride of Frank, Dr. Jeckle & Mr. Hyde, and maybe later as a DLC Abbott and Costello fighting in tandem.

Psychopaths: Freddy, Jason, Mike Myers, Leatherface, Chucky, Ghostface, Jack Torrence (the Shining), Hannibal Lecter, and Norman Bates

Sci-fi: Alien, Predator, the original Terminator, Stripe (Gremlins), Sil (Species), Brundle Fly, Kille Clowns, a CHUD, and Audrey from Little Shop of Horrors

Paranormal: Regan (Exorcist), Pinhead, Pumpkinhead, the Leprechaun, Candy Man, Damien (the Omen), the Creeper from Jeepers Creepers, and Gozer from Ghostbusters.

Heroes: Ash Williams, Ellen Ripley, Van Helsing, Swamp Thing, Toxic Avenger, Peter Venkman, Bub the Zombie, Betelgeuse, and Edward Scissorhands.

That's not even everyone we've come up with. Wutchu think? Any other suggestions?

And I love this idea, I'd buy this game in a heartbeat!

oh, and the great evil that has gathered all of the worst of the worst to fight in a tournament for his amusement could be none other than the Master of Madness himself, Cthulhu!

Hah, nice! How bout a create-a-character mode where you can make your own psycho or monster? And then give him a guitar and nunchucks...