Goro and Release date revealed.

D'Vorah has a pretty cool design, IMO, and she looks like she perfectly belongs in a game series full of odd creatures, beings and sorcerers.
Her stingers protrude from her body and Baraka's blades protrude from his arms, as well as D'Vorah's Fatality being pretty gruesome.

i dont see the cool design. with the hood up she looks like a generic background extra from a million other games.
its a shame her stingers just come out of nowhere i think shed look more iconic and original if they were there the whole time

i dont see the cool design. with the hood up she looks like a generic background extra from a million other games.
its a shame her stingers just come out of nowhere i think shed look more iconic and original if they were there the whole time

I do see the cool design.
She looks like a human / bug hybrid, like something out of The Fly.
Looks like she belongs in MK, to me.
Not to mention, her stingers come out of her back, just the same way that Baraka's blades appear out of nowhere from his arms in previous games.

The difference is that Baraka has been in MK since 1993 (MKII), and this is D'Vorah's first game, so D'Vorah gets rejection while Baraka gets love, when in reality they're BOTH freaks who look strange apart from the MK-verse.

I will never understand how people can say a character doesn't look like they belong in mk. Going off the original trilogy, we had ninjas, a movie star, electric God, four armed beasts, native American, NY cop, cyborgs, a centaur and so on. It's about as random as it gets and the only reason people don't complain about them is because they're from the original trilogy. As far as I'm concerned, if they don't have a cute and cuddly look, they could probably fit in. Now whether you like the design or not is your own opinion, but the not looking like an mk character saying annoys me.

Last edited:
^sombody gets it

though in fairness the first 3 newcomers did throw me off by alot, not becuase i thought they were shitty additions but because of the varied designs and potential to actually be good overall characters by design in an MK game. Since when was the last time you could say that with a straight face?

Mortal Kombat has always been about over the top. In a game about the biggest tournament in the universe, it makes sense to have a crazy and fantastic variety of characters. Almost anything that can kill can be it. Does not mean they have to be a martial artist or skilled. Shit, if Charles Manson could stand a chance or hold some of his own, he'd fit. Anything violent fits.

Look at DBZ. It has slow characters, fast characters, powerful beings, weak beings. You have to have gray areas. Scorpion cannot be as powerful as Sub-Zero, who is as powerful as Kenshi, who is as powerful as... etc etc etc.

Variety makes it not boring. I love the new additions. The more they add, the better the lore. I think a story with chinese assassins, ninjas, reptilian beings, dragon-men, bladed warrior mutants, Aztec gods, cops, half-naked women, shaolin monks, Thunder Gods and all that sounds pretttyyy epic.

And then we have another Nitara situation. No thanks.

So what fits in Mortal Kombat? I'm tired of seeing people say that the new characters don't fit. It doesn't make any sense to me. Should everybody just be a ninja?

I fail to see how a barbarian brute, a reclusive insect queen and an Aztec god don't fit in a fantasy fighting tournament that contains multiple realms and dimensions. Jesus Christ the series has cyborgs, four armed tiger monsters, cops, princesses, mutants, zombies, demons and gods. The game has pretty open standards for what it considers acceptable.

Thank fock somebody gets it. I'm new, so how do you rep someone?

I bet this is how pre-orders are going to go...

GameStop = Goro
Best Buy = Kintaro

Or vice versa and even more...

Lol

Not to mention, her stingers come out of her back, just the same way that Baraka's blades appear out of nowhere from his arms in previous games.

The difference is that Baraka has been in MK since 1993 (MKII), and this is D'Vorah's first game, so D'Vorah gets rejection while Baraka gets love, when in reality they're BOTH freaks who look strange apart from the MK-verse.

no its not that. barakas arm blades make sense they act like a stanley knife (retractable). dvorah on the other hand those stingers just come out of nowhere.

I will never understand how people can say a character doesn't look like they belong in mk. .
maybe coz your not a designer. anyone with even the slightest eye for design will straight away see that ferra torr looks like they were designed for soul calibur not MK.

Lol, so a simpleton decides what fits in a game situated in a fictional, fantasy world, rather than the developers.

Right...

maybe coz your not a designer. anyone with even the slightest eye for design will straight away see that ferra torr looks like they were designed for soul calibur not MK.

As someone who is a total nazi for character design, I can assure you that Ferra/Torr fits into the MK world. Same with Kotal, Cassie and D'Vorah. The only character that did feel out of place was Bo' Rai Cho.