General Injustice Gods Among Us Gameplay Chat

I woudl rather call on NRS (who don't seem interested in listening) and hope they fix such things as the insane spam, the broken crossups and jumpins, and the abusive overpowered moves that dominate the game, as well as balance the characters.

I was with you for a while. I tried helping and I tried understanding your reasoning. But with I just quoted above, you are beyond lost sir.

That mentality is what led to the death of MK9. NRS listened to the fans too much and patched everything within a 5 mile radius. The game changed too much too often, nobody wanted to keep up with it and learn new tech that they thought would be gone in a week. Because players like you were too lazy to get around it. I don't want to learn how to use Lex Luthor properly, I want NRS to easy mode it and make all of his moves instant full screen punishers. I want Superman's lazers to only reach half screen and I want Deathstroke to have limited ammo.

You should probably call Ed Boon too. Hopefully he can hold the controller for you.

I was with you for a while. I tried helping and I tried understanding your reasoning. But with I just quoted above, you are beyond lost sir.

That mentality is what led to the death of MK9. NRS listened to the fans too much and patched everything within a 5 mile radius. The game changed too much too often, nobody wanted to keep up with it and learn new tech that they thought would be gone in a week. Because players like you were too lazy to get around it. I don't want to learn how to use Lex Luthor properly, I want NRS to easy mode it and make all of his moves instant full screen punishers. I want Superman's lazers to only reach half screen and I want Deathstroke to have limited ammo.

You should probably call Ed Boon too. Hopefully he can hold the controller for you.

maybe hector can wipe his ass and adam urbano can hold his balls

That's a good post...to a point.

The notion that we cannot comment on the game at this stage is flawed. of course we can, adn we should. This idea that we should go around with our eyes closed to what is obviously broken at this stage is nonsensical. There are lots of problems with the game, including matchmaking (complete crap) and balance. The idea that certain characters are going to be balanced later by virtue of other characters discovering new secrets is far fetched. Some might, others won't. I don't think Lex is one of them; he is patently too slow. Lots of stuff can really screw him up. Batman's tactic of rushing behind his projectiles has the same effect as Black Adam's trait in totally shutting down his armour and wihtout that Lex really has nothing.

This game has a lot of extremely overpowered moves. The characters without them are at a considerable disadvantage just because of the way the game plays and because of their existence in it. There isn't muich that can be done about that. I have no idea how you might buff Lex without totally breaking him or the game. But I think he needs something.

I respect your opinion, particularly as it isn't filled with adolescent abuse. However I think it does the game no favours to ignore the issues that exist now. Not least of all because the community for these games is already small and people will and have given up the game because of things like Deathstroke spam.

Lex's problem isn't that he is intrinsically weak. It's that he doesn't have the tools to deal with the environment of play. Deathstroke spam in particular, or superman eyebeemz spam, for instance, shuts him down completely. he can't get any of his tools out and even corps charge has limited range leaving him vulnerable to things like the sword flip (or sinestro's meteors).

I think it's a mistake to cater solely toward the pro FGC and to allow their opinions to dominate for the simple reason it raises the point of entry way too high. The problem with injustice is that it wants to be both casual and complex, so you have things like interactibles as well as frame data.

Lex being slow is simply his fundamental flaw. There really isn't any other way to explain it. All his tools take forever to launch and in that time you are being punched or zoned.

Wow you refuse to do what I asked.

People like you are the reason jade Kano got nerfed when they were already barely viable.

Reading your posts clearly shows you have no standing or opinions that hold any ground.

Your knowledge of this game is so low, you really have no right to make balance calls.

Please give me ONE example of something you considered too powerful, and I'll show you why your wrong.

Hmmm.... I'll practice this.

Any tips on wake up attacks and dealing with zoners?
What are your combo strings for F3?
This isn't a dick waving contest? Looks like I shaved for nothing :(

zoners I get their timing down, adjust my spacing and jump B-F3 either in on them or I close the gap. I prefer to drop in right out of sweep range so I can either slide in or just go for a Lanterns Might. More space dependant, I recorded Deathstroke and got the spacing down.

for the F3 I do a D2, LM(MB),B3 which is like 6 hits 25% or so or you can swap in a MB gatling instead of the B3 and its like 2 or 3% more damage and more hits, looks flashier but for me not worth burning the meter for the 2-3% damage unless its a killshot.

I don't know how/why, but sometimes when I cross up w/ Shazam's ji2 and try to follow up w/ his F223 string his Atlas Torpedo (BF2) comes out instead. Negative edge is off, so that can't be the reason why. I'm pretty sure it's not me either since I'm putting in the right inputs.

Then explain to me how when i block superman's MB super punch by standing block (it's all overheads and mids) the last hit still gets through - yet when i set the AI to do the exact same thing I block all of it.

Or how when i'm backing away from an opponent he can jump in and hit me and score a hit even though it isn't a crossup.

You are misrepresenting what I say entirely. I didn't ask for them to 'patch everything'. If your only argument is a cheap straw man then you have no argument.

You really want to defend players who sit there and spam the same move over and over? You think that's a good advert for this game? EVERY single superman player that i've come across does that and nothing but. That's a good thing?

I'm not talking about EVERY character. I'm talking about Lex, and he needs a buff. There's no two ways about it. You can sit and talk abotu secret tech all day long, in this case he is weak and he does need improving. Pretending otherwise because of what happened in another game is no argument at all.

I do approve of zoning. Shit, I main Raven. You can bet your ass I love my Soul Crushes. There is a stark difference between zoning and spamming though. A spammer will mash lasers fullscreen, midscreen and up close. They have no idea what to do other than shoot beams. A zoner will laser you from afar, air dash cross you up from midscreen and FM, H up close.

If you don't like them doing it, find out how to beat it. If you don't have the patience to beat it, only play people on your friend's list. If you don't have people who play Injustice on your friend's list, go into player rooms. Find somebody who plays the way you want them to play and add them. Then have fun as you take turns Corp Charging eachother. It is simple.

As for your supposed bugs, I've too experienced them online. Though they're rare. I flat out got caught with Superman's special even when I knew it was coming and baited it. Seemed like it was unblockable.

I never said Lex didn't need a buff. But you are in no place to call for one seeing how you have no idea how to use him. It was like in another thread. One member demanded Batman get a buff. When asked what they should buff about Batman, he said "I don't know, he just needs a buff". And these are the people NRS unfortunately listens to.

Wow you refuse to do what I asked.
That isn't what you asked. Now you are trying to twist what was said. You asked about specific issues with Lex. His specific issue is that he is centrally lacking: he is too slow to get his tools out. You ignored that. Now you are asking me for something else based on what I said after. If you want an example of a something too powerful I would say the crossups in this game are ridiculous. They are way too ambiguous and quick. The zoning is also far too intense. The block mechanism rewards zoners since you have to effectively walk away from them in order to avoid attacks such as sinestro's rocks. Ducking isn't always an option.

Funnily enough, when someone else makes a similar and even more aggressive point about Lex, they don't get spat on:

Officially putting Lex in the "Dog Sh!t" tier group. After a good number of matches with him against a variety of characters he just can't hold his own in a lot of situations.

I guess it's not what you know, but who.

The block mechanism rewards zoners since you have to effectively walk away from them in order to avoid attacks such as sinestro's rocks. Ducking isn't always an option.

Backdashing has invincibility frames and forward dashing can avoid many attacks like Sinestro's rocks, crossups and Doomsday's Supernova

As for your supposed bugs, I've too experienced them online. Though they're rare. I flat out got caught with Superman's special even when I knew it was coming and baited it. Seemed like it was unblockable.
I never said Lex didn't need a buff. But you are in no place to call for one seeing how you have no idea how to use him. It was like in another thread. One member demanded Batman get a buff. When asked what they should buff about Batman, he said "I don't know, he just needs a buff". And these are the people NRS unfortunately listens to.

I'm not talking about being caught by it. I'm talking about blocking it and being hit while blocking. That attack should not get through the block even on MB against standing block.

I made it perfectly clear, if you'd bothered to read, that I don't know how you fix Lex. I have no idea how they can change what they have done without wrecking anything. I didn't design the game, it's not my responsibility. It is entirely likely that NRS has set it up in such a way that buffing anyone would wreck game balance. The fact remains that he is weak and insulting me when other people including you agree, though they lack the balls to say so, is cowardly.

Backdashing has invincibility frames and forward dashing can avoid many attacks like Sinestro's rocks, crossups and Doomsday's Supernova

you miss the point. against zoners moving away doesn't help you. They can bait you into blocking and just leave you walking back away by virtue of the block mechanism in this game.

Funnily enough, when someone else makes a similar and even more aggressive point about Lex, they don't get spat on:

I guess it's not what you know, but who.

Or maybe. Just a guess here. I wasn't being a douche about it. I only did a few matches a small amount of time in training mode. As i said in the previous post. My understanding of the character isnt full proof, it was from a smll observation. I'm lazy. If something isnt working for me from the get go, I move on. Me and the flash clicked. Me and Harley clicked. I don't like slow charcaters in general, in any fighter.

you miss the point. against zoners moving away doesn't help you. They can bait you into blocking and just leave you walking back away by virtue of the block mechanism in this game.

How can they bait you? Can they make their projectile disappear in mid air? How long does it take you to walk backwards before realizing a projectile isn't coming your way?