Everyone play ________ the same online

ENIGMA86

i've seen a lot of characters being used in the same way with almost every players online...

Kano: people just pick him to throw knives and upball....throw knives from far distance then upball when the opponent gets close..

Raiden: teleport then do a combo and then superman..

Ermac: everyone who play Ermac do the same combo

Lui Kang: Juggle across the screen

Sub-Zero: combo combo and then slide

Reptile: combo then kick then force ball then kick then forceball all the way into the corner..

Shang Tsung: Tsung players just like seeing their opponent floating on the air lol..every Shang Tsung i encounter always try to do that combo..

so basically when i encounter one of these characters, i kind of know what to expect already...what are some other characters that are being used in the same way online?

Characters fall into specific roles so you pretty much have to use them a certain way. You'll get variation between players using the same character but for the most part their role stays the same. It's how fighting games are designed, might as well get used to it. I don't see the point in this thread.

Why shouldn't you use the strong points of the character ?
Why go with a lower damge combo while you can do the higher damage one wich offcourse everybody use ?
It's not like there are tons of options to choose from, just a hand full of moves wich can be linked together.
I don't talk about spamming here, that's a whole differrent story :)

So youre pissed that people are playing to characters strengths and using them correctly? Isnt that what youre supposed to do? MK is not just offensive if youre mad because these things are difficult to defend against go to the I Quit thread and there are some very experienced and way better players than myself there to help you learn how to defend and better your game.

WOW you want people to do some amazing kombos that don't require the square, triangle, x, and circle buttons on the controller haha im still laughing at the liu kang juggle and shang tsung "floating in the air". This is ridiculous

OP, it's because most people can't think out the box, mix things up or be innovative.

If I play against a mirror, or someone that uses one of my mains and they beat me, I try and remember what it was they did differently to me, and I try and incorporate it into my gameplay.

I think this game is an ever evolving process. Be grateful that if there are sheep that play the same generic way, they are easily predicted and counterable.

Characters fall into specific roles so you pretty much have to use them a certain way. You'll get variation between players using the same character but for the most part their role stays the same. It's how fighting games are designed, might as well get used to it. I don't see the point in this thread.

how smart..i like how you don't see the point in this thread..

So youre pissed that people are playing to characters strengths and using them correctly? Isnt that what youre supposed to do? MK is not just offensive if youre mad because these things are difficult to defend against go to the I Quit thread and there are some very experienced and way better players than myself there to help you learn how to defend and better your game.

no i'm not pissed at how people are playing characters the same way..maybe i pissed you off and if that's the case then i'm sorry...and believe me those same combo pattern and strategies are not that difficult to predict and defend...i tend to have harder time with players who play character a little different from the rest...i'm just pointing out how MK can be a very predictable game

WOW you want people to do some amazing kombos that don't require the square, triangle, x, and circle buttons on the controller haha im still laughing at the liu kang juggle and shang tsung "floating in the air". This is ridiculous

please point out where did i mention doing combos without those buttons...the Liu Kang juggle is fun to do and i'm also one of them who uses his juggle across the screen..but when i play, i only use that juggle when the opportunity present itself...most players just want to get close and do a juggle and that's all that they're looking for....player online are only aiming for that big juggle only and nothing else...my cousin was a heavy combo player..he can do combos beyond 35% damage but he always lose to me because during the match, that's the only thing he's aiming for..yeah it's rewarding once he landed the big combo, but gets predictable...Shang Tsung players are predictable as well..i haven't met one Shang Tsung online that can beat me..and i'm sure you're a Shang Tsung player so if you want to try, you can always add me comboless_PLAYER

I don't know, nobody plays Smoke like I do. I actually use Smoke Away/Forwards....

lol you must be this one smoke player that i faced a while back.....i win like 90% of the time when someone pick smoke against me..but i lost to a dude that play smoke differently..he used the smoke away/forwards..what happen is he almost never use the smoke teleport and when i face character with teleport, i tend to block more so he just smoke forward and grab lol...

You need to fight me if you think all Liu Kang players are like that.

lol i'm glad...i said most player(not all) online have forgotten Liu Kang's other tools..i find Liu Kang player keeping the distance and just fire balling more challenging than the ones that just wanna get close and do a juggle...Liu Kang(and RAin) is my favorite character but the button changes in this game kinda mess it up for me..i'm not that good with Liu Kang but we can spar if you want.. comboless_PLAYER

i think its just the way the game is. Everything about the game other than when im winning, annoys the shit out of me. The games cheap, people play cheap, but damn its a good game.

Characters in this game are designed with a specific purpose/strategy in mind when it comes to gameplay. You may be bored of 'seeing the same thing over and over again', but the bottom line is people, including myself, are going to stick with the tried-and-true and go with what works. Innovation is great when you have tons of different combos/juggles to use at your disposal, but keep in mind that half the combos these characters get from the get-go aren't even that great while others serve no purpose at all other than providing 'variety' for the same amount of damage another, better combo can provide.

BnB (Bread and Butter) combo starters and strings will always be used to their fullest effect for that character because it's the only way your truly going to have an advantage during the match. Sure, you can do the other combos and stuff NRS provides on the move list screen, but you won't be doing yourself any favors.

Sub-Zero: combo combo and then slide

Unless Sub Zero fires his ice sword out of his hand or has some type of damaging projectile I dont know about, then yes, every combo should end with some sort of a slide, it's the only way you're going to maximize damage. You can only freeze the guy once during a combo, whether its ground freeze or with ice ball, and the rest either requires perfectly timed juggling, an ice slide, or an x ray finisher. This isnt because subby players lack innovation or because we are all the same and simply love to 'bore you' with our combos, its because its all we have in regards to maximizing damage with our combos. The list you provided sounds like players who know what their doing and know what their characters purpose is.

If you already know what they are doing, then you shouldn't be complaining because you should be winning all the time. If it's an entertainment value things thats bothering you and you feel that characters should have more offered for their combos other than 'the same old thing', might I suggest writing to Ed Boon and Co. on their twitter and demand more specials/combos for each character to make it much more different each play through. But, since that will never happen, you will have to get used to it and just deal with it. They aren't going to change.

Whorepions and Smokers

Ugh!

Scorpion seems "cheap" often times, but Smoke is ridiculous since I often use slower players.

Raiden to a lesser degree, but that's just his play style of cornering someone and trapping them there.

i've seen a lot of characters being used in the same way with almost every players online...

Kano: people just pick him to throw knives and upball....throw knives from far distance then upball when the opponent gets close..

I use Kano as a mix of defense/counter, rush-down and zoning. Mixing it up really throws people off and I've fought many who get destroyed by my rush-down with him (Kano has some decent mixups). Still can't get the timing on his juggles down online though so 4 hit combos it is! But yeah, alot play him as a spammer

Scorpion, that's pretty much who 70% of the people online play with.

I really don't see this.....at all. When I play online, I only get like one or two Scorpions.

Either way, I enjoy playing as Scorpion so the fact that most of this board sees Scorpion players as scrubs is ignorant......shouldn't generalize everyone who chooses him. Any character can be 'abused', not just Scorpion. I see more people online spamming Raiden, Noob, Smoke and Ermac more than anything.