Ed Boon Announces No More DLC for Mortal Kombat 9

Do you know what costs the most money? Selling nothing. That's what they're doing right now.

Nonesense. They are getting paid to develop a new Mortal Kombat Title.

The only reason I care is because during MK9's development, Boon constantly talked about dlc and said this game was being made with dlc in mind. I know he said that how much dlc is released is going to depend on how successful it is. Well, it's been hugely successful, and no additional dlc has been released, so obviously he was either lying or didn't know what he was talking about.

I don't know why I would have ever expected more from the MK team. The lesson is to just not buy into the hype and take everything you hear from NRS with a big grain of salt. With how many times they have been wrong and/or lied in the past, I don't even necessarily believe him that there is no more dlc..

Do you know what Ed Boons job is? To market, produce and sell video games. A bit underhanded lying to make a buck but thats his job. Hes done a good one too as alot of folk will have bought every single DLC in vain hope of their been more. On the other hand maybe he isnt lying an WB decided to budget on them making a new game, since to be fair using MK9 as a base model for another game and using the same engine, then adding new levels, a few characters, costumes, fatalitys, new story is gonna make alot more money than DLC packages. Im not talking about UMK9, its likely it wont happen

My biggest hope is that the team is working on a sequel that will actually be good and not listening to a bunch of people who thought MK Trilogy was a good game. The last thing we need is a sequel with things like brutalities or Motaro in it.
MK Trilogy if your not a pseudo pro, pro or some one who bases your opinion on others, to a vast majority a solid 2 player fighting game. It plays like old school MK and it is and old school MK. Its fun and was brought out with no other intention. Alot of people will not care for or will want to exploit glitches or broken combos, plus i dont think it was ever a tournament fighter so why should it matter?

but he also has said that they still plan to continue to support MK9.

That could also mean making the crappy servers better and improving the online netcode.

"Continuing to support MK9" implies MANY things that don't include DLC, such as buffing / nerfing characters if needed (via patches), to balance the game more.

DLC isn't the ONLY way for NRS to keep supporting MK9.

That could also mean making the crappy servers better and improving the online netcode.

"Continuing to support MK9" implies MANY things that don't include DLC, such as buffing / nerfing characters if needed (via patches), to balance the game more.

DLC isn't the ONLY way for NRS to keep supporting MK9.
Now lets be real your apsolutely right about what you just said but how long has it been since the last patch that came out for MK9? I honestly doubt we are gonna get another patch or online lag fix unless its really major problem but its not..dont you guys think that that NRS would be working on an UMK9 i mean Ed boon already said that they are working on another mk project but they are unable to announce any details regarding it. And fans keep asking him about it i say if they make an UMK9 they should call it another name like Ultimate Mortal Kombat: Endurance or something instead of UMK9 What do you guys think?

MK Is Dead DEAD ... Some Warriors Left Completely Unbalanced Like Sonya Vs Noob Shadows Spammer And 99% You Lose To Him ... & Other Bad Stuff Left There . Worst Is That Lazy NRS Not Release Costumes DLC For Every Warrior Just Create One Costume Changed Colors & Left ... Ahhh !!! TeKKen6 Dead (Awful Game) MK Dead . But Coming Good Fighters Like VF SC DOA . I Hope They Not Will Be Dead So Quick ... Oh I Say To Much =) Forgive Me

MK Is Dead DEAD ... Some Warriors Left Completely Unbalanced Like Sonya Vs Noob Shadows Spammer And 99% You Lose To Him ... & Other Bad Stuff Left There . Worst Is That Lazy NRS Not Release Costumes DLC For Every Warrior Just Create One Costume Changed Colors & Left ... Ahhh !!! TeKKen6 Dead (Awful Game) MK Dead . But Coming Good Fighters Like VF SC DOA . I Hope They Not Will Be Dead So Quick ... Oh I Say To Much =) Forgive Me

Ahh the war cry of the casual "this game is dead, this game in unbalanced". Frankly im glad the casuals with an attention span of 5 minutes are gone. They can go and derp it up on some FPS now which is where they belong. NRS are not lazy. Do you have any idea how many times they've done patches and hotfixes for this game. All the DLC costumes WERE FREE. The only thing they charged extra for were the DLC characters, all at a reasonable price. Some of you guys are seriously never satisfied.

Ed has already answered this question in the past dude. The answer is NO

Ed Boon also lies. I do believe that NRS are trying to follow in Capcoms footsteps somewhat. I mean they did MK 3 and then released UMK 3 way back in the 90's. The street fighter series is renound for re-releasing existing games with new stuff.

If some of you want this game to die or dont want another MK 9 then fine, I just wonder why you guys are still here emphasising the point.

I don't get the whole "MK is dead because there is no more DLC" comment.
I'd hate for MK9 to be over cluttered with too many characters, to begin with.
This isn't Armageddon.

As far as costumes go:
Sure, they could have put a few more out there, but in all fairness, they DID give us the most memorable MK 1 thru MK 3 Klassic costumes as DLC.
I'm not a big Reptile user, but his HUMAN costume is amongst the most memorable / requested by the fans, along with maskless Sub-Zero, Cyrax and Sektor.

EDIT:

Ahh the war cry of the casual "this game is dead, this game in unbalanced". Frankly im glad the casuals with an attention span of 5 minutes are gone. They can go and derp it up on some FPS now which is where they belong. NRS are not lazy. Do you have any idea how many times they've done patches and hotfixes for this game. All the DLC costumes WERE FREE. The only thing they charged extra for were the DLC characters, all at a reasonable price. Some of you guys are seriously never satisfied.

Agreed 100%.
Couldn't have said it better.

Well even if theres no DLC, the game is still great! Its like Super Smash Bro Brawl, there has never been DLC for it, and nothing has been added to it, but it still a great game!

no more DLC'S THAT MEANS NO TREMOR fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

Dude, tell me about it.
I wanted Tremor in an MK fighting game ever since Armageddon, and I was hoping that he would be an MK9 character when MK9 was first announced in late 2009 / early 2010.

I'm crossing my fingers for NRS to include his Black Dragon story, and make him a playable character in MK10.

lol at the guy who said mk is an awful game and that doa is a good game . hahaha too much comedy for one day lol.

It amazes me how a game as big as MK9 was and how much WB is all about profit that they would not continue to make more DLC when Boon himself said they never expected DLC to be that big. Hello Boon, r u a f-ing retard. Ppl want DLC and its a HUGE profit for u, yet u dont want to make more. FOOLISH desicion on their part.

creed, do you give a shit about anything other than DLC? That's all you ever seem to post about.

Like what?
The Smash Service. Custom stages, snapshots, etc. Like I said, not the kind of DLC you're talking about, but it's still DLC.

Last edited:
Meh, I'm not surprised, Boon has proven himself untrustworthy.

And untrustworthy people; they're untrustworthy....

Stop this talk of dlc etc we have no real idea of how these things works. The thread may be closed down otherwise, its happened before! Allthough the whole point of forums if voicing ones opinions, if we continue to bad mouth Ed Boon and NRS and WB it will damage TRMKS relationship with them. Allthough it is not their opinion allowing negative comments about the company this site is supporting will cause them to stop giving the admins free things to offer us like stickers and dlc postcards or even links where we can buy a blu ray of a free webseries etc

To be honest, the only ones trashing Boon and pulling the DLC line over and over, are just butt hurt noobs that are more concerned with what they see on the screen, as opposed to anything like future plans, UMK9, balancing, patches, tournaments.

Can you imagine if these people applied their spoilt brat ways in real life, and went into a bank and demanded the Bank Manager give him 400 K for a house and if he doesn't, is clearly a sell out. How do you think that exchange will go? Why the Hell would Boon feel the need to do anything more for this game, when people keep ragging on the guy. He's just given us the BEST MORTAL KOMBAT GAME, ever made. It sold more copies than SF IV and MvC3. The game is now tournament worthy.

Some of you haters should be thanking him.