Did Gamespot leak Soyna?

We have another possible Sonya slip-up / reveal, and the only thing people are discussing is "man-jaw" and looks, rather than the fact that this could also mean that Johnny and Liu Kang are also playable and on the roster (German GamePro leak)??? SMDH :banghead:
I seriously don't get this place sometimes.

On the plus side, I guess people finally shut up about the whole "Cassie is in, so Sonya and Johnny can't be in" subject. :laugh:

We still have one problem though, and it's that leaked Jax picture I saw on one of the threads. Either that was just an alternate version of Kano (with really bad lighting) or Lui Kang/Johnny Cage is the returning Big Bad.

We still have one problem though, and it's that leaked Jax picture I saw on one of the threads. Either that was just an alternate version of Kano (with really bad lighting) or Lui Kang/Johnny Cage is the returning Big Bad.

Wait... what? How does Jax being in the game lead to Liu Kang or Johnny Cage being the bad guy?

Wait... what? How does Jax being in the game lead to Liu Kang or Johnny Cage being the bad guy?

With a roster of 24 characters:
11+ are new (pretty much confirmed to be 12 by now)
3 More return reveals left (with Sonya pretty much confirmed)

With only 2 others left, if Jax is also in only one of those two are playable if the Magazine leak is true.

There won't be more than 8 new characters. Trust me. Plans changed during summer. That's my gut feeling all along. It will still be tight, though.

In that case, this game is sorta a mess roster wise. The only other thing I can see them do is expand the roster to be around 28-30 pre-DLC or else they've given a false ad claim with the "More New Characters" statement.

In that case, this game is sorta a mess roster wise. The only other thing I can see them do is expand the roster to be around 28-30 pre-DLC or else they've given a false ad claim with the "More New Characters" statement.
we don't know yet let wait and see first before making assumptions

I agree. Especially since the first the DLC characters in the Kombat Pack are 2 "Klassic Kombatants" and 2 "Guests"

Iv'e never had a problem with Sonya's face before, even when it comes to MK9. But this…..this is just bad. Obviously, the lighting is making her face looks worse than it actually is, but even then….geez. I wish they would've done something similar to her MKDA look this time around. She looked damn near perfect in that game. Her face and hair were spot on back then; just make some of her facial features match her older age.

There won't be more than 8 new characters. Trust me. Plans changed during summer. That's my gut feeling all along. It will still be tight, though.

again the roster probally not at 24 we do't know yet they never said any number or indicated what number it is we have just have to wait to see first

With a roster of 24 characters:

The MKX roster last showed 25 character slots, and Shaun Himmerick said that they were going to put in as many characters as possible.
My guess, based off of that, was that the build that they showed in the stream was a 6-month old build, and I think that the main roster number is closer to 28, with another possible 6 as DLC, for a total of 34 characters.
I SERIOUSLY doubt that 24 is the final roster number.

I have a better idea of what I'm talking about, in the roster speculation thread.......

http://www.trmk.org/forums/showthread.php/31024-Roster-Speculation?p=749018&viewfull=1#post749018

Last edited:
While I usually agree with you Chief, I think this time you're mistaken and the initial roster will really be only between 24-26. They may want to include more, but that doesn't mean they will. And frankly, I think they are on a really tight schedule.

The stream build can't be old. Doesn't make any sense. At all. Especially since it included more stuff than any other previous build they've shown. It was even newer than the demo build with 11 characters online magazines got their hands on for today's reveal. The only difference probably being that the stream build was a separate build derived from the main build that includes all the other parts of the game.

There is no way the roster can end up being 24. If ANY more characters from MK4 onward make it in about 75%+ of the roster will be returning characters. So much for "new new new"

The stream build can't be old. Doesn't make any sense. At all.

What does it matter how old the stream build is? It's a stream build. It ipso facto proves nothing. We know for a fact that they disable characters and costumes for stream builds, why is it hard to imagine that they kept the UI of old stream builds instead of updating to the finalized UI they have in the studio builds of the game?

The stream build can't be old. Doesn't make any sense. At all. Especially since it included more stuff than any other previous build they've shown. It was even newer than the demo build with 11 characters online magazines got their hands on for today's reveal. The only difference probably being that the stream build was a separate build derived from the main build that includes all the other parts of the game.

It does make sense.
The MK9 demo that came out on PS3 was like 6 to 8 months old, IIRC.
We don't know how old the stream build is so the 24 - 25 number of slots could be irrelevant.
Plus, Ed Boon said that the roster was close to the size of MK9 (32 characters), and I don't think that we're getting 8 DLC characters

Damage Control at its best: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6AnrqHHJ8Q

I found it on GamesHQMedia. At 2:04 you can see Cassie's face as Special Forces Mascot. They replaced Sonya so it's definitely a sign. Why would they do that if she's not in?

It's not damage control, though.
The UK version of that same video clearly has Sonya Blade at the 2:05 mark.

Unless I'm mistaken, those videos went up around the same time. I think they're just from different builds of the game.

They did. In fact later in the Gamestop video that I took the screen shot of they show Cassie in that spot. just slipped up and left a shot of Soyna in.