Creator of Mortal Kombat: Legacy to Develop MK Movie

Plus taking out the magic would make it no more than a generic fight film.

Not to mention that one of WB's longest lasting franchises had the "other worlds" premise and it goes by the name of Harry Potter and if you can watch that, Hellboy, The first Chronicles of Narnia film (since the others ruined the books), Thor, or Inception then MK shouldnt seem too "far-fetched

Exactly.
Taking out the magic from MK just makes it feel bland and "meh," IMO.

Also, as mentioned, this wouldn't be the first time that WB does a movie that involves other worlds, per se.
Thor and Harry Potter were about the best examples mentioned.

Those 2 have the exact blend between our world and "other" worlds that I'm talking about.
Sure, they take place in our world, but they also include a seperate world which includes magic, fireballs and DRAGONS and are blended very well together.
Harry Potter and Thor transitioned between these different worlds seamlessly.

I'm just saying that the elements of non-fiction and fiction can be mixed, without it seeming ridiculous.

As for MK:
Real world could = Earthrealm.
Fictional world could = Outworld.

Last edited:
You do know that the first game was on a parallel island between Earth and Outworld located in the Lost Sea right?

So in a first movie the locations can look pretty real but with fantasy characters included. Plus taking out the magic would make it no more than a generic fight film.

Not to mention that one of WB's longest lasting franchises had the "other worlds" premise and it goes by the name of Harry Potter and if you can watch that, Hellboy, The first Chronicles of Narnia film (since the others ruined the books), Thor, or Inception then MK shouldnt seem too "far-fetched.....plain and simple.

I wouldn't put Inception on the same level of fantasy as those other ones.

brain hacking someone in their sleep I don't think is something that's impossible lol. Maybe at the moment we don't got the technology. But I wouldn't count that as pure fantasy just yet.

Those "anti" dream guys that guy got from training his mind to prevent hackers. That is a realistic thing you can do with your dreams.

A bed wetter these days. If you train your mind to think about waking up, every single time you pee in real life. You'll think about this in your dream. And you can wake yourself up because you question reality everytime you pee even in real life.

So I can see how someone could train their brain "sprites" to defend him in a dream scenario.

You do know that the first game was on a parallel island between Earth and Outworld located in the Lost Sea right?

So in a first movie the locations can look pretty real but with fantasy characters included. Plus taking out the magic would make it no more than a generic fight film.

Not to mention that one of WB's longest lasting franchises had the "other worlds" premise and it goes by the name of Harry Potter and if you can watch that, Hellboy, The first Chronicles of Narnia film (since the others ruined the books), Thor, or Inception then MK shouldnt seem too "far-fetched.....plain and simple.

I don't give a shit about the first game fitting into the multi-realm story. It sucks regardless. I never said to take out magic; just the realms BS.

I don't give a shit about any of those movies, either. I don't care that Harry Potter is one of the biggest franchises ever. And you're really gonna mention Hellboy and Thor? The bottom line is, I don't like the multi-realm crap, and there's nothing you're going to say that's gonna change my mind. I do like the more reality-based vibe this storyline takes.

I don't give a shit about the first game fitting into the multi-realm story. It sucks regardless. I never said to take out magic; just the realms BS.

I don't give a shit about any of those movies, either. I don't care that Harry Potter is one of the biggest franchises ever. And you're really gonna mention Hellboy and Thor? The bottom line is, I don't like the multi-realm crap, and there's nothing you're going to say that's gonna change my mind. I do like the more reality-based vibe this storyline takes.

if outworld isn't fighting to take over earth realm...

then wth would they be fighting for? just curious. (Cuz that's like the center focus of MK lol)

Also there is a strong chance I'm moving to South caronlina in the next 3-5 months. We should hang if that's the case.

The problem however, is that you can't keep the 'magic' while taking away the concept of realms cause then it won't be MK. It will be no different from any generic martial arts action flick.

The problem however, is that you can't keep the 'magic' while taking away the concept of realms cause then it won't be MK. It will be no different from any generic martial arts action flick.

Not to mention, Taking the multi-realm element out wPoould be no different than making Gone With The Wind a story about race cars....what's the point? Lol

if outworld isn't fighting to take over earth realm...

then wth would they be fighting for? just curious. (Cuz that's like the center focus of MK lol)

Also there is a strong chance I'm moving to South caronlina in the next 3-5 months. We should hang if that's the case.

I guess this makes sense, but I don't really care what they fight for. To me, pretty much anything is better than the whole "realms" premise. I liked the "alt art" approach that was taken in Legacy since they tried to make it more reality-based. I also like how much darker and grotesque it was than the "genuine" MK story and atmosphere.

I guess this makes sense, but I don't really care what they fight for. To me, pretty much anything is better than the whole "realms" premise. I liked the "alt art" approach that was taken in Legacy since they tried to make it more reality-based. I also like how much darker and grotesque it was than the "genuine" MK story and atmosphere.

Yeah I don't think anyone wants the semi-corny lines/ happy-go-lucky atmosphere of the game mode storyline.

I want it realistic, but with realms/scorpion being a spectre ect ect. Like I don't want to see someone get their shins broken but somehow they can still fight like it's no big deal.

or if scorpion pierces your neck with his spear, you should die.

reptile hits you once with acid your losing some skin

ect ect.

Yeah I don't think anyone wants the semi-corny lines/ happy-go-lucky atmosphere of the game mode storyline.

I want it realistic, but with realms/scorpion being a spectre ect ect. Like I don't want to see someone get their shins broken but somehow they can still fight like it's no big deal.

ect ect.

Bingo... You can still have it be dark and gritty without unnecessary change like the Rebirth concept.

the new MK movie should be a mix of Thor, The Dark Knight and something like 300. Tancharoen already talked about the new Batman movies and it seems like he wants to do the MK movie in that way. It's also more realistic then the ancient Batman-movies. That could be cool, but if he wants to do it in Rebirth-way this movie will suck

the new MK movie should be a mix of Thor, The Dark Knight and something like 300. Tancharoen already talked about the new Batman movies and it seems like he wants to do the MK movie in that way. It's also more realistic then the ancient Batman-movies. That could be cool, but if he wants to do it in Rebirth-way this movie will suck
I would totally love a 300 type of environment for the next Mk movie. It feels right in place, in tune with the dark nature of Mk. The only realism I would like in the movie is how critical limit summed up above.

They should get the capoeira guy that played baraka in the shorts to play reptile, watch his protector fight scene and imagine a green suit on him, just perfect.

ect ect.

YES!
Exactly.
I want it to take place in a real world setting, but with lots of the fantasy elements to it.

I don't want to see Raiden as an electrician, Sub-Zero suffering from hypothermia, Baraka as a doctor gone mad, or any of that other bull-shit.

As Critical Limit said, make it realistic but call the characters what they are.
Baraka should be some ugly being with blades in his arms.
Sub-Zero should be a cyromancer with freezing powers.
Goro should have 4 arms.

You can still have it be dark and gritty without unnecessary change like the Rebirth concept.

Agreed.
The changes that were made in "Rebirth," were just that, UNNECESSARY.

Tancharoen already talked about the new Batman movies and it seems like he wants to do the MK movie in that way. It's also more realistic then the ancient Batman-movies. That could be cool, but if he wants to do it in Rebirth-way this movie will suck

I understand you . . Rebirth is cool, but making Baraka as a doctor that plastic surgeries himself is so exaggerating . .
And Reptile as a man with a skin disease that's severing the heads of his victims and eats them is kinda weird . .
And Sub Zero as a bald guy with a mechanical mask or something really sucks . .

I love the way how they added a twist of CSI in Rebirth . .

I love to see the movie in a Dark Knight style . . (you know, he is a vigilante instead of being a hero) . . But having the original essence of game . . .

B.t.w. Has anyone heard the rumor about Ryan Reynolds playing as Johnny Cage ? This rumor is bugging me . .

Not to mention if anyone remembers the Locales of MK1, you can make it LOOK completely realistic visually since the tournament of that was held on an Earth Based palace, so it being in a "realistic" setting in movie 1 wouldn't be bad as long as the story is the same and the characterizations are as well. The mysticism is brought almost entirely by the characters themselves, which is a point I Brought up before. The key is making the characters react to the supernatural in a realistic fashion as well as the proper build up to it.

Ryan reynolds as cage? Omfg no please. Where did you hear that?? Im sure no one has been cast yet except michael jai white, hes going to be jax in the movie more than 100% sure.

I'd kill myself if ryan reynolds was Johnny Cage.
I hate ryan reynolds more than the devil... goddamn, get someone good to be Cage.

Ryan reynolds as cage? Omfg no please. Where did you hear that?? Im sure no one has been cast yet except michael jai white, hes going to be jax in the movie more than 100% sure.

I heard it from two guys talking on the bus . . And days later, i saw the rumor again on youtube comments, unknown forums, etc.

I hate ryan reynolds more than the devil... goddamn, get someone good to be Cage.

haha! lol! Well he had a lil potential playing JC,.. He's kinda ****y . .

I'm 200% sure that the Reynolds rumors is BS.
lol! abbrev. cursing . . haha!

I agree.

I think Matt Mullins is currently the best Johnny Cage right now.

Who had the idea of making Ryan Reynolds or Chris Evans, or some others thinking that they can play as Johnny Cage?
I mean sure they look like it, but they don't have the personality or humor that I think Matt Mullins have.

But yeah, I also found the post on some random mortal kombat, video-game, and fighting forums lol.

Last edited: