Change of Blood

Amazing update man! Now Im officially hooked and really can't wait for the next part. The story is progressing at a good pace too, not too fast nor too slow. Awesome job! :)

The only critique I can give is regarding a few spelling and gramatical errors which Im sure you will rectify when you proof read.

I did a tiny bit of proof reading, because I'm still awake for some reason.

If you notice any other obvious mistakes let me know!

Also thanks guys, Glad you like it. I like it too so far :D.

Definitely so far one of my lesser cheesey stories. I'm worried about a few chapters in the future but we'll worry about that when I get there.

EDIT:

Sorry for no update last saturday. I can't have one this saturday either. And then with thanks giving coming up. My updates are gonna be really slow. Because I usually write these on my weekends. I got a tournament this weekend.

Don't worry I'll make it up to ya guys reading this with epicness

I dont why but it's so satisfying to experience a story though a character like Skarlet. What better than to bring us in the world of mk than through the eyes of a new character great story :D

I dont why but it's so satisfying to experience a story though a character like Skarlet. What better than to bring us in the world of mk than through the eyes of a new character great story :D

Thanks man, this is only the beginning I have a huge story board already made out. I just gotta write the actual story lol.

Thanks for the feedback, constructive criticism is alwasy welcome here so don't be shy.

EDIT: New update

Amazing update! The plot is progressing well and Hornbuckle's motives are quite intriguing. Can't wait to read more. :p

Also glad that you are continuing this. As far as Mk fanfics are concerned I love reading stories that are actually based on the already existing MK world and characters than spinoffs/Mk characters in a different setting etc.

Last edited:
Damn, I loved the 4th chapter, especially since you included Shinnok into the story. Also that is an awesome cliff hanger you left there, Im guessing its not exactly Skarlet's memories but someone else's. Still I can't imagine anyone apologising to Kung Lao for anything, even her if she was infact viewing Shao Kahn's memories, or perhaps you were refering to the great kung lao, that part definitely got me hooked :p

Eitherways this is awesome man, I can't wait for more.

Damn, I loved the 4th chapter, especially since you included Shinnok into the story. Also that is an awesome cliff hanger you left there, Im guessing its not exactly Skarlet's memories but someone else's. Still I can't imagine anyone apologising to Kung Lao for anything, even her if she was infact viewing Shao Kahn's memories, or perhaps you were refering to the great kung lao, that part definitely got me hooked :p

Eitherways this is awesome man, I can't wait for more.

you'll find out next time :D

and thanks. I'm actually already working on the next one but i need to brew it a little bit.

As soonn as I read the end I menatally shouted:

Spoiler:
Kung Lao!? The f*ck you mean Kung Lao!? WHY YOU SAY KUNG LAO!?!?!?

Damn you and your epic cliffhangers :soapbox:

Chapter 5
(Author’s Note: there may be inconsistencies in time-line manners. Do not fret, as they are on purpose because Skarlet does not know the timeline herself yet.)

Seeing Shao Khan’s face in distorted agony while I rip off his limbs, as well as other acts of gore were the only images I could see as I rushed back to the Outworld Palace. To think he was able to use me made my blood boil, and believe me when I say I got a lot of it. I was thrown into a portal Quan Chi had made, which left me just outside the Palace walls. I climbed a tree at ridiculous speeds, my eyes seeing all available footing possibilities as I made my way up. I leaped off a branch and landed on the wall, seeing a guard below me, I spared him no mercy as I dove straight into the back of his neck from above twisting my torso so I could land on my feet, while instantaneously taking the mans life.

I began to have a massive urge once I saw the tarkatan blood ooze on the floor. It was that of a person who hadn’t drank water for days… but stumbles upon some finally. I found myself kneeling down and scooping up blood off the floor and rubbing it all over myself. The feeling of satisfaction was immense, there was a void that needed filling, and I hadn’t filled it since my fight with Hornbuckle. My taste of first blood.

In my hunger, I sat there too long as other guards began to approach me with a mix of fear and anger. I forgot that Shao Khan and Reptile are the only ones who know of my original alliance. Their disturbed facial expressions only proved to be more satisfying as I scourged them with merciless killings. I felt myself getting stronger, perhaps I should kill even more to build some strength before hand. I make my way through a window, and kill the servant cleaning inside for some more blood. Everywhere I left behind looked like a crimson stream of death. Blood splattered on walls, which to me looked like works of art. The more I punish Shao Khan the better.

I run into a man with some sort of black bifocals, and is standing around shirtless. He starts to look in my direction. Perhaps a man, to feed me more power. He looks strong enough to give me a better boost than the weaklings outside. I will slice his arteries without hesitation.

“Hey there babe… you l…” He dodged. He was unsuspectingly fast. He went for a back hand to my face I answered that by ducking and twisting my ankle to not only duck his attack, but come in with a overhead axe kick once he whiffed. Before I could bring my heel down on him however he was already on the ground doing the splits when I realized his fist was flying toward my private. The pain was immeasurable, enough so that I couldn’t counter attack. Does he have no honor to punch me in such a place? I block his incoming blows, waiting for an opening from his onslaught. I find one.

I manage to get him to whiff his attack toward my face. And I grabbed a hold of his arm while I stabbed the back of his shoulder blade. I back away for a second while he recovered from the stab. I began to lick his blood from my blade to absorb it.

“That’s a little too kinky for me honey, I don’t like it that rough.” The man still lacked battle integrity despite his small failure. On the other hand though I haven’t met an English man who knows the martial arts. His behavior reminds me of…

“You do realize you’re attacking people who fight for what you and the Great Kung Lao once fought for?” him… I turn around, but then quickly remembered the English warrior, and kept him in my peripherals. “Get out of here Johnny, Raiden told you specifically to stay by his side.” this Johnny nodded, and began walking away.

“Who are you? And how do you know about me?” I ask him sternly. He pauses for a second as if searching for the right words to say. “Being blunt is just as appreciated.” I commented.

“I’m known as Hornbuckle, that is but a title given to me by comrades, my real name is Ding Xiang Lao.” my eyes widen, and I’m severely surprised, almost to the point I cannot think properly. I even forgot to keep my peripherals in check for incoming attacks.

“But… didn’t you…” I began to ask.

“Die?” He finished. “No, but I could see how you would think that as you were dying yourself when I was in a critical life threatening state. But Raiden came and saved me, just after you passed away. He was a few seconds too slow to save you.” He continued. The memories flooding my mind. “Me and you were young and stupid then, and were blinded by rage when the one you loved, The Great Kung Lao as we now call him, was killed by Goro.” I got angry again.

“Stupid? What’s so stupid about wanting to kill the man who’s called for so much suffering? The man who took everything away…?” I asked him in a ‘matter of fact’ tone.

“While you spent all these years in a slumber similar to that of a coma, which if you had died anywhere else you’d be permanently dead. But with the mentality you have now… you will surely still be defeated by Shao Khan. Don’t fight him. Apparently some how the time line is messed up, and Raiden says you didn’t exist in the previous time.. Meaning something Raiden did played a key in why Shao Khan chose to revive you. Whether or not he chose you intentionally, or you just happen to be the lucky soul to take control when he created you? I have no idea… but come with me and talk to Raiden before you throw your life away again. Killing Shao Khan won’t…”

“I KNOW THAT, I do not need you to tell me again. This is for my satisfaction.” I respond.

“At what cost Suzuka? You were about to kill a innocent man to gain power? How are you any different from Shao Khan now?” I flustered in anger, and it was solely because he had a point. But the anger wasn’t entirely at the point he made, it was the fact that he just compared me to Shao Khan. “I let your killing intent slide earlier because I know you weren’t in your normal state of mind, and that you were being controlled by Shao Khan. I wasn’t sure if it was you at first, until I saw your eyes when Raiden held you over the edge. I aided in you finding Quan Chi because I knew he would open your mind to attack Shao Khan, and to do that he would need to restore your memories. Now that you have them, you had no excuses for attacking Johnny Cage like that.” His words make sense to me but something in my blood is telling me…

Kill Shao Khan… Kill Shao Khan… Kill Shao Khan…

The non-stop urge and message telling me to kill him is so strong. I almost want to stab DingXiang just so I can fill this void.

“Get out of my way Ding Xiang… If you won’t help me avenge your brothers death, I don’t mind dying twice to see Khan’s face in the dirt.”

“Do you think Kung Lao would want to see you do that to yourself?” He asked me.

“Don’t try to use that against me, I can’t sit back and pretend he didn’t die…” I resonded.

“Once you were getting back your memories, they feel fresh, you feel exactly as you did when you died. Time heals everything Skarlet I should say.” He called me by my code name givin to me by Khan.”

“How much time has passed?” I asked.

“Enough time that I should be dead, but that’s a story for another time.” I was still pissed. I ignored him, and made my way toward the door. I having the lead, closed and locked it behind me. Nothing will stop me from my revenge.

Not bad... Not bad at all....
looking forward to what happens next.
P.S grammer is not as bad as u say. probably cause my grammer sucks more. but you know how it is.