All things Tanya! - Official Diskussion Thread

Re: Tanya's Design Compared to Older Designs.

Does Tanya now have a large fan base than Jade?

open google
go to images
type in: mortal kombat cosplay or mortal kombat female

answer: no. people are still whining about jade not being in. some even refused to buy the game.

At one point I liked both of them, with Jade being one of my faves. Now I couldn't care less if they're in or not. Both of them while having good designs in the past are still shallow as a puddle of cat piss. They had their time to shine, and failed miserably. Irrelevant and completely replaceable, latest case in point is MKX.

Did I mention that Tanya's MKX design is flat out terrible?

Jade and Tanya may have been played by white voice actress sometimes, but Jade and Tanya in game character were still black. Both were really dark skinned with bigger lips and noses then everyone else in the game.

Last edited:

Tanya does have darker skin than most other characters. A lot of people agree, and therefore complained to NRS. The problem was resolved and people are happy now. Case closed. Burnt down. Incinerated. Moving on.

Clearly it's important to some people. There's no need to be snide. It's only been a few days since the model was changed, and this is literally a post about Tanya's character model. Why shouldn't it be a topic of conversation?

If you read to the end of the paragraph, literally two more sentences, you'll see my point:

"Jade was a tan white woman in the Trilogy games (literally, a digitized white actress with a Photoshop spray tan) and was not reimagined as a black woman until the 3D era. I loved Jade's 3D era redesign, of course, but a lot of people had already imprinted on Tanya by then as 'the black woman in MK'. "

Jade in MK2 and UMK3 was played by white actresses (Katalin Zamiar and Becky Gable) and the sprites were palette swapped by the art team. This is where a lot of people's 'she's not black, she's just tan' argument comes from that persists to this day. Her official confirmation as a black character was her 3D era look in Deception, where she had darker skin and black facial features.

We went over this already as well, yes. I meant it was a 'ninja costume' like the ones Mileena, Kitana and Jade wear, not that it was literally a leotard.

You really don't have to be so rude.

You could also argue that Jade had white skin in some of the MK2 versions...
MK2-Jade2.gif

There was fan art on DeviantArt years and years ago, around the time of MK:2011, and it featured Tanya with a spiked Mohawk. I thought it looked pretty cool. If I can find it, I'll upload it in a bit. Would be cool to see her rock some different hair in an alternate costume.

I'm going to look for that fan art in a second but I just wanted to upload this real quick because I love it:

tanya_mk4_stance_by_simony17y-d5hnd6r.jpg

No Tanya has ever been THIS black. :laugh:
Interesting idea though. I'm not sure I'd like it for her to have this in-game seeing as she's not an MK1-3 character though.

Skarlet had one in the Vita version of MK9. I think it'd be cute to have a Klassic MK2 Tanya to go with the Kitana and Mileena skins. (I'd rather have an MK4 or Deception Klassic Tanya though, I suppose.)

Skarlet had one in the Vita version of MK9. I think it'd be cute to have a Klassic MK2 Tanya to go with the Kitana and Mileena skins. (I'd rather have an MK4 or Deception Klassic Tanya though, I suppose.)

Skarlet had one because her rumor originated from MK2.

Skarlet had one because her rumor originated from MK2.

Sure, but they gave her a UMK3 one too. It was just cute to have her matching the others.

On the subject of fanart, my favorite Tanya fanart is this one:
tanya_mortal_kombat_x___gif_by_sugarhilton-d8pswtx.jpg

I'm working on a sig image with all the Edenian gals that'll incorporate it.