4th DLC Character Discussion: Freddy Krueger~ ALL FREDDY DISCUSSION GOES HERE

Are you getting Freddy Krueger?

• Total voters
Its the difference between the analogy making sense and it not making sense. I mean...he is prejudice against freddy in the way someone would be prejudice in my analogy...but when its about a individual not a race...I think its just called not liking the person. He just has a very overly constructed/snooty way to phrase his dislike as if he were one of those golf patrons. Which I found amusing.

So now I sound snooty and aloof? Why? Because I articulate things slightly better than most do? I don't exactly think I have perfect grammar or spelling, I just write the way I write. I am really just trying to be respectful of other people's tastes and I don't want to start any arguments about the validity of Freddy in an MK game. I said that I realize that I may have to verse him in online matches, I even said I didn't mind of Barney the Dinosaur was in my select menu. So if that makes me snooty, aloof and deserving of tongue in cheek prejudiced analogies then perhaps it's our generation gap or something because I don't understand how you can misunderstand me. And your analogy, while kinds humorous, is flawed. I just want to remove freddy from MY game. I don't care if I see him online, I don't care if he's on my select screen, I just want him removed from the arcade ladder. This marvelous fan service of a game goes back to the original aesthetic and design of the first MK games, the glory years, the attention to detail in refurbishing the MK series from my childhood is beautiful and in my mind seeing Freddy Kreuger suddenly pop up in a match ruins this effort.

quitgettinmad.png

There's one thing that would solve the problem of Freddy showing up in Arcade, but NRS didn't give it to us: 1 player vs CPU mode.

That would solve the problem. In that mode, you'd be able to pick your opponent, your stage, set the rules the way you'd want it, and you'd NEVER have to face a foe you don't like. They gave us that mode in 2 player, why not one player?

A lot of people said that mode wasn't necessary. I guess a lot of them are putting their feet into their mouths now.

There's one thing that would solve the problem of Freddy showing up in Arcade, but NRS didn't give it to us: 1 player vs CPU mode.

That would solve the problem. In that mode, you'd be able to pick your opponent, your stage, set the rules the way you'd want it, and you'd NEVER have to face a foe you don't like. They gave us that mode in 2 player, why not one player?

A lot of people said that mode wasn't necessary. I guess a lot of them are putting their feet into their mouths now.

I agree that MK9 needs a 1PvsCPU mode, but that's not a solution for this problem. With no bosses as opponents and no character endings, it's not a like-for-like replacement for ladder mode.

As I mentioned earlier, a "Choose your oppenents" option inside ladder mode (like there was in MKvsDC) is an actual solution.

Vs CPU is #1 in my DLC list.

If I had the choice between choosing a new DLC character, and VS CPU, I'd still go with VS CPU.

NRS let tradition get in the way of the smart idea
just because VS CPU wasnt in the old games, that doesnt mean they should have left it out. Its 2011 and leaving something out like that because it's "traditon" not to have one, is stupid IMO

Aw the ickle Fweddy fans still getting mad that some people just don't dig him and raging against anyone who dares say so by accusing them of being snotty, childish & racist (that part was a ridiculous analogy)!? Just because someone uses 'grown-up' words and proper grammar does not mean they think they are superior, it can mean that, sometimes people do use larger than neccessary words to confound and befuddle the ignorant, but it also just might mean they are crediting these forum lurkers with more intellect than they can cope with.

ShadowArtiste, I was actually thinking about what you said about internet rudeness the other day, sort of in connection with the London shenanigans. Obviously, I'm on this forum and I play games a lot online, so I'm down with tech, but I do wonder if it has enabled people to be ruder to each other on a day to day basis and whether this effects other aspects of their life. The internet greatly enhances our ability to communicate and express our views to a much wider audience, but has it also taken away (a certain level) of our ability to actually interact in a civil way? (see my aw ickle kids statement above for an example).

Freddy fans are like religious people, you cant argue with them, all they do is say or add a meme saying "Haters gonna hate", like if that would prove them right...

EDITED because im a jerk. Sorry =/

Last edited:
Freddy fans are like sick religious people, you cant argue with them, all they do is say or add a meme saying "Hater gonna hate", like if that would prove them right...

With respect, comments like the part I put in bold do not help. You don't answer an argument by insulting the person/people you're arguing with.

With respect, comments like the part I put in bold do not help. You don't answer an argument by insulting the person/people you're arguing with.

I didnt want to insult I just wanted to compare, now I read it again it sounds a bit rude. =/

Skip the "sick" part and you get my point.

I would do anything just to get VS CPU. Anyways if we don't get it there's always practice mode where you can fight the CPU
Spoiler:
but no fatalitites :'(

I don't think that was a joke.

Spider-Man really does have cancer.
You don't just get bitten by a experimental radioactive spider without consequences.

Kabuki - 1

Fox - 0

:reddy:

why the f**k is he drinking medicine with a straw? i'm sorry i never watched spiderman as a kid for me it was all about batman and mk defenders of the realm

I think cancer jokes are more a "dick move" than saying "sick religious people", believe me, I know what Im talking about.

Please I dont want to start arguing, I think you are cool guy Kabuki and I love your unlimited memes source lol, I know I seem to be a soulless jerk but I dont want to argue.

Cancer jokes are funny to those who've not had the extreme misfortune of losing a close loved one to cancer. When I was 12 I sat with my dad as he breathed his last breath, succumbing to a 2 year battle with a cancer. It was in his neck and at one point his artery ruptured and painted our bathroom red. I walked through his blood. Cancer jokes, retard jokes, incest and rape jokes ... yeah, they're bad taste. Despite the fact that I'm 31 with my own kids the grief can still sometimes overwhelm me.