new(ish) mk9 concept art.

nomad

i found this interesting, thought you guys might too,
remember those rad mk9 concept costume drawings that
have been floating around? i only ever saw sonya,raiden,scorp,and kano,
but i have just found some more!,
(dont know if this has already ben posted,..couldnt see it)
here's the link for the article with pictures!

http://www.mortalkombatonline.com/content/News/read.cds?article=1555

heres an excerpt.

Ex-Midway designer, Vincent Proce, has released another collection of concept art featuring new Mortal Kombat 9 character-designs for Reptile, Johnny Cage, Cyrax, Mileena, Nightwolf and Sub-Zero. We now know that he has working in the new MK game before he left the company. From his blog:

"It's been a long time since I posted and the MK fans out there have been asking to see some of the concept art that I did for MK9.

I was only asked to do a few and with some very specific direction, but I also took the liberty of presenting a few concepts more to suit my own taste, hoping they would want to take the game in that direction.

The first three concepts I did (Reptile, Johnny Cage and Cryax) I had no interaction with the team and are the ones in which I branched out on my own.

I had just rolled off of another project and moved right to MK9 and these were the first pieces I showed to the guys. The first version of Cryax had a face that Ed Boon pointed out to look like Howard the Duck (he was right it did have the shape of Howard the Duck) so I changed that, but that was all I changed."

I remember those first four for Kano, Scorpion, Raiden and Sub-Zero. They were pretty kool. As for his new ones, I only really like the Mileena one, and the Nightwolf one. The ninjas look really weird and Johnny Cage is not a boxer.

Vincent Proce is a skilled artist, no doubt. However, the designs are hit or miss for me. His depictions of Cyrax and Scorpion are my favorites. On the the other hand, all those extra stuff (gauntlets, shoulder guard, etc) on Sonya seems more distracting than adding anything to the design.

Last edited:
below are images
sub-zero-art.jpg

nightwolf.jpg

cyrax-art.jpg

cage-art.jpg

mileena-art.jpg

Holy crap these are amazing, and sonya....WOW. I think these outfits give them all so much personality, I freakin love it!

Seen the Raiden one ages ago, and I love it <3, but the outfit makes his legs look short.

nightwolf looks intense... HOLY S***. raiden also looks really awesome, they actually make him look some what scary, lol. mileena's heels look really painful, kano and reptile are my favorite and sub zero looks like an absolute beast with that design.

once again, more concept are that is superior to the final version

except johnny cage. Hate his face here, but the sunglasses would make it slightly better though