Doom (game)

well I finally had a chance to play the multiplayer beta. it was great! and I don't find it too slow. I liked playing as a revenant. I cant wait for May 13th.

Holy FAK! I played for 1 hour..... N I G G A z aint playing games eh?? People are already HARDCORE in this game!!! And its just a beta... lol... i will master story mode and THEN i will be a pro at DOOM online :)

ya! it was insane! do you think you will be able to become a cyberdemon on multiplayer?

I hope theres different weapon changing controls in single player. id like to go back a weapon lol.

Im busy with uncharted 4 at the moment but I'm definitely looking to pick up doom later! I don't see the point of rushing through one game to play another . I only hope bethesda gave doom's campaign as much love as Wolfenstien's the new order. I'm cautiously optimistic.

Uncharted 4 is so fun right now. I have until midnight on thursday to complete it... because thats when DOOM comes out! Yayyy!!! :)

my thumb is feeling a bit better. i should be able to play Doom on friday. im not even going to get uncharted for a while.

I dunno know how close I am towards the ending, but I'm in the Lazarus Labs and this one part is pissing me off.

You have to battle a sworm of possessed soldiers and two pinkys, then once they're all done, four more pinkys are summoned and several imps.

I. Fvcking. Hate. The. Imps. They have such accurate throws.

But otherwise, the game is fvcking epic.

I dunno know how close I am towards the ending, but I'm in the Lazarus Labs and this one part is pissing me off.

You have to battle a sworm of possessed soldiers and two pinkys, then once they're all done, four more pinkys are summoned and several imps.

I. Fvcking. Hate. The. Imps. They have such accurate throws.

But otherwise, the game is fvcking epic.

Best shooter I have ever played.... EVER! Just finished it yesterday, got all secrets and everything unlocked, all mods, everything! honestly though, i played around 23 hours to get everything! These levels are feekin HUGE! I swear, they better make a story mode DLC adding another 6 + levels. 13 levels just isnt enough

:p

Seriously though.... Fvck those Imps.

They're Jake Arrieta good with their throws. I hate them. I hate them so much.

Doom is a damn good game!! I think its the best ps4 game yet. im not finding much problems with the imps. they are crazy with their fireballs though. the monsters i hate are those guys with the shields. im only on like level 6 or 7. ive had to work lots the last few days. but ill play lots on thursday and friday for sure. i havent seen any pinkies or cacodemons yet. grrr!!

if i replay a level to get secrets and stuff that i missed will i be able to continue where i left off in mid level and have the other upgrade points i got when i replayed a level? oh and i tried to go to snapmap or whatever its called and its asking me if i want to restart doom in snapmap mode. does that mean i'll lose my progress in campaign??

if i replay a level to get secrets and stuff that i missed will i be able to continue where i left off in mid level and have the other upgrade points i got when i replayed a level? oh and i tried to go to snapmap or whatever its called and its asking me if i want to restart doom in snapmap mode. does that mean i'll lose my progress in campaign??

You wont lose your progress with campaign if you start snapmap. Its just basically telling u the game will restart in that mode... you wont lose your progress. I Havent tried snap map yet... im sure that when you probably exit snapmap it will tell you its going to restart aswell....

If you havent finished the single player campaign and you would like to go back and finish collecting items and find secrets from previous levels you can do so. You WONT lose your place in campaign. Just press "Continue" and you will be right back where you left off mid-level with all your upgrades and mods, etc. Whats interesting is that when you replay a mission, the things you unlocked the first time around, remain unlocked! Its freekin GREAT! Love this game. The music alone is just UNREAL!!!! It really makes this game a hit! You know, its rare to find a game that has this much replay value!

Thank you ID Software!

Pinkys are really tough.. haha they even have invisible ones like in the original doom. And i hate those damn monsters with the blue shields tooo... urgggg. Lol. The only suggestion I have is that they allow you to mark points on the map. Oh speeking of which.... moving around in the map in 360 view is SUPERB!

Oh wait never mind..... I still have yet to do the final unlock for each weapon.... and i forgot 2 secrets in 2 different levels... ahhhhh! Time to play again! Whoot whoot! Best $72 i have EVER spent on a game. Worth every penny

Last edited:
i tried that snapmap thing last night for a few minutes before i went to work. it was quite awesome. i just hope theres a way to put cyberdemons in your levels you make. cant remember if i saw summoners in there. im so glad they made a summoner monster in this game, its much better than ruining the arch vile the way they did in Doom 3.

theres probably only one thing bothering me. its not a huge deal but when you kill bad guys their bodies disappear. i liked on the old Doom games when i could look at all the dead monsters.

i tried that snapmap thing last night for a few minutes before i went to work. it was quite awesome. i just hope theres a way to put cyberdemons in your levels you make. cant remember if i saw summoners in there. im so glad they made a summoner monster in this game, its much better than ruining the arch vile the way they did in Doom 3.

theres probably only one thing bothering me. its not a huge deal but when you kill bad guys their bodies disappear. i liked on the old Doom games when i could look at all the dead monsters.

I actually kind of like it when the body burns away :) you can even continue to blast chunks out of the body before it burns away. Haha. Love it.

On a side note, I almost got the platinum trophy for PS4 Doom :)

was there something like a comic or something online that i missed or is it story related? like why is the Doom guy locked up on that table at the beginning? you start the game and hes just there. i dont remember any explaination for that. although im only on level 6 i think.

was there something like a comic or something online that i missed or is it story related? like why is the Doom guy locked up on that table at the beginning? you start the game and hes just there. i dont remember any explaination for that. although im only on level 6 i think.

Im gonna play it again on Ultra Nightmare tonight. Ill pay more attention then. Haha. You can probably read about it from the data logs... i cant wait for the story mode DLC. Theres a trophy you get when you beat the final boss, its called "Whos Next?" So you know there will be another bunch of new maps coming. Whoot whooot

It is explained in game, through logs and holograms. But if you want a short version or just have difficulty of understanding (as it can be confusing to some people)

Spoiler:
Doom guy is a so called "Doomslayer" who comes from this badass order of Knights. He might also be the original Doom Guy.

The reason why he was sealed in that coffin is, because "Doomslayer" only gets called out, when there is Hell on the loose. They are like failsafe, which protects Humanity and other life from Demons.

And that is the reason why you woke up in that coffin. You were called to stop Hell invasion and kill all demonic lifeforms which came in your way.

While didn't like MP at all, SP exceeded all of my expectations.