Xbox 360/PS3 versions of MKX cancelled

Would it be a little different had Netherrealm/Warner Brothers never made an announcement claiming that they were going to try to make this game for past gen?

Absolutely. The announcement of it coming to last gen is what held many users here off from next gen. They didn't need to invest because their favorite game was still coming to a console they had. But now that the news has dropped that it's cancelled, these fans are now months behind in saving for a next gen console because they didn't think they had to save for one in the first place.

Absolutely. The announcement of it coming to last gen is what held many users here off from next gen. They didn't need to invest because their favorite game was still coming to a console they had. But now that the news has dropped that it's cancelled, these fans are now months behind in saving for a next gen console because they didn't think they had to save for one in the first place.

That's moreso their own fault. Besides Blops 3 and Metal Gear, I don't see any other big games getting last gen ports. Blops still has last gen support because CoD still has children with parents who won't buy them a new console. MGSV has been in development for 5 years or so and Japanese culture is generally more honorable than American, so they didn't go back on the promise of last gen releases.

Begun, meaning it's going to get worse...There's always going to be an 'Us Vs Them' thing no matter the site. What I see in these tweets which is growing by the hour are genuinely hurt & pissed off people whether they are outnumbered or not. Give it more time, the numbers will grow. Like I said, it has only just begun.

Anyone remember the DRM controversy involving the XBone?

Microsoft said at the time that there was already a product for people without broadband internet (such as rural areas, where broadband internet has been known even in recent years to not be served), and it was the XBox 360. Would ANY of you upgraded if those DRM policies came to fruition on either (or worst case scenario, BOTH) of the new consoles? I sure as hell would've upgraded to the Wii U if that was the case. THEN how would you have felt about MKX being cancelled on previous generation consoles?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

Wow, looks like Ed is only going to take the heat on his page. As both the WB and Mortal Kombat page have Deleted All Negative Reactions so far...if he deletes that tweet, that's a huge FU to Last Gen owners. If they Never announced it in the first place and were straight up honest rather than leading on and deceiving fans we wouldn't be in This position in the first place. There has to be some form of accountability.

The stream tomorrow will be an effort to divert, cover up and ultimately forget Last Gen users. I hope more people will speak up and make some noise. Let's just hope NRS have some form of honour...

Wow, looks like Ed is only going to take the heat on his page. As both the WB and Mortal Kombat page have Deleted All Negative Reactions so far...if he deletes that tweet, that's a huge FU to Last Gen owners. If they Never announced it in the first place and were straight up honest rather than leading on and deceiving fans we wouldn't be in This position in the first place. There has to be some form of accountability.

The stream tomorrow will be an effort to divert, cover up and ultimately forget Last Gen users. I hope more people will speak up and make some noise. Let's just hope NRS have some form of honour...

Do you not understand that NRS has bosses? Even if they wanted to try a last gen port themselves, they can't just up and say "Fukk you WB, you billion dollar company. We're doing what we want" WB has them on a schedule, there is literally nothing they can do about this situation.

As for "Leading on and deceiving", you are definitely overreacting here. It isn't like they announced it to intentionally tease you. They thought it was possible, turns out it isn't.

Anyone remember the DRM controversy involving the XBone?

Microsoft said at the time that there was already a product for people without broadband internet (such as rural areas, where broadband internet has been known even in recent years to not be served), and it was the XBox 360. Would ANY of you upgraded if those DRM policies came to fruition on either (or worst case scenario, BOTH) of the new consoles? I sure as hell would've upgraded to the Wii U if that was the case. THEN how would you have felt about MKX being cancelled on previous generation consoles?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

An online only DRM is not as bad as new gen only games... I really don't see how you can make that comparison. Dropping last gen games is way different than pulling a 180 on DRM policy due to a HUGE disapproval by fans. The number of people who want last gen games barely stacks up to the backlash M$ got from DRM.

I do understand that NRS have bosses but I don't for one second believe 'it's not possible' to do a downgraded version at all. WB are content with PS4, XB1 and Mobile Sales only (Mobile being the real cashcow) and said F*** It. As for leading on 'clearly they did' - https://twitter.com/noobde/status/630440890914353153 "Funny :) Update Coming Soon" and that in itself is deceiving.

You know what would be a Respectful move Now, would be for NRS to delete the 'Brazil Pack' making it unavailable to download. That would at least show some form of sincerity.

Anyway, seems I'm just beating a dead horse and things are falling on deaf ears, I have the same 5 people here constantly contesting me and other Last Gen Owners. I really hope that both WB & NRS will take more accountability with how they treated Last Gen Users. It is Disrespectful plain and simple.

I do understand that NRS have bosses but I don't for one second believe 'it's not possible' to do a downgraded version at all. WB are content with PS4, XB1 and Mobile Sales only (Mobile being the real cashcow) and said F*** It. As for leading on 'clearly they did' - https://twitter.com/noobde/status/630440890914353153 "Funny :) Update Coming Soon" and that in itself is deceiving.

Have you seen Batman Arkham Origins? Or the PC release of Arkham Knight? If the last gen version of MKX couldn't even hit those abysmal standards, then the game must have been damn near unplayable. WB took a big gulp when they finally axed it, they aren't afraid of releasing shit ports.

And Ed Boon wasn't lying when he said that. An update did come relatively soon. Though it wasn't a pleasant update.

You know what would be a Respectful move Now, would be for NRS to delete the 'Brazil Pack' making it unavailable to download. That would at least show some form of sincerity.

I don't understand this. How does that show any sincerity? PS4's may be hard to get in Brazil, but it doesn't mean they're extinct there.

Exactly, They're Hard to get.

So I guess the Brazil Pack to tribute South American Fans is for the 'Rich Only' Not the Majority which is a big FU no matter how you spin it. So yeah removing it would show just a little respect and sincerity.

You're delusional lol.

I'm not going to escalate this further. I still want to enjoy and discuss the other MK topics this forum has to offer. I stand by the calling out of the Bullshit treatment that Last Gen users have received, they deserve better, simple as that.

Again I hope there is some form of accountability from WB & NRS than the 'Piss Weak' Statement that was released on their forum but it seems as if NRS & WB have washed their hands of this already.

As well they should have. They tried, and failed. There is nothing more that can be done. Bring out KP2 baby
turbonaughtdy_1.gif

Hm.... well I guess I won't be getting MKX any time soon. Not that I'm too broken up about it. So many other things going on in my life right now. Hell I haven't even used my PS3 that much since I got it.

While I'm here... Hey guys... don't forget... Mortal Fantasy Football Kombat begins next week. Draft day is a week from today... that's Monday... Labor Day in the US. Click the link in my sig for more info. We need three more players. Thanks.

I honestly didn't even know that this was a thing. It seems to be an obscure project from the get go. xbox 360 and ps3 users will have to be ok with mk9 from this point onward.

Anyway, seems I'm just beating a dead horse and things are falling on deaf ears, I have the same 5 people here constantly contesting me and other Last Gen Owners. I really hope that both WB & NRS will take more accountability with how they treated Last Gen Users. It is Disrespectful plain and simple.

It's not disrespectful. It was an unfortunate decision that had to be made. They aren't throwing feces at you or calling you out for not being able to purchase a current gen system. This sh** happens all the time. It's part of the console transition.

Not only that, buy it's also business. If they don't think it will be profitable they won't do it. It's that simple.

And before any of you go ncrying "greed," think for a moment. If they lose massive amounts of money on a project, that hurts their financial position. If their financial position is hurt, that jeopardizes their ability to keep doing business. If they can't keep doing business, then you don't get any more games from them. Is that what you want? Some of you guys really need to learn some things about the way the world works.