Final Fantasy VII remake confirmed!

Sony knew this was happening for a year already. It explains why the guy was laughing so hard when he announced the port of the PC version.

So hype--I do hope they take their sweet time in developing this game.

Lawd at the backlash I can expect already though. With a game of this caliber, I hope SE realizes they are not even going to come close to pleasing everyone.

So hype--I do hope they take their sweet time in developing this game.

Lawd at the backlash I can expect already though. With a game of this caliber, I hope SE realizes they are not even going to come close to pleasing everyone.
During the reveal trailer (when Baret and Cloud are walking together) the narrator says ''The reunion may bring joy it may bring fear but let us embrace whatever it brings for they are coming back.'' I believe that was Square's way of saying ''We know you're worried but give us one last chance!''. That tugged at my heart strings. You got me Square Enix don't screw it up.

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/06/2...-more-realistic-but-wont-have-new-characters/

Nomura's words are very vague, but it seems to suggest some kind of system change. After getting exposed to other RPGs, I honestly won't miss FF7's combat system all that much.

I concur.

That would be the most boring thing. It's quite outdated. I just hope it's innovative, and THEY TAKE THEIR TIME to test it out. I cannot stress that enough. I do not want them to feel like they have to rush anything in this game.

I concur.

That would be the most boring thing. It's quite outdated. I just hope it's innovative, and THEY TAKE THEIR TIME to test it out. I cannot stress that enough. I do not want them to feel like they have to rush anything in this game.

Turn-based/ATB combat systems are viable, but I felt FF7 lacked a few qualities to make them more interesting. I'm surprised never tried to replicate a system similar to Chrono Trigger, one of their most successful titles outside the FF franchise. That being said, there are people want to keep the FF7 gameplay intact for some reason.

To Square's credit they have bee trying to experiment or tweak their combat system, but results are mixed bag, in my opinion.

grrr!!!! I want a ff 6-2 or remake.

Nomura has stated an interest in remaking another past FF games, but until the FF7 remake is finished, I would take what he says with a grain of salt.

Last edited:
Because it wouldn't be FF7 without it, simple as that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

Considering a port for the original FF7 is being released for the PS4, this is not much of a point of releasing an old game with fresh coat of paint. Although I like my share of retro games, and they can co-exist with modern remakes. In my opinion, Tomb Raider Anniversary was improvement over the original in most respects. It combined the exploration and puzzle-solving of the original, with more intuitive controls; my only gripe is the inclusion of quick time events. Back to FF7, combat didn't offer much in the way of tactical options. The fact the the party members don't any unique abilities besides limit breaks and weapon selection didn't help things either.

Considering a port for the original FF7 is being released for the PS4, this is not much of a point of releasing an old game with fresh coat of paint. Although I like my share of retro games, and they can co-exist with modern remakes. In my opinion, Tomb Raider Anniversary was improvement over the original in most respects. It combined the exploration and puzzle-solving of the original, with more intuitive controls; my only gripe is the inclusion of quick time events. Back to FF7, combat didn't offer much in the way of tactical options. The fact the the party members don't any unique abilities besides limit breaks and weapon selection didn't help things either.

If it's not faithful to the original, it's not FF7.

Well Re:FF7 will still be FF7 whether you like it or not.
What among Square Enix's products since the merger makes you think ANYTHING made by them since then can be better than the original FF7? Please do tell, because I have yet to see it.

What among Square Enix's products since the merger makes you think ANYTHING made by them since then can be better than the original FF7? Please do tell, because I have yet to see it.

I was just pointing out that the game will still be FF7.

I was just pointing out that the game will still be FF7.

We need to let it go because Square is no longer the company they once where. This remake isn't for those of us who played the original. I expect a very different game hiding underneath the FF7 name. I only hope it's a good game. Look at this way._..._when NRS said they where rebooting mortal kombat and returning to their roots of the first 3 games. People had very mixed emotions after the abysmal mk vs dc game and the closing of midway. When warner purchased the rights to mk and nrs showed off mk9 for the first time many mk purest hated it. Mk9 didn't have real actor sprites or the announcer of the original games. The game didn't have the same combos nor the fast gameplay of ultimate mk3. Some characters where missing or completely changed. It was it's own thing yet fans embraced it. NRS knew that in order for mk to survive their game needed to evolve IMO square enix knows as well you can't survive on nostalgia alone.

Last edited:
We need to let it go because Square is no longer the company they once where. This remake isn't for those of us who played the original. I exspect a very different game hiding underneath the FF7 name. I only hope it's a good game.
The remakes of the first 6 still have the same gameplay, the same maps, and the same story. Why can't FF7's remake?

No, let me take a step further...why can't the FF7 remake be canon like the original?

The remakes of the first 6 still have the same gameplay, the same maps, and the same story. Why can't FF7's remake?

No, let me take a step further...why can't the FF7 remake be canon like the original?

A: Different times
B: There is a thing called progress. Change. Moving forward.
C: REMAKE is not synonym to a COPY. The very graphics show that already.
The remakes of the first 6 still have the same gameplay, the same maps, and the same story.

D: Last time I checked the only thing they remade was by making it not so pixelated.
E: They did the same to Final Fantasy 7 btw. You can get in on Steam and PS4. (I still remember that announcement and how disappointed everyone was)
F: Final Fantasy 15 gameplay and especially combat have received insanely good feedback. I wouldn't be surprised if they implemented that in FF7. Hell FF15 might have been just "testing the waters". To see if people like such approach to the combat system.
G: The current tech can help creators achieve something what they couldn't achieve back then, due technological restrictions. I mean we already saw how awesome combat is in Advent Children and Crisis Core. I want that kind of combat or at least something close to that. They could show the world, how it was meant to look.
H: Once again. Game won't be the same as older FF7. Nostalgia is important, but progress is also required. And just because someone doesn't like changes it won't change the fact that it is Final Fantasy 7. That fact is established by the most absolute supreme authority. It's creators. If they were to decide to make Cloud into female instead of male, they still could claim it is Final Fantasy 7. They made this world. They are the law here. They can rework world in any way they want, and I believe there will be some major changes, (but for the worst or for the good, that still will be need to be seen.) but at the end of the day they can still call it Final Fantasy 7 and that will be a fact.
In short I know you still gonna claim your stuff, like that laughable argument which you try to pass of as a fact "it is not THAT, if it doesn't look the same!". And I am writing this not in trying to stop you (that would be a waste of time), but just to remind you, what that argument of yours is worth jack of $h*t.

I can't wait for new Final Fantasy 7. And I hope that this new generation Final Fantasy 7 will have a more open combat (while it was nice, I still would prefer not to have turn based combat this time), open world (not just outside the city, but inside as well).
But that is again just my wishes for the game. For now I can just sit and wait.

Last edited:
A: Different times
B: There is a thing called progress. Change. Moving forward.
C: REMAKE is not synonym to a COPY. The very graphics show that already.

D: Last time I checked the only thing they remade was by making it not so pixelated.
E: They did the same to Final Fantasy 7 btw. You can get in on Steam and PS4. (I still remember that announcement and how disappointed everyone was)
F: Final Fantasy 15 gameplay and especially combat have received insanely good feedback. I wouldn't be surprised if they implemented that in FF7. Hell FF15 might have been just "testing the waters". To see if people like such approach to the combat system.
G: The current tech can help creators achieve something what they couldn't achieve back then, due technological restrictions. I mean we already saw how awesome combat is in Advent Children and Crisis Core. I want that kind of combat or at least something close to that. They could show the world, how it was meant to look.
H: Once again. Game won't be the same as older FF7. Nostalgia is important, but progress is also required. And just because someone doesn't like changes it won't change the fact that it is Final Fantasy 7. That fact is established by the most absolute supreme authority. It's creators. If they were to decide to make Cloud into female instead of male, they still could claim it is Final Fantasy 7. They made this world. They are the law here. They can rework world in any way they want, and I believe there will be some major changes, (but for the worst or for the good, that still will be need to be seen.) but at the end of the day they can still call it Final Fantasy 7 and that will be a fact.
In short I know you still gonna claim your stuff, like that laughable argument which you try to pass of as a fact "it is not THAT, if it doesn't look the same!". And I am writing this not in trying to stop you (that would be a waste of time), but just to remind you, what that argument of yours is worth jack of $h*t.

I can't wait for new Final Fantasy 7. And I hope that this new generation Final Fantasy 7 will have a more open combat (while it was nice, I still would prefer not to have turn based combat this time), open world (not just outside the city, but inside as well).
But that is again just my wishes for the game. For now I can just sit and wait.

Remakes that are NOT 100% faithful to the original have no right to exist, PERIOD.

And you wouldn't want an MKII remake without a Block Button, would you? And look at what fans are doing about a Metroid game without Samus Aran...THAT'S why you leave defining features intact at ALL times

Last edited:
Remakes that are NOT 100% faithful to the original have no right to exist, PERIOD.

And you wouldn't want an MKII remake without a Block Button, would you? And look at what fans are doing about a Metroid game without Samus Aran...THAT'S why you leave defining features intact at ALL times

And you wouldn't want an MKII remake without a Block Button, would you?

Oh no. Damn I guess it would be hard for me to simply adapt to other controls. It's not like SF4 doesn't have block button. What a tragedy!

And look at what fans are doing about a Metroid game without Samus Aran...THAT'S why you leave defining features intact at ALL times

Oh no people crying about which hasn't been released yet. Catastrophy. It's not like that HAPPENED EVERY TIME A DRASTIC CHANGE WAS DONE FOR THE SAKE OF PROGRESS.

Nah thanks, I love seeing progress or at least some sort of attempts at it. If people like to cry more, than just wait and try... well nature always finds a way how to make sure that things, that fail to adapt to changes or simply progress, disappear.

I can't describe, just how happy I am, that you have nothing to do with games like FF7 development. No.. actually better, that have nothing to do with anything that is related to "changing, progress, evolution".