Should Mortal Kombat 4 Arcade release on PSN and Live Marketplace?

Wow...i thought i was one of the very select few that liked MK4, didn't know there were that many fans of that game, i always liked the MK3-MK4 gameplay best, with the run+combo thing...

I LOVED MK4, but honestly I'd prefer a Shaolin Monks HD remaster.
Might as well, since remasters are all the rage these days.

Very unlikely to happen, though. If you want a proper high quality remaster of an old game then it's a lot of work, and essentially requires the resources of a brand new game, and especially if you're going to re-do something fairly ambitious like Shaolin Monks, which would require a fair amount of dev time to bring up to 2015 standards.

It's a shame that Mortal Kombat HD project never came to fruition...

Remember, there are remakes, and then there are remakes, i.e. Homeworld Remastered.

Very unlikely to happen, though. If you want a proper high quality remaster of an old game then it's a lot of work, and essentially requires the resources of a brand new game, and especially if you're going to re-do something fairly ambitious like Shaolin Monks, which would require a fair amount of dev time to bring up to 2015 standards.

Remember, there are remakes, and then there are remakes, i.e. Homeworld Remastered.

Agreed.
That said, though, lots of remasters today (like the Uncharted: Nathan Drake Collection) are being done by studios that specialize in remasters, and not the original studio themselves.
A remaster by another studio could still be good, if done properly, imo.

I'd actually rather get a MK Gold remaster - you know, same way it's always UMK3 being re-released instead of vanilla MK3.

As for Shaolin Monks HD, count me in. That game was - and is - fantastic.

I'd actually rather get a MK Gold remaster - you know, same way it's always UMK3 being re-released instead of vanilla MK3.

As for Shaolin Monks HD, count me in. That game was - and is - fantastic.

Gold remaster would be nice, but if they do that then they should go off of version 2.0 (red disc).
I still have my MK GOLD red disc, and it's rare to find these days, but it's the more polished version of the game.

How about releasing it in its ORIGINAL form first? We can get remasters at least 5 years down the road.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

I agree 100% with the guy that brought up this thread...for years since mk deception ive been waiting for a perfect MK4 Arcade Version 3 of the game to come out on the game systems for Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 Exclusive with online play :) I hope this does happen in the near future cause MK4 was indeed one of my favorite MK games.

I agreeeeeeeeee!!!

They should release it. I've never had the chance to play this one yet & i would LOVE to see it get a remaster or something like that.

Trust me my friend when I tell you this...

Even a NON-remastered version of MK4 rev 3. in its ORIGINAL Arcade perfect form... would be GODLIKE! Lol. You will probably stop playing your current games and enjoy the sh*t out of MK4 for MONTHSSSSSSSS!!! It must have ONLINE play though.... MK4 and MKX are the fastest MK games ever to come out! Third place I would say is UMK3 in speed... and thennnnnnnnn MK9... Lol