Tremor!!! (also Liu Kang and Tanya)

Better than Reptile's? I doubt it :p

Ya Reptile and Kung Lao take the cake for awesome grabs for sure....

Whether Tremor's inclusion is controversial to the youtube ranters (like Total MK) or not. Tremor and Tanya's announcement is good for the MK roster. Tanya represents the post MK3 people/much needed female character and Tremor represents the underdeveloped characters from MK lore who just needed a chance. That's how I see it. I'm rooting for Fujin, Reiko, and Havik to have their day back in MK. But for now I'm going to enjoy this and can't wait to see his official gameplay reveal trailer.

Ya Reptile and Kung Lao take the cake for awesome grabs for sure....

Whether Tremor's inclusion is controversial to the youtube ranters (like Total MK) or not. Tremor and Tanya's announcement is good for the MK roster. Tanya represents the post MK3 people/much needed female character and Tremor represents the underdeveloped characters from MK lore who just needed a chance. That's how I see it. I'm rooting for Fujin, Reiko, and Havik to have their day back in MK. But for now I'm going to enjoy this and can't wait to see his official gameplay reveal trailer.

totally agree with ya.

+
Even though it seems there's no reason for Tanya to be included in the main roster because of Edenia still merged with Outworld (she has like nothing to betray), NRS easily could invent some story for her, just like they did with everyone else who is on the main roster. It's a matter of choice IMO.

Anyway, I'm glad she's in at least as DLC (along with Tremor) because I'm a fan of post MK3 characters being revamped into the new generation. Lame story, appearance and moves are no arguments because I believe they can make great every character they want (or at least quite good). I don't count MK2011 'cause the thechnology gap between PS2 and PS3 is lot larger than between PS3 and PS4.

The story spans a large time frame. They could show Edenia being in peril or could just go with the more "fleshed out" angle for Tanya, showing how she was lured to the dark side and becoming more and more of a corrupted person, leading her to eventually become a traitor.

I have the same exact excitement for Tremor as I did for Fujin in MK4.
I'm pretty excited to see how they do his style.
No lie though, I was hoping for them to remodel him into less of a Ninja and more of an elemental type person. Sort of like Fujin, but more dark.

No lie though, I was hoping for them to remodel him into less of a Ninja and more of an elemental type person. Sort of like Fujin, but more dark.

Most of the ninjas have evolved into elemental-type fighters already: Rain, Sub-Zero, Scorpion, Smoke....Reptile, Ermac, and Noob are kinda-sorta elemental, but not quite as archetypal.

Whatever is being done with Tremor is definitely going to reflect that kind of elemental / ground / earth style in much the same way.

I don't get some YouTubers going apeshit and angry on an actual video, over some DLC characters.
Goodness gracious.
Luke from TMK is such a whinny douchewaffle.
No wonder NRS didn't want to give him any MK9 promotional material.
Dude is super hyped for Predator, yet he goes on some shit tirade on how Tremor is a character that shouldn't be developed for MKX.
I look back at when Freddy was released for MK9, and realize that I probably also sounded that ridiculous and stupid, over a character that I didn't even have to buy. :laugh:
I'm glad that I got over it and matured.

OT:
Jason - While I would have preferred someone else instead of Jason, he's the Freddy / horror character of MKX.
Tanya - Didn't care too much for her in MK4, but maybe NRS can make me change my mind about her in MKX.
Tremor - I LOVE the idea that he's finally going to be a fully playable character in MKX, and not just some half-assed Vita Challenge Tower character.
Predator - I'm usually not too hype for "guests," but I'd be lying if I say that I wasn't HYPED for Predator and the Carl Weathers alt for Jax.

Anyways, point being that I will tray all the DLC characters, this time around, seeing as all of them will have 3 variations and a lot of match-up possibilities for MKX. ;)

Last edited:
Most of the ninjas have evolved into elemental-type fighters already: Rain, Sub-Zero, Scorpion, Smoke....Reptile, Ermac, and Noob are kinda-sorta elemental, but not quite as archetypal.

Whatever is being done with Tremor is definitely going to reflect that kind of elemental / ground / earth style in much the same way.
Not what I meant.
They sort of still went with the V shaped ninja form for him. I know he was originally a ninja, but I was hoping they would sort of give him a similiar-to-fujin type redesign. More of a humanoid non-ninja who was element based.
They still went with the ninja model but mixed it with elemental type I wanted.
I wanted him to look a lot more like this, elemental non-ninja type, even though I knew I was asking for something pretty ridiculous.

So are people pissed about Tremor being in the game? I've seen a few youtube rants where he was called a waste.

As much as I've hated on Tremor in the past and wished he never got into the main series... I surprisingly don't care. Yes, I'd still rather he wasn't in MKX, but that's because there are other characters I'd rather got in as DLC instead. I feel the same towards Jason and Predator. However, I think the inclusion of Tanya kinda nullified my negative emotions towards them.

I'm actually happy for those whom wanted him in the series for so long, even if I disagree with every reason why they wanted him in. Hopefully NRS haven't effed it up and made him entertaining, at least.

Well the dude I watched, Total(joke)MK, said that Tremor didn't deserve to be made into a character because he was from a spinoff game and didn't have a backstory. Which I didn't understand because Quan Chi is one of the most popular characters in the series and he started off in a spin off game. Not only that, but he STILL doesn't have a backstory. Nobody knows shit about Quan Chi and he continues to be one of the most prevalent villains in Mortal Kombat.

I'm happy he's in because it feels like the rainbow of MK ninjas is finally complete. Sure there are a few missing elements and colors, but all of those are Fan characters. Tremor was the only one who was left out, and NRS finally fixed that :love:

Well the dude I watched, Total(joke)MK, said that Tremor didn't deserve to be made into a character because he was from a spinoff game and didn't have a backstory. Which I didn't understand because Quan Chi is one of the most popular characters in the series and he started off in a spin off game. Not only that, but he STILL doesn't have a backstory. Nobody knows shit about Quan Chi and he continues to be one of the most prevalent villains in Mortal Kombat.

I'm happy he's in because it feels like the rainbow of MK ninjas is finally complete. Sure there are a few missing elements and colors, but all of those are Fan characters. Tremor was the only one who was left out, and NRS finally fixed that :love:

mortal_kombat_phlox_by_fear_sas-d7qnd85.jpg
Pink for MK11..
Seriously, this FAN character looks so badass.

I hear ya, dude.

I totally facepalmed when Luke went about praising a guest character (Predator) in MKX, and then went on to say that Tremor "has no story" and "can't be developed."
Really?
A made up MKX DLC character can't be given a decent / interesting bio to go along with the game?
(Let's not forget that Tremor started in the Lin Kuei in the old timeline and moved to the Black Dragon)
If Predator can be given a Bio and Ending for MKX, then the same can be done for Tremor.
I'm so happy that Tremor made it into MKX, and not as a half-assed Vita Challenge Tower character, either. :-D

I must really be the only one who was really happy for Tremor and Tanya equally. I can totally see them getting fantastic gameplay. I am pretty sure people who are bashing them now will change their thoughts later on...

I got an idea! The opposite white ninja to Noob Saibot should be called Tobias Boon! Wouldn't it be awesome?!

Oh wait...