Tremor!!! (also Liu Kang and Tanya)

Lulz first time to say anything like this on the forums, but Tanya really looks ass.

I'd see it's pretty safe to assume she is being polished.

Yeah, agreed. Let's hope they get rid of that hideous man-face.

Nice to see NRS is finally listening to the Tremor fans. Correct me if I am wrong but Tremor is the first earth-based character in the series.

Nice to see NRS is finally listening to the Tremor fans. Correct me if I am wrong but Tremor is the first earth-based character in the series.

I heard he's going to have an alternate costume of Captain planet along with his moves set. He's unbeatable with the green mullet.

I really wish they gave Liu Kang a proper reveal. I'm happy that he's in game, but jeez show some respect for that man. I'm not even hyped because the way he got revealed. Maybe my hype will come when I see him in action:).

so... whats so good about Tanya? talking strictly gameplay wise here fuk the story

was she MK4 or something? i owned that game but cant remember a single thing from it coz it was so bad and never played any of the other games after that so i cant remember her. but im interested in what she can do....anyone?? whats her move sets? she must do something good to warrent all this hype

I know Wikipedia isn't reliable, so is this just bullsh!t? They have one of Tanya's variations as 'swindler.' Just made up?

I don't care for guest and I'm glad about post MK3 (non MK2011) characters making an appearance, even though as DLC. Also I hope they'll improve Tanya's look.

Liu Kang revealed like: Just put him in there. Kung Lao revealed like: Put him in a magazine. -.- show some respect to the Mk champ

so... whats so good about Tanya? talking strictly gameplay wise here fuk the story

was she MK4 or something? i owned that game but cant remember a single thing from it coz it was so bad and never played any of the other games after that so i cant remember her. but im interested in what she can do....anyone?? whats her move sets? she must do something good to warrent all this hype

Not really. She has fire moves (like Liu Kang, Scorpion, Shang Tsung, Goro, etc.), Invisibility (like Reptile, Smoke, and Noob Saibot), and she even had a fatality in MK4 which was a rip off of Kitana's kiss of death. Other than that she has a cannon drill kick a la Cammy from Street Fighter and a flipping split kick. Her moveset is nothing original really so I hope they do something about that in MKX.

As for her story she's an Edenian traitor (Rain) who is known for stabbing people in the back in order to save her own skin (Kano). She doesn't really bring a whole lot to the table, and considering her rival Jade is dead and Edenia hasn't been separated from Outworld, I'm curious as to what her story will be this time around.

As far as I'm concerned if they wanted to bring back a female fighter from the post MK3 era, Sareena would have been the superior choice. A chunk of the storyline as to do with the Netherealm (and she is a demon), she has a more original moveset, and she's a tragically underutilized character. I think Tanya is a waste of space, but I'm pleased with the other DLC characters. Jason Vorhees is cool, and one of my best friends is a huge fan of the character which means he's even more pumped for the game. I've been a fan of the Predator movies for a long time (though I prefer Aliens) so it's awesome to see him. Tremor has a ton of potential so I'm excited to see what they do with him, good to finally have an earth based kombatant.

If we do get more DLC, I would love to see Baraka, Shang Tsung, Shao Kahn, and Sareena make it in.

Not really. She has fire moves (like Liu Kang, Scorpion, Shang Tsung, Goro, etc.), Invisibility (like Reptile, Smoke, and Noob Saibot), and she even had a fatality in MK4 which was a rip off of Kitana's kiss of death. Other than that she has a cannon drill kick a la Cammy from Street Fighter and a flipping split kick. Her moveset is nothing original really so I hope they do something about that in MKX.

As for her story she's an Edenian traitor (Rain) who is known for stabbing people in the back in order to save her own skin (Kano). She doesn't really bring a whole lot to the table, and considering her rival Jade is dead and Edenia hasn't been separated from Outworld, I'm curious as to what her story will be this time around.

As far as I'm concerned if they wanted to bring back a female fighter from the post MK3 era, Sareena would have been the superior choice. A chunk of the storyline as to do with the Netherealm (and she is a demon), she has a more original moveset, and she's a tragically underutilized character. I think Tanya is a waste of space, but I'm pleased with the other DLC characters. Jason Vorhees is cool, and one of my best friends is a huge fan of the character which means he's even more pumped for the game. I've been a fan of the Predator movies for a long time (though I prefer Aliens) so it's awesome to see him. Tremor has a ton of potential so I'm excited to see what they do with him, good to finally have an earth based kombatant.

If we do get more DLC, I would love to see Baraka, Shang Tsung, Shao Kahn, and Sareena make it in.
Well even if you consider her as crap she has many fans and she got a place in mkx, that chars like your sareena or rain couldn't... So there you go

1. Tanya was a traitor before Rain.
2. Jade doesn't need to be in for Tanya to be relevant to the storyline, considering the fact that Kitana IS in.
3. Tanya is connected to far more characters that Sareena. She served Shinnok as an aid to the Brotherhood of Shadow (which means she very well could have had something to do in the Netherrealm War), as well as serving Onaga. This all comes AFTER her betraying her realm. I'm sorry but does Sareena really stack up to her when her only real links are rooted in Mortal Kombat: Mythologies? She didn't exactly have the most original moves, either so the same arguments could have been made about her, mirroring your issues with Tanya. Would you mind telling me how she's superior?

Tanya shared some moves from Cammy, especially her AWESOME spinning move. The amount of juggles and pressure that may come from that is orgasmic. Tanya does have a few moves from her own, but that Cammy spinning move will be very popular for sure in X.

Her specials are:
- Human Cannon Drill - inspired by Cammy.
- Surging Blast - generic projectile.
- Air Fire Blast - a 45º degree air projectile.
- Split Flip Kick - great range move but mostly for combo finishers or punishes.
- Find Me - invisibility.
- Neck Break - her fatality in MK4, she spins around the oponnent's neck.

Even though it seems there's no reason for Tanya to be included in the main roster because of Edenia still merged with Outworld (she has like nothing to betray), NRS easily could invent some story for her, just like they did with everyone else who is on the main roster. It's a matter of choice IMO.

Anyway, I'm glad she's in at least as DLC (along with Tremor) because I'm a fan of post MK3 characters being revamped into the new generation. Lame story, appearance and moves are no arguments because I believe they can make great every character they want (or at least quite good). I don't count MK2011 'cause the thechnology gap between PS2 and PS3 is lot larger than between PS3 and PS4.

Last edited:
Tremor: Finally we meet in battle
Jax: ground stomp "bring it"
Tremor: RIPOFF JAX'S ground stomp
Jax: Kills Termor like in MKSF. Go home to bang Gemini.

She's never been special. The hype is definitely not real. She just has one of the most blind fanboys ever.

I'm calling it right now, Tremor is going to have the sickest grab in Mortal Kombat history. I feel it in my bones.

So are people pissed about Tremor being in the game? I've seen a few youtube rants where he was called a waste.