Reptile revealed!

Why were people expecting a variation trailer? They'll obviously be showing them all off during the stream.

Think of how much content will be in that stream Thursday. Variations, stages, fatalites, a character reveal...

You're one of the few people I've seen on here and Test Your Might that are disappointed with the look, ignoring the fools who want him to be human.

I'm not on TYM... or did you mean the forums in general?

But yeah, he doesn't look BAD... He just has the palette swap look. That's what I don't like. For what it's worth, for a palette swap look, it looks cool and detailed, but it is still a palette swap look, and that fact is what makes me dislike it. :/

I would feel the same if Kitana/Jade/Mileena showed up in a leotard again. It made sense in MK9, as it was a callback to the original trilogy, but I thought we were supposed to move on to something new.

It's just...I can't explain why I found the trailer so "meh".

And I felt that before reading the comments.

Reptile is not a character that would hype me. It's been a long time he is a poor henchmen that always go bad.

I didn't wish that form him, but he IS like that, it's his trait. Poor guy just bows his head to others because he wants his race again.

But...I don't know, the trailer was somehow...weak.

Anyway, I liked the character to be back. I praise his new appearance, his abilities, and, even he is not my favorite, I'm glad he is back.

I seriously hope or he is taken by Onaga again (in a more...honored way) or Kotal helps him find peace.

Onaga can be back on other way, they can invent. I wish he find peace and community within a new Outworld.

I think the fact that the stage they were fighting at wasn't new made it a little less hype.

That new stage always gives it an extra feel. Seeing them fight at "The Kove" was kinda boring.

I'm not on TYM... or did you mean the forums in general?

But yeah, he doesn't look BAD... He just has the palette swap look. That's what I don't like. For what it's worth, for a palette swap look, it looks cool and detailed, but it is still a palette swap look, and that fact is what makes me dislike it. :/

I would feel the same if Kitana/Jade/Mileena showed up in a leotard again. It made sense in MK9, as it was a callback to the original trilogy, but I thought we were supposed to move on to something new.
I understand why you don't like it, and your reasoning is completely fine. Reptile's new get-up would be disappointing to anyone expecting as drastic a change as with Kitana.

I understand why you don't like it, and your reasoning is completely fine. Reptile's new get-up would be disappointing to anyone expecting as drastic a change as with Kitana.

I get what you mean, but it's not just Kitana that got a drastic change, IMO.
Sub-Zero, Scorpion, Raiden, Kano and Quan Chi also got drastic / darker / grittier changes too.
Kung Lao looks more like MKII Kung Lao, IMO.
I could see where someone would be let-down by what seems to be MK9 alt skin Reptile, when you compare it to the grittier costume revamps the the others got.

One thing I really like about the new fatalities, and Reptile's in particular, is the small details. He is squeezing his head so hard that his arms are shaking.

One thing I really like about the new fatalities, and Reptile's in particular, is the small details. He is squeezing his head so hard that his arms are shaking.

I thought that was a nice touch as well.

Another thing I like is the way Reptile leaps toward Kung Lao while his face is melting.
I don't know how to explain it...He just looks so badass :laugh:

I just noticed that the boards of the pier/dock that they are fighting on moves when the water hits/they land, etc. Some really nice attention to detail.

I get what you mean, but it's not just Kitana that got a drastic change, IMO.
Sub-Zero, Scorpion, Raiden, Kano and Quan Chi also got drastic / darker / grittier changes too.
Kung Lao looks more like MKII Kung Lao, IMO.
I could see where someone would be let-down by what seems to be MK9 alt skin Reptile, when you compare it to the grittier costume revamps the the others got.
I have to disagree about Sub-Zero and Raiden. I feel like I've seen their costumes several times before. They look good, but not the best designs they've had in series history - I prefer MK3/MKDA Sub and Dark Raiden. Okay, I suppose it's the best non-Dark Raiden. It should also be noted that the electricity coursing through Raiden's character model on screen looks glorious and Sub-Zero's frozen dashes add a lot to the look. They still look damn great, but I just prefer some of their older stuff.

As for Scorpion, Kitana, Kung Lao and Reptile: I think they all look their best in MKX, but that doesn't necessarily mean much since I don't like most of their MK1-MK9 costumes.

Kano and Quan Chi look absolutely fantastic, though. Never better. Overall, this game's costume design is top tier - especially if we also see Erron Black and wizard Ermac - and I'm so glad for it

I have to disagree about Sub-Zero and Raiden. I feel like I've seen their costumes several times before.

Nah.
Sub-Zero and Raiden in MKX remind me of Vincent Proce's dark and gritty MK8 concept art, before the game was cancelled.
Not exactly like it, but definitely inspired by it.

Sub-Zero's costume and shin guards (not the mask or sleeves)

image.jpg

Raiden's MKX hat (not costume).

image.jpg

Last edited:
Why were people expecting a variation trailer? They'll obviously be showing them all off during the stream.

Think of how much content will be in that stream Thursday. Variations, stages, fatalites, a character reveal...

I hope you're right. I would assume the stream would have alot of information that is much needed. Although I have been happy with what we got the past couple reveals have been lackluster in comparison to when they first came out! Don't get me wrong im still very much hyped it though!!!!

I don't think we're getting Reptile gameplay in the livestream. It would be greatly appreciated, but they never promised it and they already have to fit in Kung Lao and Kitana variations + the new character reveal and potentially his/her variations as well. They seemed to really cut the stream short last time, so I would be surprised if it went on longer than 1 hour this time and the stuff they're showing is going to be difficult to squeeze into 1 hour as is.

But that's just my two cents.

So before the Fatality scene cuts away, any idea on how it ends?

-Well the obvious choice is that Reptile splits their head into 2. But i think it would be cool if only one side gets pulled off and while still holding the head Reptile eats the brains inside the other half of the skull before letting the body go.

just my 2 cents!!!

So before the Fatality scene cuts away, any idea on how it ends?

-Well the obvious choice is that Reptile splits their head into 2. But i think it would be cool if only one side gets pulled off and while still holding the head Reptile eats the brains inside the other half of the skull before letting the body go.

just my 2 cents!!!
Yeah, I definitely want him to take a bite out of the brain.

I honestly don't feel like he's all that different from his mk9 version :/
This fan is disappointed.

I don't think we're getting Reptile gameplay in the livestream. It would be greatly appreciated, but they never promised it and they already have to fit in Kung Lao and Kitana variations + the new character reveal and potentially his/her variations as well. They seemed to really cut the stream short last time, so I would be surprised if it went on longer than 1 hour this time and the stuff they're showing is going to be difficult to squeeze into 1 hour as is.

But that's just my two cents.

I think the opposite. We'll get Kitana and Kung Lao gameplay and Ed tweeted two videos, two different kharacters. So won't be surprised if they finish the stream with a two minute reveal trailer and we won't see live gameplay about Thursday's reveal. So that way they could easily fit Reptile in. What I want is new stages and a stage fatality.

I think the opposite. We'll get Kitana and Kung Lao gameplay and Ed tweeted two videos, two different kharacters. So won't be surprised if they finish the stream with a two minute reveal trailer and we won't see live gameplay about Thursday's reveal. So that way they could easily fit Reptile in. What I want is new stages and a stage fatality.
That would be good enough for me.

I noticed Reptile is still able to do something like 'habasjebbaa!' whilst puking acid on Kung's face. That's great throat control or they messed up the sound timing in the trailer.