TRMK Suggestion Box

Pat, I forgot to remind you (like you asked) after the E3 week, about being able to post tweets in TRMK threads.
I know that you said that it had something to do with HTML on the site or something, but it would be cool to be able to post HTML tweets in user threads, like you do on the homepage.

c0ck shouldn't be censored, because it's a legit word too.

So like if I'm talking about c0cking back a pistol, I don't know, I just find it kind of annoying that I have to type it like that when I'm using it the proper way.

1358459567931.jpg

I don't think any profanity should be censored. But even if it is, it should be replaced with something. On the Bungie forums it would be like...

fcking (but the whole word) would turn into -Yoinking!- or something like that. Not just deleted.

Pat, I forgot to remind you (like you asked) after the E3 week, about being able to post tweets in TRMK threads.
I know that you said that it had something to do with HTML on the site or something, but it would be cool to be able to post HTML tweets in user threads, like you do on the homepage.

Sadly it's not as easy as I was hoping, I did look into it but sadly can't be done simply. Will look into it more later.

As far as the swear requests... no swearing permitted.

I don't think any profanity should be censored. But even if it is, it should be replaced with something. On the Bungie forums it would be like...

fcking (but the whole word) would turn into -Yoinking!- or something like that. Not just deleted.

Came here to post about this. Word filters would be pretty great for any curse words that are censored/deleted in threads.

Maybe use it for different words too to mix things up.

^ I think someone mentioned it before and it couldn't be done. I could be wrong and be thinking of something else, though.

^ I think someone mentioned it before and it couldn't be done. I could be wrong and be thinking of something else, though.

What about an alternative, like the ability to tag people? I'm not sure that would work on vBulletin, but I know you can do it on TYM.

Like how you can go @station2 and they'd get an alert?

I'm pretty sure someone asked for that before and it couldn't be done.

Is it possible to implement an alert feature when someone quotes your post in a thread?

Correct it's not a feature for the software we use currently. But as Tarkatan said, you can use Tapatalk to get that. I'll research a way to do it via plugin, but don't hold your breath.

What about an alternative, like the ability to tag people? I'm not sure that would work on vBulletin, but I know you can do it on TYM.

Like how you can go @station2 and they'd get an alert?

I'm pretty sure someone asked for that before and it couldn't be done.

Correct also a feature that isn't in our software. I'd like it too, so I'll research a way to do it via plugin, but don't hold your breath.

Hmm actually I found an easy to install mod that does BOTH of these... testing it out now.

Last edited:
Is it possible to implement an alert feature when someone quotes your post in a thread?

This should give you a notification now I'm told?

[MENTION=11963]Kzaoo[/MENTION] Something like this for user tagging? It's not perfect (no easy way to select from users that I see) but it's free.

Yeah, that worked for me, Pat. :)

It's a bit weird here (I'm using Google chrome btw):
TRMK screenshot.png
It's not a massive problem and you're probably already aware of it. I just thought I should let you know.

Last edited: