General Injustice Gods Among Us Gameplay Chat

Your not reading something correctly, other have suggested things for you to do, the next post from you was a whine, Im telling you to stop whining and practice, go improve your ablitites instead of whining. Im sure you dont want to be a whiner right, I cant fathom anyone actually wanting to do that. Im telling you that you need to suck it up and practice and now that you have asked for UK help Im hoping someone helps you get better.

You keep using the word 'whining'. You don't know what it means so knock it off; this is an internet forum, not a dick waving contest.

Again, if you have any particular insights into the character then by all means share them. It's a simple question and was what I asked in the first place and yet, ironically, all you have seen fit to do is resort to abuse. What do you think that will achieve?

And to traduce what i say by errantly assuming I haven't or don't practice is facile. There are many hours in the day and I can both post here and play the game. Just saying 'go practice' is also mere trolling: you aren't saying anything, you aren't offering anything to work with. Practice what? Do what? What is it that I need to practice with Lex?

How about something constructive instead of more condescending noise?

I use 2,2,3. If its blocked cancel into mini gun to makes the string safe, if it's hitting confirm into lift.

Hmmm.... I'll practice this.

Any tips on wake up attacks and dealing with zoners?

Thats what you want, b1,3,LM once they start blocking it ill go for the f3 on start up, at this point you have conditioned them to block low which you can add in 2,2,3LM. He is a bit on the slow side so I find myself using (jumping over projectiles usually)B-F3 to close the distance alot and works well vs Doomsday's tracking and against Sinestro's meteor's for example.

I usually only MB LM and the Gatling gun.

Some good stuff here. Thanks!

What are your combo strings for F3?

this is an internet forum, not a dick waving contest.

This isn't a dick waving contest? Looks like I shaved for nothing :(

Just saying 'go practice' is also mere trolling

3a9.png

I have never in my 18 years of life heard such... malarkey. What Eclipso is telling is practice your setups, combos and ways to get in. Like I don't personally play Lex but I know that his vacuum push away move is pretty damn good to start setting shit up like mines and his unblockable lasers.

Think of it like this: say you see a kid perform a really cool trick (combo) on a skateboard. You go to try the same trick (combo) but you fail horribly because you don't know the correct moves to perform said trick (combo). What's the natural thing to do?

PRACTICE.

You practice until you get the trick (combo) down to perfection. You do the trick (combo) naturally because you mothertrucking practiced. Of course then you see more tricks (combos) and practice that as well

Is Lex technically even a zoner? tbh I just did 30 mins of practice with him and got some easy 50% combos down, but none of them were thanks to his zoning. Looking at the frame data on all his zoning tools there all extremely unsafe you'll have a better time just dashing in and going all rushdown on them. I think they should buff his little orb thing as that is his best option for getting in, the orbital ray is so easily avoidable its pointless, the mine is only good mid combo as again its painfully easy to avoid. His only good zoning tools are his orb thing and his staff bolt.

But hey, I only touched him for 30 minutes so this is only a quick and rash understanding of him

Is Lex technically even a zoner? tbh I just did 30 mins of practice with him and got some easy 50% combos down, but none of them were thanks to his zoning. Looking at the frame data on all his zoning tools there all extremely unsafe you'll have a better time just dashing in and going all rushdown on them. I think they should buff his little orb thing as that is his best option for getting in, the orbital ray is so easily avoidable its pointless, the mine is only good mid combo as again its painfully easy to avoid. His only good zoning tools are his orb thing and his staff bolt.

But hey, I only touched him for 30 minutes so this is only a quick and rash understanding of him

I thought he would be a zoner but you may be right that he isn't. I think he's supposed to be all around

I play against Lex before and I have to say that after you do a hard knock down or push them back with the vacuum thing you can setup the mine or laser orb

What's the natural thing to do?

The natural thing to do is to find out how you do it. Which is what I asked.

You don't learn just by being presented with something or a situation. If you want to learn a musical instrument you find out how to learn, not just mash your hands against the keys or strings. Same with anything.

That was my entire point: just saying 'go practice' is meaningless. Knowing what to practice and how to do what the character does is the first step.

I play against Lex before and I have to say that after you do a hard knock down or push them back with the vacuum thing you can setup the mine or laser orb

The mine is useless. It relies on the opponent rushing into it. Given how most characters can fall back on projectiles/zoning it is useless.

If you get an orb out you aren't really at much of an advantage unless you can get in on them when it hits and aren't being attacked yourself. You cannot armour and orb from a knockdown. Even using the gravity pull which is best used MB for a combo. The pull has not enough range and is slow. It is far from reliable.

Lex isn't a zoner because he can't compete with zoners. Sinestro eats him alive. He isn't a rushdwon character either, even using corps charge, which if that's all you can do becomes predictable.

I don't see the problem in looking for combos on youtube to perform and practicing them. Like the BNB combos and such. They have inputs and damage output that you can see on the channel or other forums.

Then look at how high level players play with your character and use that. Not hard to do.

I mean hell you just said practicing was important
You don't learn just by being presented with something or a situation. If you want to learn a musical instrument you find out how to learn, not just mash your hands against the keys or strings. Same with anything.

I...

I can't even. Did I not say in my other post that you might just want to practice setups and other stuff.
Why do you think I use Joker's D+2 as an anti air and then combo after it?

I'm just saying combos are nice to have and to know. How else are you going to do damage to your opponent?

I...

I can't even. Did I not say in my other post that you might just want to practice setups and other stuff.
Why do you think I use Joker's D+2 as an anti air and then combo after it?

I'm just saying combos are nice to have and to know. How else are you going to do damage to your opponent?

Instead of spluttering over your keyboard in some effort to sound important, why don't you answer the question I originally asked which, despite all your sad little pictures and your bizarre tirade of abuse, you then agreed was how you practice.

In other words: how do you play Lex? How do you use his slow and imprecise tools.

Superman is so boring. Its either spam lasers or medium medium ice breath.....fly around some more couple more lasers.....medium medium ice breath. This guy literally has one combo.

Instead of spluttering over your keyboard in some effort to sound important, why don't you answer the question I originally asked which, despite all your sad little pictures and your bizarre tirade of abuse, you then agreed was how you practice.

In other words: how do you play Lex? How do you use his slow and imprecise tools.

That's good strangeotron, use insults and smart words as a defense mechanism to get me off your ass.
But I'll enlighten you ya little fvcknut

Basic guide to play Lex

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=jUCKX5BnjIo#!
high level play of Lex

Also a link to everything Lex Luthor wise
http://testyourmight.com/forums/lex-luthor.343/

With me answering your question I hope you get spammed by Deathstroke and Raven.
Good day sir

Superman is so boring. Its either spam lasers or medium medium ice breath.....fly around some more couple more lasers.....medium medium ice breath. This guy literally has one combo.

if you're lucky the might do the MB super punch which, despite blocking it (it's overheads and mids) online by standing+block still seems to hit somehow. Must be a lag thing.

Most players just fly into the corner and spam eyebeemz full screen, repeatedly. I find this very frustrating. It's not fun playing against people like this and it's boring. Either that or they dive bomb.

One guy tried to cross up by flying down then juking at the last second. I guess DC said 'make him awesome'.

Still we mustn't moan.

They would have been better actually programming in combos for people to play against. They could have designed a much more in depth, character by character training mode that allowed you to learn the properties of moves/combos.

Infinitely more preferrable than how Star Labs turned out IMO, surely?

I think it's a bit easy to say there's no excuse. Fight games rely on principles that are not readily apparent. To use the record function requries that you know the character you are facing as well as your own otherwise you won't be able to input the combo correctly to try and block it. At the very least, having to record that every single time and set up the training scenario is a tedious solution. That gallery function, as i understand it, is just a playback function. You can't interact.

Online practice is a great addition, but it requires you find living breathing partners to practice against. One of the reasons i play online at all is that i don't know anyone that plays this game (or these games at all). Random matchmaking that doesn't allow regional filtering doesn't help either.

Also:

How exactly do you play Lex without getting either zoned into oblivion or rushed down. All his tools are slooooow.

To find out what you need to work on is where online and fighting people comes into play. If you don't have a recording device, you're gonna need to fight someone. Anytime they trick you into some sort of setup, or mix up. You need to go to training mode repeat what they did to you, then work on how you can get out of it.

No one expects you to just up and play an instrument, but how do you think instruments even came about? there are ways to learn how to play even W/O any knowledge, by ear ect ect. It's definitely NICE to have a tutor or someone to teach you, but that comes at a price. That's no different than fighting games, they probably left out super in-depth explanations because, they want the community to expore and discover it. EVERYONE enters this game in the same boat as you. And people are figuring things out little by little, It's good to ask questions when you're confused, but you need to learn how to figure stuff out on your own so you can contribute rather than leach.

The natural thing to do is to find out how you do it. Which is what I asked.

That was my entire point: just saying 'go practice' is meaningless. Knowing what to practice and how to do what the character does is the first step.

The reason no one can tell you what to do, is because you're saying things in general. like "Lex is slow." no one can magically tell you how to make him quicker or how to properly use his slowness.

But if you have a SPECIFIC question like. "How do I make the super slow laser(Unblockable) Projectile hit them if they can just dash out?

THEN someone knows the specific problem and can say something like, well if you toss otu the timed orbs, You can time it so the unblockable laser hits JUST after the timed orbs. So if they block the orb, they eat a laser, if they jump and the orb anti-airs them, they get combo'd into a laser.

Or someone can tell you "Yo, after this hard knock down move where they can't tech roll" Start up the unblockable for extra tacted on damage.

This game is more like everyone jumped from guitar to violin. Both are string instruments but they are handled completely different. Some people will catch on a LITTLE quicker because of their guitar experience, but they're still starting fresh.

Everyone is learning, don't expect spoon feeding. And the reason your not getting sympathy is because the game is barely a month old. That's not NEARLY enough time to discover what needs to be discovered.

If you think the game is anywhere near being closed to figured out. You got another thing coming. People were finding new tech in MK9 last Fall. Now everyone's energy is being put into breaking down INjustice.

Officially putting Lex in the "Dog Sh!t" tier group. After a good number of matches with him against a variety of characters he just can't hold his own in a lot of situations. I think he won't be my 3rd character, I am liking Green Arrow alot more but his damage is pitiful, clearly he's a hit them and run kind of character, slowly wearing them down.

Also as I have been using Harley so much I went back to The Flash and went braindead. I was trying to do Harley moves for him XD

I hate having to play against Lex Luthor (online or offline) the most annoying move in the entire game is his chest charge. The computer uses it CONSTANTLY and that's the main reason why I can't complete a Battle if Lex is one of the opponents. Online people use it in combination but it's not THAT annoying as when the computer uses it.