Batman: Arkham Origins announced

I is being developed by another studio and when this happens to an established franchise things like multiplayer get thrown in and other design changes that seem like fundementaly wrong fro said franchise are generally thrown in to "mix it up" or to so they can "add their own touch" I have little faith in this game anyways so I'm not surprised they are going to whore out all they can off the Arkham-whatever stuff.

As long as the single player experience isn't compromised I wouldn't mind multiplayer, and so far from the already revealed features it definitely doesn't feel that away, I think this game as the potential to top Arkham City in that department.

And although I have my doubts with WB games Montreal, I would give it a fair chance first before dismissing them. Nobody knew Rocksteady before Arkham Asylum.

Still getting the game regardless of multiplayer.

Wanna know why?

Cause I don't have to play the multiplayer. I mean I'll give it a chance put honestly guys know one is forcing you to play the mulitplayer.

Im getting it still aswell. I just don't want this to turn into the next Assassin's creed.

I just went through that Kotaku article and came across this.

The villains involved—who may be playable and customizable—include Killer Croc, Deadshot, Firefly, Black Mask, Deathstroke, and "some kind of Electroman character

Ability to play as Deathstroke and Killer Croc in an Arkham setting? Give me multiplayer please!!!

Not getting this game.

I never was a fan of the Batman games. Great story and visuals, but gameplay more stale than year-old bread.

What do you mean? Other games try to copy it's formula because it's so fluid and easy but still deep if you know what your doing. Just most of the boss battles were stale.

I want MORE THEN ONE DAMN STORY DLC. Since this is and isn't Arkham universes Batman origin story (as told by gameinformer) then this is what I want for story Dlc.

Bruce's first encounter with the Court of Owls.

When and how in this universe did Dick Grayson become Robin.

I also want to see a what if story of Thomas Wayne Jr. Becoming Batman Instead of Bruce and Bruce becoming Owlman. (That one will definitely not happen)

I just think if they wanted to keep people playing and want Us to keep instead of trading in Batman: AO then they need to scrap MP completely and "EXPAND" this universe and explain shit that needs to be.

Some new info and screenshots

It has been officially confirmed via (South African publication, NAG) that Kevin Conroy won't reprise his role in Batman: Arkham Origins. However name of the new voice actor was not revealed.

From GameMasters UK Senior Producer Ben Mattes explains the following things about Batman: Arkham Origins (via Arkham Verse Forums),

-The Batman of Arkham City is Batman 5.0. He will punch out a guy without looking at him knowing exactly how many teeth he’s just fractured just from the feeling from his knuckles. Our Batman is version 0.9.

-Expect every boss encounter to be different

-We [ WB Games Montreal ] really believe that we’ve made the coolest version of Deathstroke [in any media].He’s a wonderful counterpart to Batman.

-Making Batman scary again is important. Thugs are in absolute awe of Batman, debating whether or not he’s even human.

-Two game features were abandoned because they didn’t live up to previous Arkham games. (1) Robotic drones that would hunt Batman were axed because the developers decided that Batman shouldn’t spend the whole of the predator sections on the defensive. (2) Gusts of wind from the dynamic weather system which would force thugs to stand still and cover their eyes made it to difficult for players to control Batman ( snowy rooftops made him slip ). Mattes said that they cut it because it “sucks”.

-Batman is impulsive, overconfident as he still has to encounter an opponent on par with his strength. He is clever but does not think of everything, for example when interrogating a thug he can be dominated by violence and stun the thug before getting the information he wanted. The major difficulties he will have to deal with in the game will have a strong impact on his psychology and will make him change to the more realist and stoic Batman from the previous games.

-Rupert Thorne is mentioned (as well as Falcone)

-Some of the 8 assassins will be side missions, and we will not be finished with them from the first encounter.

-Unlocking location for the Batwing is a whole side mission : an unknown hacker has jammed the radio system and Batman needs to restore it.

-New combat move : Batman can rush toward an enemy while knocking another one on his path.

-Freeze boss fight from Arkham City is the main model for Origins boss fights.

Screenshots

arkham_origins1.jpg

2Qss6WP.jpg

kEHGg00.jpg

World map

Spoiler:
batman-arkham-origins-map.jpg

What do you mean? Other games try to copy it's formula because it's so fluid and easy but still deep if you know what your doing. Just most of the boss battles were stale.
Compared to most licensed games anyway it's a breath of fresh air

Read about Conroy not returning on FB this morning.

Disappointed as fck.

No one could ever voice Batman like the 'roy.

Read about Conroy not returning on FB this morning.

Disappointed as fck.

No one could ever voice Batman like the 'roy.

So the original voice actors for both the joker and batman are gone. That's really disappointing.

What?! First, Rocksteady isn't doing this game, then they want to add multiplayer, and now Kevin Conroy won't be voicing Batman? What the eff is this shit!? *throws a cupcake*

It makes sense.

Kevin Conory has that man voice.

Batman starting out shouldn't have Kevin Conory's voice