Injustice= abyssmal netcode

THEundying27

BANALITY
Injustice comes out in a few days which is totally cool. I'm very excited to see Netherealm release another fighting game that feels different, looks awesome and is fun. I take my hat off to Netherealm for being able to put out a fighting game every time that feels different. I would be very bored if all their fighting games felt the same. *street fighter*
Unfortunately this won't be a day 1 purchase for me. Given netherealms track record, this game will have abyssmal netcode day 1 that will require a patch. So while story mode and offline training is cool, that will only fly with me so far. I will be severely disappointed to not be able to get what I pay for and thats complete online functionality. MK9 STILL sucks online and its bullshit that I cant pull of advanced strings online. I really hope these guys have been able to address their online mess these past two years(I doubt it but please ED prove me wrong) because to me Injustice will be just like MK9, a great game with shitty online and I buy fighting games to play online not so the computer AI and myself can have pillow talk day in and day out. :bird:

Thread title = Abyssmal

You're only assuming. Since Gamespy is dead, Injustice will (hopefully) have different servers than MK

Thread title = Abyssmal

You're only assuming. Since Gamespy is dead, Injustice will (hopefully) have different servers than MK

Sorry bro, I'm not spending $65 based on "HOPE". You can, feel free let me know how that goes for you. You say I'm "assuming", well my assumptions didn't come crawling out of my ass, NRS has a track record that speaks loud and proud for itself.

That's pretty much the epitome of assumption. You ignored everything bbblp said about what they've done with the new netcode. But do whatever u want man that's still not even a good reason to pass on the most hyped game of the year. I'm sure you'll give in after a week or two.

There's definitely input lag. There's only a handful who are playing it online right now, so it could just be the connection between those users. Compared to mk9 though, its a step up.

I usually play these games with other people.
Playing online is aight, but I much prefer to play with people who are next to me.

Sorry bro, I'm not spending $65 based on "HOPE". You can, feel free let me know how that goes for you. You say I'm "assuming", well my assumptions didn't come crawling out of my ass, NRS has a track record that speaks loud and proud for itself.

They do have a shitty track record. And their shitty track record comes from this

gamespy%2044%20logo%20logo.jpg

And since ^that^ no longer exists, it's safe to say the servers will at the very least be different.

Should really change the thread title; thought you were saying that the netcode IS abyssmal.

Though the game isn't out yet, I've heard mostly positive things from people who are playing it. People also got to remember that no matter how the game netcode is, a crappy connection is still a crappy connection lol.

Injustice comes out in a few days which is totally cool. I'm very excited to see Netherealm release another fighting game that feels different, looks awesome and is fun. I take my hat off to Netherealm for being able to put out a fighting game every time that feels different. I would be very bored if all their fighting games felt the same. *street fighter*
Unfortunately this won't be a day 1 purchase for me. Given netherealms track record, this game will have abyssmal netcode day 1 that will require a patch. So while story mode and offline training is cool, that will only fly with me so far. I will be severely disappointed to not be able to get what I pay for and thats complete online functionality. MK9 STILL sucks online and its bullshit that I cant pull of advanced strings online. I really hope these guys have been able to address their online mess these past two years(I doubt it but please ED prove me wrong) because to me Injustice will be just like MK9, a great game with shitty online and I buy fighting games to play online not so the computer AI and myself can have pillow talk day in and day out. :bird:

if you already know the following, please disregard, i just want to help you if you have a bad connection. have you done a speed test on your internet connection? what are your upload and download speeds? i have a pretty decent connection (8-14ms ping, 30mbps download/5mbps upload) and i rarely have problems playing people all over the U.S.. i'm not sure how far away immortal reaver and i are from each other but, every time we've played i never had any connection problems. mk9 has played just fine for me with a high speed connection. also, if you are playing on the ps3 the lag is substantially worse. having played the shit out of both versions i can attest that the ps3's online suffers greatly compared to the 360. you should always run a hardline connection to your modem or router but, if you have to use wifi make sure you are using an N+ band wi-fi router, not an old b or g. it also helps if you rest your router and modem every once in a while (i have mine set up to automatically reset everyday).

if you already know the following, please disregard, i just want to help you if you have a bad connection. have you done a speed test on your internet connection? what are your upload and download speeds? i have a pretty decent connection (8-14ms ping, 30mbps download/5mbps upload) and i rarely have problems playing people all over the U.S.. i'm not sure how far away immortal reaver and i are from each other but, every time we've played i never had any connection problems. mk9 has played just fine for me with a high speed connection. also, if you are playing on the ps3 the lag is substantially worse. having played the shit out of both versions i can attest that the ps3's online suffers greatly compared to the 360. you should always run a hardline connection to your modem or router but, if you have to use wifi make sure you are using an N+ band wi-fi router, not an old b or g. it also helps if you rest your router and modem every once in a while (i have mine set up to automatically reset everyday).

1. I play 360 version
2.Running a hardline to the router

As far as my speeds is concerned I believe I average about 20-22mbps which isn't bad but we have a lot of wireless devices as well. Maybe it's time to upgrade and see if that changes anything. Thanks for the tip.

I play MK9 online to this day. No offense, but your loss.

How is that possible when Glu Mobile has shut down ALL of GameSpy's gaming servers, then turned around and charged publishers obscene amounts of cash to get them reactivated? Perhaps you're assuming WB can actually afford what amounts to an online server ransom in these tough economic times...

That's pretty much the epitome of assumption. You ignored everything bbblp said about what they've done with the new netcode. But do whatever u want man that's still not even a good reason to pass on the most hyped game of the year. I'm sure you'll give in after a week or two.

Actions speak louder than words. Care to explain to me which among bbblp's words are actually backed up by NRS's actions, and vice versa? I'm really interested in knowing that.

I didn't say anything about the netcode. I already know it was ass, I'm talking about the lack of Gamespy's shitty servers.

Everything he said about the new net code? He didn't say anything about it other than NRS not using game spy servers and HOPING it works better.

I played for almost 5 hours online last night without ANY hiccups. It was brilliant and leagues ahead of MK. MK was a nightmare for months and even in end state, still wasn't "arcade worthy". I can say that Injustice online is like playing single player. It's that good.