Jump Kick Teleport Help?

Psypher

This is my first thread here. If this has already been discussed, mods feel free to close this and point me in the right direction.

I'm only making this cause I'm stumped at this execution, but I see videos of you guys throwing it out like its nothing...

I am an intermediate Kombatant maining Scorpion and Ermac. I can pull off a decent kombo at will and I don't have much trouble winning matches. I recently got my copy of MK back and on my journey through the threads I've come across a lot of these Jump Kick Teleport Kombos, but for the life of me I can't get them to connect.

So I ask you TRMK community for help. Is there a specific timing or technique or some form of buffering to get these Jump Kick Teleport kombos to connect? Also are there any training tips you could give that could help me master the technique? (Like how I had to do 5 JustFrame SkyRocket in a row in Tekken in order to master EWGF)

I have even scoured YouTube for a tutorial on how to do them, but to no luck. I can't get the Jump Kick Teleport part of it to land.

Here's one of the kombos for Scorpion:
JPunch, 1 1, spear, nJP, dash b+2, JKick, Teleport, dash Uppercut (9hits 40% Damage)
^^I can do it, minus the JumpKick^^​

What's worse is that I know mastering this art would improve my kombo potential. So if anyone can help me learn how to do it I would greatly appreciate it :)

PS: Practice, Lord knows I've tried.

Negative edge allows easy jump kick teleports.

Scorpion....just jump then press 3( either x or a) then input down back. In essence you press the inverse order of the teleport. The game reads it ad you pressing kick with 3 then reads the db input and gives you the teleport so you don't have to press jump 3 db 3, you just press jump 3 fv. This only works if your jump kick connects. This applies to any teleporting character that uses the kick buttons, like ermac.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

Oh, that's how you do it?
Let me go and test it out and I'll give you some feedback.
Thanks guys!

EDIT: I am now flawless! Thanks again you guys!

Last edited:
Ok, I might sound silly, but I'm stumped.
How do you deal with an uppercut happy opponent? How do you punish someone so bad he learns that an uppercut is not the only move in the game?
This guy lands an uppercut, jumps in to be close (sometimes crouching) and when I try to counter...UPPERCUT! Rinse and Repeat... Of course when he crouches I get him with that Scorp B+2, then all hell breaks loose...

This strat is only employed against my Scorp. I'm very frustrated right now. Help please

Oh, Mr. Uppercut uses JC and Sheeva

i

Just bait it, if you know his patterns pick up on it and use it to your advantage. Spacing is key too, if he jumps in and the uppercuts whiffs, whiff punish it.

If he's close enough for it to connect and you predict it, just back dash and whiff punish. This is called playing footsies, forcing your opponent to make mistakes and capitalizing on the situation.

"footsies" you say? Let me go and try it. I hear your tips

I'll keep at it. Practice Practice Practice

Thanks iVital

Not sure if it's character specific, but It will whiff if you're crouchblocking or not.

So crouch,wait and punish?

EDIT: Random question. Can 1P use 2P colours? i.e. Can player one use the red raiden outfit?

Last edited: