Petition for more dlc!

It might be cool if they had made the VITA costumes as the DLC just as a little something to the fans. They would have to be total tools to not do anything for it game wise. Even just this small little thing would do. Just so that Netherrealm can say "thanks for sticking with us" Especially to all the Classic Ninja Fans like those of rain or even just the MK3/2 Costume.

Just my two cents worth. I am still hoping out for those costumes on the consoles. Vita isn't a good enough console to hog them all lol.

This argument is null, given that you HAVE to download the latest patch to play online, which includes all the compatibility packs.

If this is so then why am I unable to select Skarlet in so many online matches? I'd say 50% of the people I meet online have none of the dlc characters as selectable options.

I only started to notice this when I started to switch my main to Skarlet, it's kind of annoying that in half the matches I have to select another cast member, especially if I've just been in training and wanting to try out new moves.

If this is so then why am I unable to select Skarlet in so many online matches? I'd say 50% of the people I meet online have none of the dlc characters as selectable options.

I only started to notice this when I started to switch my main to Skarlet, it's kind of annoying that in half the matches I have to select another cast member, especially if I've just been in training and wanting to try out new moves.
Because you live in Hong Kong, Paris. I hear they have an evil dictator in Hong Kong Paris that only lets 50% of online Mortal Kombat matches support DLC characters.

I don't know how they are able to play online, then.
The last time I checked, YOU HAD TO HAVE the latest patch to be able to play online.

Because you live in Hong Kong, Paris. I hear they have an evil dictator in Hong Kong Paris that only lets 50% of online Mortal Kombat matches support DLC characters.

damn those Parisian Chinese dictators, I knew they'd lead us to ruin, I should also change my location again, I'm in neither anymore.

Compatibility packs don't mean that you automatically get all the DLC characters.
You still have to buy DLC characters.
Compatibility packs mean that if I have a DLC fighter and you don't, by you having the compatibility pack, I can still use my DLC character against you, even though you don't have that character.

huh? I think you misread me, I've switched to Skarlet as my main, so I am playing as her when I can, I have all the compatibility patches, I paid for all the dlc, except for Freddie (but still downloaded his comp. pack), other people can play with Freddie against me, but some fights some or none of the dlc characters are available for me to choose. In fact I've sent messages to some people suggesting they download the compatibility patches so I can select Skarlet.

You're right though, I do seem to remember hearing that they changed the way the comp. packs worked so it was mandatory to get online. I wonder if it didn't occur here in europe for some reason?

huh? I think you misread me, I've switched to Skarlet as my main, so I am playing as her when I can, I have all the compatibility patches, I paid for all the dlc, except for Freddie (but still downloaded his comp. pack), other people can play with Freddie against me, but some fights some or none of the dlc characters are available for me to choose. In fact I've sent messages to some people suggesting they download the compatibility patches so I can select Skarlet.

You're right though, I do seem to remember hearing that they changed the way the comp. packs worked so it was mandatory to get online. I wonder if it didn't occur here in europe for some reason?

I realized that I misunderstood your last post, before you posted this, and edited it above your post. ;-)
I don't know how it works in Europe, but last time I checked, in America, you HAD TO HAVE the latest patch with the compatibility pack to play online.
Here, no latest patch DL = No online.

You're wrong Araknyd

You can have the latest patch to play online.

But not get the compatibility packs thus not allowing your opponent to play their DLC.

I play skarlet online as well, and because like 35% of the people didn't bother to get the compatibility packs I can't pick my character.

You're wrong Araknyd

You can have the latest patch to play online.

But not get the compatibility packs thus not allowing your opponent to play their DLC.

I play skarlet online as well, and because like 35% of the people didn't bother to get the compatibility packs I can't pick my character.

When I downloaded the last patch, I got Sub Zero's MK3 and Cyber Sub Zero's UMK3 costumes, even though I didn't DL the Freddy compatibility pack itself.
I'm pretty sure that anyone who has Freddy can play against me, though.

When I downloaded the last patch, I got Sub Zero's MK3 and Cyber Sub Zero's UMK3 costumes, even though I didn't DL the Freddy compatibility pack itself.
I'm pretty sure that anyone who has Freddy can play against me, though.

You could test it out, when you next spend some time online, before you select whoever you normally play as just drop down to the dlc expandable and see if the ones that you have bought are available.

I know the compatibility packs weren't mandatory originally, because there's a big old thread discussing this issue on here, it may have been patched in the US (from what you say), but it was a stupid idea from them that comp. patches weren't mandatory from the start.

You could test it out, when you next spend some time online, before you select whoever you normally play as just drop down to the dlc expandable and see if the ones that you have bought are available.

I know the compatibility packs weren't mandatory originally, because there's a big old thread discussing this issue on here, it may have been patched in the US (from what you say), but it was a stupid idea from them that comp. patches weren't mandatory from the start.

I agree with you on the comp packs not being mandatory, as being a dumb idea.
So far, all my DLC characters have worked just fine online (I just have Skarlet and Rain).
The thing is though, that I don't know anyone on my friend's list who uses Freddy to test this theory out.
I don't have Freddy as DLC either.

Anyone want to test this theory out with me on this memorial day weekend? ;-)
We can get in a few matches at the same time (haven't played in about a month).
If I'm wrong, and the DLC comp packs weren't mandatory, I'll DL the Freddy comp pack.
Pretty sure I already have the Freddy comp pack though, seeing as the UMK3 Human and Cyber Sub Zero skins were added automatically, with the last patch.
My PSN username is Araknyd03.

At this point, I am happy with what MK 2011 has to offer me. They don't need to please me beyond belief with this game. I would rather they took their efforts and used them on the next MK game.

I was more than satisfied, anyway, with MK 2011. I honestly didn't think it would be that great of a game. I didn't think it would live up to the hype.

Glad that I was wrong.

I think we're done with DLC for the moment, I still have yet to get Kenshi and Rain. No use putting out more DLC when we have plenty already. If anything, I'd want them to give out a story extension, which, as we know, won't happen.

I'm still pissed only the ninjaqueers got classic costumes.

I wanted MKII Jax more than anything :cry:

^^^^
I agree the retro skins should have been more than male/female/robot ninjas. Retro Cage would have been cool. :-|

Well ninja's were easy to swap around. So they were free.

would you be willing to pay for DLC costumes for non-ninja robot characters?

Well ninja's were easy to swap around. So they were free.

would you be willing to pay for DLC costumes for non-ninja robot characters?

It depends completely on the costume for me.

I'd pay for MK1 retros for Kang, Johnny, Sonya, and Kano but I wouldn't pay for MK2 and MK3 retros except MK3 Stryker.

I'd want the curly hair and everything :laugh:

Backwards cap 8)

Eh, no more DLC. Probably gonna be DLC in the next MK game, and when that game comes out, use that DLC.

Eh, no more DLC. Probably gonna be DLC in the next MK game, and when that game comes out, use that DLC.

gonna be a long time considering they are working on Injustice now.

Before that game was announced and when I thought MK10 was around the corner, I too thought it would be best just to wait for MK10 instead of having more DLC. But now I feel they have kinda abandoned a potentially huge game and missed their opprotunity to expand it. I think we should get more now that we are waiting for MK10.