marcus fenix may be coming to the relm of mortal kombat

Saying that there is no character from any sort of entertainment media that could ever fit in Mortal Kombat is kinda foolish. Face it, MK is strongly influenced of alot of things, it's not like it's the most unique and creative thing ever invented. Alot of things can fit.

But I understand that isnt just the only reason for hatred against guests for alot of people. They just plain dont like guests invading the game which I can agree on. It is gimicky and should be kept out of MK. But people who only use the same excuse "They wouldnt fit" need to stop holding MK's creativity so high. Sure it has it's own creative universe, but it's no star wars universe

I dont think marcus fits to be honest, but there are other movies/games that have had ninjas in them. MK is not the only thing ever created to feature ninjas or mystical elements

There are 5 guests that I wouldn't mind:

1. Imperfect Cell
2. Meta Cooler
3. Captain Falcon
4. Ganondorf
5. Predator

Everyone else can suck a fat one. :)

I hate Kratos in MK.

Like legit hate that shit.

But I could definitely see him as an original character.
He probably would have made his debut in MK:DA.

I said it once, I'll say it again, Spawn as guest, Predator as Cyrax skin.

I hate Kratos in MK.

Like legit hate that shit.

But I could definitely see him as an original character.
He probably would have made his debut in MK:DA.
as much as I hate to admit it, I agree. Kratos does fit in MK. Does that mean I ike the idea of him in the game? No.I hate guests and dont like when banbases are forced to cross with eachother. I wasnt even here on this forum when Kratos was announced but I can only guess it was the same shit being posted over and over again. "Kratos sucks He doesnt fit" While I think Kratos sucks and dont want him in MK, you have to be kidding yourself if you think a bloodthirsty man with blades chained to him doesnt fit. Just admit that you dont like guests. That's what I am admitting to. You dont have to pretend and lie to yourself that they dont fit just because you dont want them in the game

and I take back what I said in my earlier post about marcus not fitting. The more I think about it, Marcus does fit. Sure he is generic as hell, but just take a look at Stryker, Jax, Sonya. Are they somehow more magical and fitting that Marcus?

I'll say it again. I do not want Marcus in this game at all. But him, just like Kratos do in fact fit in the game

I never understood the obsession with guest characters either.
Out of all the people that want / are obsessed over guest characters, how many people (not including AMES) actually MAIN guest characters, in MK9?

If it's a ton of people, I'll shut my mouth, but I HIGHLY doubt it.
Guest characters are nothing more than a gimmick, no offense to those who like them.
People will play them for about a month, get tired of that character, and move on to another MK character on the roster.

^^
I said the same thing about Kratos, and people nearly crucified me for it.
Freddy makes just as much sense as Kratos.
In all honesty, NONE of them belong in MK.

/rant

i'm a huge huge fan of gears of war looks like i'ma have to let the kicking of ass speak for me.thats when i get an xbox again. i did it once i can do it again. Sounds like a good time.

kith-20090920.jpg

So Marcus Fenix is joining us at TRMK?

I personally don't see Marcus fitting.
For only 1 reason, jump kicks.

The man has to be about 300 pounds, plus that super armor he's wearing.
I just can't see him jumping through the air with legs extended.

I could see Skorge from the GOW series as MK9 dlc 100%

skorge-490.jpg

I personally don't see Marcus fitting.
For only 1 reason, jump kicks.

The man has to be about 300 pounds, plus that super armor he's wearing.
I just can't see him jumping through the air with legs extended.

I could see Skorge from the GOW series as MK9 dlc 100%

skorge-490.jpg

NRS would tone him down like they did superman in MKvsDC via storywise.

I could see Skorge as the exclusive for Xbox, he would fit the best in MK of anyone from Gears and I don't think the Epic team wouldn't care about seeing Skorge get mutilated as much as they would about someone like Marcus.

Last edited:
I don't think the Epic team wouldn't care about seeing Skorge get mutilated as much as they would about someone like Marcus.
the fact that they would care at all about marcus getting killed shows that they are pussies. I mean really, cmon now. He's a bunch of pixels

but I dont think they would care really, because the guy gets mutilated in his own games too. So I dont think we have to worry.

probably not

I know gears 3 just came out, which might be a reason people will start suspecting his inclusion, but I dont think that really means anything. Freddy was put in and no one really was into Nightmare on Elm street, as the remake was released a year before mk9

But you never know, if NRS think they can make a quick buck off this (which they probably would) then nothing is stopping them. It's just I strongly doubt they actually care enough about xbox to even bother making him a character

Actually, the real reason the 360 port got no exclusive character, and won't be getting one either, is because WB was under contractual obligations to Sony, and said obligations were not exclusive to MK. The PS3 port of Arkham Asylum got a playable Joker as DLC exclusively for this same reason. As a subsidiary of WB, NRS had no choice but to comply.

Last edited:
the fact that they would care at all about marcus getting killed shows that they are pussies. I mean really, cmon now. He's a bunch of pixels

but I dont think they would care really, because the guy gets mutilated in his own games too. So I dont think we have to worry.

Well yea I agree with you but I can't imagine Marcus jumping around or being agile at all, as many other people have already said, and I just feel Skorge would be a better fit in MK out of anyone from the Gears universe. I just wanted to give another reason Skorge would be a better pick than Marcus.

yeah marcus is pretty fat and it would look wierd for him to jump around like that.

But it's highly unlikley that they would do any more DLC and even more doubtfull that they would choose marcus. And even more doubtfull that they would chose someone less famous like Skorge. So it's just all around not gonna happen with any of these ideas

alright shut the fu<k up no one said he was demanded to be downloaded and u dont have to play with the guest character but ur not ed boon so u cant do shi7 about take ur negativity and make ur own thread about it