Jason and Michael Mysers deconfirmed by Boon? (Hopefully)

MK-TREMOR

In an interview with playstation blog Ed said both Jason and Micheal were considered but felt like Freddy was a better fit for MK. Do you guys think Boon will still include them as future DLC? Do you even want NRS too?

MY OPINION: To be honest I hope they stop this guest character thing. Even though I have the Xbox session pass I will not to DLing Freddy. I personally think it's a dumb idea by NRS. I do understand Ed Boon is a fan of many things such as God of War (Kratos) and DC Comics which is why they made MK vs. DC. If it wasnt for that game WB may have never bought the franchise. So I get where Boons coming from. He probably sees this as a dream come true. He already said in he past he wants to make an MK vs. Street Fighter and Tekken as well. So I'm sure he's just not doing it for the money but I don't like this idea one bit and I hope if theres more DLC that he goes back to doing MK CHARACTERS ONLY haha.....

Heres the link

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/...myers-could-39-ve-been-mortal-kombat-dlc.aspx

UPDATE: This is a link to the full interview with Ed Boon at SDCC

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011...rtal-kombat-secret-origins-of-dlc-characters/

Last edited:
doesn't mean anything....was just an interview. unless they are done with dlc...we can probably except some DLC for haloween.

If this gets characters get realeased then MK will turn into a joke, 2 guests, ok I can somewhat deal with it, 3 guests is retarded, 4 guests means MK desrailed.

Last edited:
i think they had this planned already(alot of characters are done they just wont release them altogether), i wouldnt be surprised if they release a horror movie pakage for halloween. im against guest characters but since we already have freddy i want JASON. its funny because every rumor we've heard from NRS has come true and the more ed boon denies something the more likely it will happen, it feels like ed boon gets nervous and he knows we're on to something so he makes it seem as if it will never happen. so all u tremor fans get ready because he will return.

I hope there arent anymore guests. The guests make MK feel like a non MK/ joke MK game so I prefer no guests at all.

Here's the thing that gets me though: http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/44012/rumor-freddy-and-jason-engage-mortal-kombat

Dead Central released this article in April, the same month MK 9 came out. This is when they (NRS) were already talking about planned DLC characters, how they wanted one new one, two old characters, and a guest character as their content, and how Freddy and Jason were considered for DLC.

This release date was wrong (Halloween) but I figure his source must be pretty trust worthy if they happen to throw Freddy Krueger's name into the bunch, considering he is so far out of the category of Mortal Kombat, and sense no one knew anything about any of the DLC at the time. I agree, just because they said they considered it doesn't mean they'll be in the game, but if they decide to release more DLC, Jason would definitely be a possibility.

i think they had this planned already(alot of characters are done they just wont release them altogether), i wouldnt be surprised if they release a horror movie pakage for halloween. im against guest characters but since we already have freddy i want JASON. its funny because every rumor we've heard from NRS has come true and the more ed boon denies something the more likely it will happen, it feels like ed boon gets nervous and he knows we're on to something so he makes it seem as if it will never happen. so all u tremor fans get ready because he will return.

Its funny that you said that because when Freddy was announced I was thinking about those Tremor tweets on Ed's twitter when a guy asked him is there a reason why you wouldnt consider putting Tremor in? Then Boon said yes because there are many other known MK characters he would rather put in.......Well I guess if that were true he would of selected an MK character for the 4th DLC and not f***ing Freddy! What bothers me the most is this may be the last DLC character...

Last edited:
Michael isn't owned by WB so you can definitely count him out. Jason and Leatherface on the other hand.....

Freddy is mainly there to probably promote a new Nitemare on Elm Street movie most likely
and Jason being added later on will be most likely based on how well freddy does on sales
i doubt that if freddy does badd sales wise they would bring another guest character

If Jason isn't added, I will be very disappointed, but hey I don't have XBL anyway so I guess I can't complain. I personally wanted Jason first. Jason, thats it, MAYBE Freddy, no Micheal, no Leatherface, no Ghostface, no Pinhead..

With how well everyone (outside this forum) has reacted to Freddy, Jason is on his way.

I just really hope they add Ash (Evil Dead) in before they stop with the guest characters.

my veiw is even tho he (or any other horror movie villin) doesnt make sense in mk i dont mind it even if freddy is the last character added. i would prefer to get more established mk characters or new (still mk) characters either way i will add who ever comes out regardless of their story or who they are as long as they play well im fine it keeps it fresh... the way i like to EAT!

Frankly, after the backlash of Freddy I'd be suprised if they did anymore...

But I thought the same thing after Kratos.

Frankly, after the backlash of Freddy I'd be suprised if they did anymore...

But I thought the same thing after Kratos.

If there is one thing I have learned from the Gears of War and Steam Powered Forums, is that any amount of Backlash caused by fans on forums is NOT enough to disrupt the machine that is a Game Developer.

I think the only exception to this is DmC.....

Its funny that you said that because when Freddy was announced I was thinking about those Tremor tweets on Ed's twitter when a guy asked him is there a reason why you wouldnt consider putting Tremor in? Then Boon said yes because there are many other known MK characters he would rather put in.......Well I guess if that were true he would of selected an MK character for the 4th DLC and not f***ing Freddy! What bothers me the most is this may be the last DLC character...

my thoughts exactly. its like NRS decided to ignore fan favorites just to make Freddy possible, its quite frustrating.

i hate having guest characters. all the freddy supporters that say guests don't ruin the game, name me 1 main street fighter or tekken game that had a guest character(not sf x tekken).

Freddy is mainly there to probably promote a new Nitemare on Elm Street movie most likely

Source? as far as i know there is no new Elm Street in the Works (mainly because the last one bombed)
So please stop spreading "hear say - i think - i hope therefore its true" rumors, thanks

I could see why Jason would be implimented after Freddy, but I hope Freddy is the end of the guests now. If people dont like that, then it shows they werent really MK fans in the first place.