The ninjas are the most popular characters

Which is cool (I enjoy playing as Human Reptile here and there) but it's not fair to us who main characters like Johnny or Jax, etc. It might be easier for them, but they should cater to ALL their fans. Not just whichever is easier for them.

The reality is all the other non ninja characters are pretty corny and stupid looking that make silly noises during combos. Sub-Zero, Scorpion, Ermac, Smoke, Noob, Reptile, and Rain are the sheeat of the franchise...Why? Because they are ninjas! All martial arts fighting games can not survive without ninja characters. That silly looking rice farming gog who wears that crash cymbal on his head...i think his name is Raiden.

The reality is all the other non ninja characters are pretty corny and stupid looking that make silly noises during combos. Sub-Zero, Scorpion, Ermac, Smoke, Noob, Reptile, and Rain are the sheeat of the franchise...Why? Because they are ninjas! All martial arts fighting games can not survive without ninja characters. That silly looking rice farming gog who wears that crash cymbal on his head...i think his name is Raiden.

hahaha you know there has to be at least ONE guy that has one of those chinese straw hats xD

Oh, and

This isn't a TRMK meme. There are people called bronies and they chill over at a random place, just /b/ecause.

I see... should've known this was connected with /b/. Thanks for clarifying.

I can't stand 3D fighters as well - And I pray to Boon that he keeps on with the whole 2D thing. But for some reason I forgive MK4... Maybe it's because I like the characters and the story... I don't know.

As for MKvDCU, it wasn't THAT bad. I mean, the 3D combat wasn't as vulgar as MK4-MKA.

MK4 was mostly a 2D fighter. The only thing really 3D about it was the polygons and side-stepping. All of the fighting took place on a 2D plane. The BIGGEST problem I have with MK4 is the weapons. They just ruined the flow of the game for me.

In the MKD, MKDA and MKA are 3D fighters, and the shitty styles BS killed those games.

You can see a lot of similarities between MK2011 and MKvsDCU if you look closely. The new game is faster and doesn't have a 3rd plane, but the normals, combo strings and specials behave a lot like they do in MKvsDCU. You can almost see the franchise evolve from one style in MK4, then to another in MKD then back to an MKII-MK3-MK4 hybrid between MKvsDCU and MK2011.

In all honesty, I can almost see NRS making 2 "variants" of MK - one 2D and a 3D. The only major problem with that is keeping that so many MK fans follow the story and they wouldn't wanna alienate either camp. In perfect world (and this is solely my opinion), the next game would be a Shaolin Monks style adventure game. (Fire and Ice, anyone?)

Last edited:
I see... should've known this was connected with /b/. Thanks for clarifying.

Lol, no problem.

In perfect world (and this is solely my opinion), the next game would be a Shaolin Monks style adventure game. (Fire and Ice, anyone?)
I agree with this. Loved Shaolin Monks.

the true face of mk
Screen-shot-2011-04-11-at-5.36.13-PM1.png

lol J/K guys

look at his face and tell me if it looks like he care's about ur vomit.

always funny to poke fun at u guys but in actuality i would have to go with scorpion he's clearly ed's favorite and therefore the posterboy of the franchise.

aside from him i would say sub zero they've killed him three times and will most likely bring him back not to mention he has been the only character to have his own video game.

look at his face and tell me if it looks like he care's about ur vomit.

always funny to poke fun at u guys but in actuality i would have to go with scorpion he's clearly ed's favorite and therefore the posterboy of the franchise.

aside from him i would say sub zero they've killed him three times and will most likely bring him back not to mention he has been the only character to have his own video game.

Wrong my friend, Jax had his own game and not to forget Liu Kang and Kung Lao's Shaolin Monk adventure game...Other than that you pretty much right. I just dunno if the OP included the cyborgs, they also ninja and are also very popular among non hardcore fans...

mkmsz is the only game made specifically for sub zero the other two were made to include others sm and special forces unless i'm mistaken included a two player mode.

kang and lao both in mksm
jax and sonya were both usable in special forces
and sub zero still remains the only character to have his "own" successful video game.

Last edited:
Excuse me for not keeping up on my nerd lingo, won't happen again. And WOW that's awesome dude! What gave you the idea that I give a ****? That doesn't mean your right in any way, shape, or form.

Talking about nerd stuff, but you are also sitting here in a MK Forum... you are too cool for your age it seems. Don't know what gives you the right to be taht cool with your 18y. Most here played the Game when you weren't even born, boy.

Hey, I watched the first two Levels of MKM:SZ yesterday, and I have to ask:

When you say "Bi Han said that they were not Ninjas!", do you mean the beginning of the second level? Because he definately meant "We are not MERE ninja! We are Lin Qui, the scariest Ninja around!"

Or at least that's what I took out of his tone.

Talking about nerd stuff, but you are also sitting here in a MK Forum... you are too cool for your age it seems. Don't know what gives you the right to be taht cool with your 18y. Most here played the Game when you weren't even born, boy.
Chillax dude, no one cares whether you are born in pre-historic times or not. And also have the basic courtesy of looking into who you are talking too before using big words.

Hey, I watched the first two Levels of MKM:SZ yesterday, and I have to ask:

When you say "Bi Han said that they were not Ninjas!", do you mean the beginning of the second level? Because he definately meant "We are not MERE ninja! We are Lin Qui, the scariest Ninja around!"

Or at least that's what I took out of his tone.

In this "Behind the Scenes" video, Tobias says that the chinese Lin Kuei claimed to have existed before the japanese Ninja.

Sub-Zero may be insulted at being called a Ninja because "We were here first - The Ninja are just trying to imitate us."

The ninja's all have a cool factor and sweet special moves, but for me I love every character and their moves. I hope they make Klassics for all *free* I've seen plenty of Shang Tsung players and they freakin kick ass. I would love a klassic johnny cage, even though his thug lyfe tat cracks me up, I just can't stand using that outfit because of his freakin moon boots.

Do you know what is worse than ponies and saying "this"?

The 2 pages off-topic we have here.

Not trying to act like a mod or anything, I just want this to stop.
This is why we have a report button.

Cut the stupid pony talk, people. Posts deleted. If you want to talk about an unfunny meme, go to Just Talk. Sick of seeing this stuff get into MK discussion threads.

Infractions next time. Enough people have complained about the overuse of these pictures. This isn't 4chan.

~Thanks =)