As promised, I made my way to the Nintendo Cube Club
again this week to play some more Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance
. I decided to see what new stuff we could discover on the way of Fatalities
and Game Endings
. We found that after losing to the computer opponent two times in a row will USUALLY trigger a Fatality. This time we saw Fatalities for Shang Tsung
, Bo' Rai Cho
and Kung Lao
. But both Moloch
and Quan Chi
would not do a Fatality no matter how many times we died against them.
- Shang Tsung's Fatality is the same one we've seen before in the video, where he does a few telekinetic slams on the victim and then jumps up onto the victim and steals their victim's soul.
- In Kung Lao's Fatality, Kung Lao steps back and throws his hat at the victim at a vertical angle. The hat hits his victim in the head and seems to go quite deep into the victim's skull. This causes the victim to fall down. Kung Lao then walks over and steps down onto his victim forcing his hat to spring back up into his hand, at which time he places it back onto his head.
- Bo' Rai Cho's Fatality starts off by him doing a few sumo-like stomps backwards. After backing up fairly large amount, he just runs at his opponent and does a huge jump up into and does a belly smash on the victim breaking them into many pieces along with a huge pool of blood.
While trying to discover fatalities, we also decided to try to beat the game. We ended up defeating the game with Bo' Rai Cho
. Here are a few details about the single player ladder and the game's endings.
- As stated many times before, Moloch is indeed the sub-boss of the game. He comes before Shang Tsung and Quan Chi, in that order. But it is been rumored that those two switch positions in the order at the top. So this may differ randomly or by your player chosen at the start of the ladder.
- Moloch continues in the styles of the past sub-bosses to where he is very big, takes little damage and delivers lots of damage. He attacks mostly with his ball in his hand, but at times will do a move where he sucks air into his mouth which will pull you at him, which he follows up with a quick smash with the ball. He also has a few charge moves where all three eyes glow red. He is also immune to some special moves, like Scorpion's Raise Hell Fire and Bo' Rai Cho's puke move. Scorpion's spear does damage him, but Scorpion can't pull in.
- Spoilers Begin Here, Highlight the black area below with your mouse to read the spoilers...
After you beat the game, you are presented with a CHAMPION sign with an MK Dragon logo with a picture of Quan and Shang dead at the bottom. It is then followed by your character's ending story.
- Ending Stories are no longer acted out like in MK4, but rather is a MK1-MK3 style ending. The ending is presented with a few pre-rendered pictures along with a voice reading off the story at the bottom 1/2 of the screen. I like this ending style better because it tells you more of what's going on over a longer period of time, instead of a quick 30 seconds of something happening. I think this was mostly a time issue rather than a drive space issue.
- Bo' Rai Cho's Ending tells how he and his former student Kung Lao together defeated the Deadly Alliance of Quan Chi and Shang Tsung. And because of his victory he finds a new meaning to life and returns to training fighters at the side of his old student Kung Lao. It also mentions something along the lines of how he also turned down a more important role as a guardian in another realm because he prefers the Earth Realm's Rice
Wine over the other realm's Liquor.
I am still working on getting all the questions that you, the readers, sent in to me. I will make an update at the end of the weekend concerning all questions, so keep sending me questions via email.