Here are some of the details Ed Boon is giving out right now at irc.thethreshold.com
in channel #MortalKombat
- MK5 will not make 2001.
- If we don't have it by 2002...we are in serious trouble.
- The only certain character is of course Scorpion. But with Scorpion, one can expect Sub-Zero.
- We are still in the early preliminary stages.
- Well you can throw everything you know about MK out the window, cause we are using a completely different fighting engine.
- Characters will absolutely show wear and tear as a fight progresses.
- MK5 the game will not be playable at E3.
- MK5 will introduce new plot lines, as well as continuing some of the classic stories.
- The weapon system will be much more elaborate then in MK4.
- The console versions will be DVD, so memory will not be a problem.
- I think you'll be surprised as to how soon you will see images for the next Mortal Kombat.
- Expect a teaser within the next few months.
The chat has now concluded. The entire transcript is available here