- This is code version 2.0 NOT 1.74 (as previously reported) sorry for the misinformation before, this means that most likely the game has allready been shipped nationwide. There is a rumor that Dennis Marsh's (of ActiveMK4) arcade in New Jersey had the "new version" in today, and he went to check it out more info from him tomorrow.
- All storylines are in, we'll work on getting the full text of them soon. Reiko's starts with "Once a general in Shinnok's armies." and Tanya's says she is the daughter of Edenia's embassador to new realms.
- Jarek's alternate uniform is a Red vest and Brown pants.
- Fujin has a new lift effect, not debris but now a tornado like effect.
- Reptile's Crawl is now B, F, LK
- Reiko's Shuriken throw is D, F, LP not D, B that was just a bad typo on my part.
- Kai seems to no longer have the leg throw with LK when on his hands anymore, it just kicks them now.
- Maximum Damage, which was mentioned earlier, basically when your combo is between 40% and 50% it knocks you backwards to the ground along with your opponent and a big MAXIMUM DAMAGE logo pops up onto the screen. I don't like this idea because I think they should have reduced some damage of some moves alot more and removed some ways you can combo so we don't have to worry about a damage limit on combos, so we can have some fun finding some really skillfull combos in the game without being stopped by the computer. If you dislike this idea I suggest you let the design team know of this, so they know the general population of MK4 players don't like the idea.
- Raiden's Fatality Changes - Now the camera is at slightly different angles and also shows the head bounce a few times and then shows Raiden breathing heavily after the fatal with blood and body parts all around him.
- Also Scorpion's Fatal was spotted by an arcade goer, as to previous reports he does remove his mask and spit fire onto his opponent, who then quickly runs around in circles and then just stops and falls into a curled ball and remains on fire, but charred.
- Raiden's Ending - Raiden is shown flying upwards in a blue sky with white clouds everywhere, then he stops and a God's face is seen in a cloud and begins to talk to Raiden. The God tells Raiden he has done well in defeating Shinnok for the second time, and now he must choose a sucessor to the title of Earth Realm protector. Raiden then choses Fujin.
- Sonya's Ending - Sonya is seen ontop of a cliff with Jarek. Sonya tells Jarek he must come back with her to Earth, Jarek starts to talk and walks towards Sonya, backing her to the edge of the cliff, Jarek says he doesn't want to go and doesn't want her turning him into the special forces and that the Black Dragon lives on. The camera zooms out with a DUH DUH to show Sonya right on the edge of the cliff from a farther view, and then it zooms back in. Sonya tells Jarek that the Black Dragon died along with Kano, Jarek screams NO! and charges at Sonya, who quickly sidesteps. She then pulls out her radio and contacts Jax who then says "Glad To Hear You're Still Alive" and she walks off.
- Jarek's Ending - Sonya is seen ontop of a cliff with Jarek. Sonya tells Jarek he must come back with her to Earth, Jarek starts to talk and walks towards Sonya, backing her to the edge of the cliff, Jarek says he doesn't want to go and doesn't want her turning him into the special forces and that the Black Dragon lives on. The camera zooms out
with a DUH DUH to show Sonya right on the edge of the cliff from a farther view, and then it zooms back in. Sonya tells Jarek that the Black Dragon died along with Kano, Jarek screams NO! and charges at Sonya, who quickly sidesteps. She then pulls out her radio and contacts Jax as Jarek is seen from the side of the cliff, who then grabs Sonya's ankle and throws her over. Then you can hear Jax talking over the radio saying "Sonya? Sonya Ya There?" Jarek gets on his feet and it shows a view of Jarek's feet smashing the radio and then you can hear him laughing.
- Kai's Ending - Kai is seen on the edge of a cliff, Raiden appears and tells Kai he is now able to become a Shaolin Warrior, but Kai declines the offer because he wants to travel the Earth in a search for his soul. Raiden in turns tells Kai to take his staff, which Raiden says is the staff of thunder and lightning and holds the key to immortality. Kai gratefully accepts the gift.
- Tanya's Ending - Leads Liu down a hall saying Raiden is waiting, and to forget the others. At the end is the "furnace" stage and Tanya says she doesn't see what Kitana saw in him, then says that it is a trap. You then see Quan Chi and Shinnok, who is floating, they talk of ruling all the realms and that Liu will die. Liu then yells NO! and does a flying kick at Shinnok and quickly explodes from touching Shinnok.
- Liu Kang's Ending - Liu is seen bowing inside the Shaolin Temple stage. He then starts a pray for not being able to save Edenia and Kitana. Then a portal opens in front of him and Kitana (Tanya wearing a black Kitana outfit, different than Tanya's) walks through. Liu is wondering how she survived and she tells him when he destroyed Shinnok he saved both Realms, Edenia and Earth. Then she asks him since she is heir to the throne of Edenia if he would like to rule by her side. He declines her offer and she leaves, and after she leaves he says "Goodbye Princess Kitana"
- Quan Chi's Ending - Shinnok is floating and thanking Quan Chi for his services and then says "For your services I grant you existance." Quan is very upset at this because he expected he'd get the position of arch-sorcerer. Quan gets angry with his "gift" because without him Shinnok would still be in the Netherealm. Shinnok tells Quan that he shouldn't question him, and that him being spared should be enough. Quan keeps yelling and then Shinnok fires a energy ball at Quan which just disappears like Quan Chi has a shield, Shinnok is puzzled to why he wasn't killed. Quan Chi then reveals that HE has the amulet and what Shinnok has is an exact duplicate that he made and gave to him long time ago. Quan then kills Shinnok with an energy ball and rules all the realms.
- Reptile's Ending - Reptile is talking (sounds like a Lizzard talking should) to Quan Chi saying now that he served Shinnok well, he wants to have Shinnok send him back in time to his world before Shao Kahn destoyed it. Quan thinks this is not a request he should make of his all powerful Master, Reptile keeps on saying he deserves this because he served him well and did what he was told too. Shinnok then appears inbetween Quan and Reptile and starts to yell at Reptile about how he can't ask for such things. Shinnok then picks up Reptile into the air from his neck and Reptile starts to sound as if he is whinning and asking just for what he was promised. Shinnok says he is not a god of his words and then kills Reptile.
- Reiko's Ending - Reiko appears in an empty arena and a portal opens and he walks through it. Thats all really.
- Found the rest of the Alternate Color Codes thanks to Hi Tech Gaming because I didn't have any two player games, which means we think they only work in two player games. I got it to work once in a one player game but it was after the two player game and the opponent didn't continue and I got to reselect it let me flip the icon but the alternate outfit only lasted for one round. So if we are guessing right these buttons COULD be the three b
uttons that are used for the character's fatality.
Kai: Hold Start, HP+BL+LK
Raiden: Hold Start, LP+BL+HK
Shinnok: Hold Start, HP+BL+LP
Liu Kang: Hold Start, HK+BL+LK
Reptile: Hold Start, LP+BL+LK
Scorpion: Hold Start, HP+HK+BL
Jax: Hold Start, RN+LP+BL
Reiko: Hold Start, RN+HP+LK
Johnny Cage: Hold Start, RN+LP+LK
Jarek: Hold Start, HK+HP+RN
Tanya: Hold Start, HK+LK+HP
Fujin: Hold Start, LP+HP+HK
Sub-Zero: Hold Start, RN+BL+HP
Quan Chi: Hold Start, HP+RN+HK
Sonya: Hold Start, LK+HP+RN