As previously mentioned, Mortal Kombat (2011)
features a system that allows NetherRealm Studios
to tweak gameplay parameters remotely from their online servers without needing to issue a full patch to the game. After a month of the fighting game's public release, NRS
has identified several places where characters needed to be tweaked to keep the game as balanced as possible.
Last night, NRS
released a hotfix to their servers labeled Ver. 0.127S-208-FD70F4B3 (Xbox 360) / Ver. 0.127S-208-A0FAD3CF (PS3)
. In order to receive this hotfix, you will need to be signed into Xbox Live
when you start up the game. The hotfix will download when the game's "Checking online for new features" popup appears at the main title screen when you press start for the first time. You will not be prompted to download a title update.
Here are the list of changes detailed on the official hotfix notes thread
- Reduced some of Kung Lao’s combo and overall damage.
- Reduced the damage on some special moves.
- Increased the damage scaling after Kitana’s Enhanced ground fan toss.
- Adjusted some juggle’s damage scaling.
- Reduced the damage on some basic combos that were doing too much damage without using any meter.
- Increased Sheeva’s damage output for several of her moves and attacks.
- Temporarily Changed around some of Sonya’s fighting style properties to reduce her ability to lock someone down in block stun.
- Changed Kano’s Towards Front Kick to a low block.
- Reduced the recovery on Kano’s Upball to be closer to Johnny Cage’s Flip Kick recovery.
- Increased the damage of some of Baraka’s special moves and attacks.
- It is easier to juggle combo after hitting someone with Baraka’s chopchop on the ground.
- Increased the damage scaling on a frozen opponent.
- Baraka’s Away Front Kick, Front Punch combo is now a true popup.