Who's REALLY interesting in KP2?

You forgot to mention the jack@ss who threatened to rape their family if Reiko wasn't in. Seriously? Shave your f'ing neckbeard! :laugh:

Yeah, forgot about that 1 douche.
That douche is the reason that Shaun Himmerick (@lover_of_tacos) quit Twitter. :(

EDIT:

SFV is officially confirmed for release on February 16th, so I imagine that KP2 will be out in Q1 2016 to try to compete.

Last edited:
Rumor on the web (or at least on the PlayStation Twitch channel) is that SFV's release date is February 16th.

So, I'm guessing that NRS will try to compete with that date to start to have KP2 characters released.
Which means they need to get KP2 out in its entirety before Christmas if they actually are serious about competing with SF5.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

Damn!!!! Seriously??????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unfortunately, yes. On twitter, someone threatened to rape Shaun Himmerick's wife and daughter over Reiko not being in the game. I think he was a member here too. Some people shouldn't be allowed to have internet access.

Unfortunately, yes. On twitter, some threatened to rape Shaun Himmerick's wife and daughter over Reiko not being in the game. I think he was a member here too. Some people shouldn't be allowed to have internet access.
I do remember that asshole's twitter handle, too. His Twitter account was gone literally within minutes.

You forgot to mention the jack@ss who threatened to rape their family if Reiko wasn't in. Seriously? Shave your f'ing neckbeard! :laugh:
Hopefully they wouldn't take it too seriously to the point where they won't put a character in the game just because of 1 insane douche bag, he doesn't represent any MK fan but himself.

Hopefully they wouldn't take it too seriously to the point where they won't put a character in the game just because of 1 insane douche bag, he doesn't represent any MK fan but himself.

Hopefully not. But if they did out of spite, then Reiko's fan can thank him for that.

There's always one bad apple ruining things for everyone else.

Oh, you should've seen how furious I was at that asshole when he made that threat! I wanted to know where he lived so I could pour Ammonia and Bleach on him (do NOT mix those two at home...your science teachers told you that you're not supposed to be mixing chemicals to begin with).

Just found this on deviantart haha. Never would happen, but it would be cool.

mortal_kombat_x___lord_voldemort_fake__by_shizzyzzzzzzart-d85k9mb.png

Last edited:
I'm sure Himmerick was going to leave twitter anyways, being hounded with so many questions/requests. Unfortunately, this is not the first time that a fan lashed out at a dev for not making the game they want. It's more likely to be hollow threats rather than being like Anne Wilkes, but such behavior is going to create a rift between consumers and developers.

Last edited:
I dunno.
Himmerick, Boon, Rigo, Tyler and the other NetherRealm guys on Twitter have been asked so many other things and have been requested much more from the fans, over the years, and they've taken it in stride.
None of the requests seemed to be "leave"-worthy.
It's the territory that comes with being a game dev in the digital age of "social" media.

Making threats to the safety of your own family, though, (despite how serious or not the guy was) is a perfectly justifiable reason for leaving and it's crossing the line.

Seriously. If you're going to threaten rape, at the very least do it over a character like Sektor. Supply and demand my dude, it's gotta balance out.

Don't get me wrong, that guy who made the threat was a jerkass. However, it's one guy who disappeared as quickly as he appeared. More likely than not he's full of hot air. There are people who had it much worse, getting flooded with threatening emails and even phone calls. I think Himmerick was tired of interacting on Twitter and found the perfect excuse to leave. Even friendlier interactions from fans can be tiring over time, especially when one is busy and or simply has better things to do.

If anyone threatened my wife and daughter because of a video game character not being in the game, I'd trace their IP, find them and beat their ass. You don't joke about that. Especially over a video game.

I never will get the appeal of Twitter. I don't have one, I'll never get one. The way I've seen this fan base react on Boon's Twitter is just really freaking odd. I totally get Himmerick leaving, even if it really wasn't the threat that was the final straw.

Twitter works well for marketing and drawing up business.
I used to ask Boon questions on Twitter, but with him constantly getting bombarded I didn't want to be 1 of those people any longer.
I still ask Harvey Smith and Raf Colantonio questions from time to time (for Dishonored and Dishonored 2 info), but I do it sparingly (once or twice in a month) so that I don't come off as an annoying fan.
I know that these devs are busy making my favorite games, so getting harassed / bombarded on social media is probably something they really don't care for, despite some of those questions being good questions.

I don't get twitter either. I understand the use of it from a company point of view. But following other people? Do I really need to know Jimmy stopped at popeye's chicken otw home?

There is a character limit so you can't have any meaningful discussion really. So minor updates from people like Game Developers or movie directors makes sense.

Jim updating that he is walking his dog again, to his 2 followers seems dumb.

It's just useless media outside of companies using it to talk to consumers imo.

Brutalities:

* Kitana (Mournful Variation) does her Sraff Grab to RIP THE OPPONENT'S UPPER TORSO OFF.

* Kitana (Mournful Variation) does her Shadow Kick to KICK THE UPPER TORSO OFF.

* Quan Chi's Fortress should have the hammer smash the opponent's head into pieces.

New Moves:

* Mileena (Ethereal) does the Sai Toss (even the enhanced version) and then when pressing the block button, she teleports and does a rolling attack on the opponent's chest, knocking him off his feet (like the way Kano does) and it should also be available she doing the Sai Toss in the air (the same with the enhanced version).

* Kitana (Mournful) should have Jade's Staff Overhead.

Costumes:
* UMK3 Kitana and/or a Jade Skin
* UMK3 Mileena
* MK4 Primary Tanya and/or MKD Primary Tanya
* Kintaro skin for Goro.
* Noob Saibot skin for Sub-Zero.

Characters:
* Li Mei
* Sareena
* Nitara
* Sindel