We know the Roster! List your mains, casuals, and characters you wont use.

Oh lord, here comes to post with people having a 1000 mains and mastering none.
Right? lol

I don't mean to criticize the way people play, but the term 'main' loses all purpose and meaning when there's 10 of them.

I don't have the mental fortitude to learn more than 2-3 characters, so that's what I'll stick with. I'll try to learn some BnBs for most of the cast to have random fun online, but that isn't learning a character by any means.

Right? lol

I don't mean to criticize the way people play, but the term 'main' loses all purpose and meaning when there's 10 of them.

I don't have the mental fortitude to learn more than 2-3 characters, so that's what I'll stick with. I'll try to learn some BnBs for most of the cast to have random fun online, but that isn't learning a character by any means.

Same here. The most I'll learn is 3 or 4 characters. I don't see why people throw out "Mains" like it's nothing. I'll prolly sandbag with characters I like in the story but not take the time to learn how to use them.

Mains:

1. Mileena
2. Kenshi

Characters I will try to get good with and use as alternates

3. Kitana
4. D'Vorah
5. Kung Jin
6. Tanya
7. Shinnok
8. Jacqui
9. Takeda

main:

erron black (we haven't seen him, but i can guess exactly how he plays..my guess is, moderately fast, lots of juggles, and definitely a chuck norris roundhouse kick)

takahashi
kotal
tremor (because why not)
scorpion

casual:

jason
predator
kenshi
quan

wont use:

any female characters
ferra torr
jax
kung jin
cage

Mains:

Sub Zero
Quan Chi
Raiden

Casual:

Ermac
Tremor
Shinnok
Johnny Cage
Kitana

No interest / Never use outside of challenge tower etc:

Jason
Jax
Jacqueline Briggs
Cassie
Kung Jin
D'Vorah
Ferra/Torr
Goro

I'd hate to be Debbie Downer here but is it really smart to say who your mains or casuals will be when we DON'T know the roster. You can claim to know it all you want but the fact of the matter is that everyone said Tanya wasn't going to be in it, as well as Tremor. Furthermore, Predator was suspected to be playable but not confirmed until very recently. I can appreciate the insight people are trying to share and attempting to predict stuff in a game is fun sometimes but shouldn't this question be asked after the game is released since there's probably a lot of stuff we don't truly know about it?

Main:
Ravenous Mileena
Assassin Kitana

Secondary:
Grand Master Subz
SR Takeda

Of course I'll learn the other variations, but I'll put most of my time into the ones listed above.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I tend to choose the random select option, because I'm indifferent to the idea of having primary characters. I'm more on the casual side, so all characters are welcome.

GET OUT OF MY HEAD [MENTION=18253]Lord Greyjoy[/MENTION]! GET OUT OF MY HEAD!

Kano - My god. I didn't even like him in MK9, but he looks and looks to play amazing in this game. His variation trailer sold me. Also, I've come to appreciate his rude, rugged personality; it's a lot of fun. Cutthroat looks like an easy space control variation with solid BnBs, but I'm also interested in Commando, since the command grab animations are sublime. I've never played a grappler before, but this looks like a great place to start.

All of this, to the letter. Almost definite main.

Takeda - His Spider-Man-sounding voice actor sucks, but the Metal Gear Solid look hits home for me and feels very unique for MK. But hot damn that gameplay. He's got that cool factor I haven't felt since MK9 Kenshi. Whips and pulse blades making for sweet-looking combos. Lasher variant is my favorite because of its insane reach and flashy combos.

I haven't yet purchased a ticket for the Takeda voice/dialogue hate train, but everything else here I can get behind. Undecided between Shirai Ryu and Lasher. High chance of main.

Kotal Kahn - My favorite new character in terms of personality and looks. Unfortunately, I'm not a fan of the way he plays. The totem variation: I just don't care for buffs. The command grab variation: doesn't seem fun to me to keep trying to use the same grab on someone all game. The saving grace is the War God variation. That's the only one that I find myself liking, but even then I still need to give it a try.

Also all of these things.

And basically agreed on Mileena, Kenshi, Erron Black... replace Subz with Scorp for me, and give me some Johnny Cage. Shinnok is very intriguing. I need to see some gameplay ASAP.

My mains:

Sub Zero
Takahashi Takeda
Scorpion
Kenshi
Erron Black

Casuals:

Goro
Ermac
Johnny Cage
Liu Kang
Raiden
Predator
Spawn
Tremor
Jason Voorhees

Will never use:

Kitana
Mileena
Jacqueline Briggs
Sonya Blade
Cassie Cage
Tanya
D-vorah
Kung Jin
Kung Lao
Kotal Kahn
Ferra/Torr
Shinnok
Jax
Reptile
Kano
Quan Chi

Last edited:
Mains:
Kung Lao
Kitana

Casuals:
Ermac
Takeda
Mileena
Kung Jin
Quan Chi
Kotal Kahn

There are really no characters I'd say I'll never ever use. Maybe Jason, if I end up buying the kombat pack.

D'vorah - UGH! WORST CHARACTER IN THE HISTORY OF MK. GTF OUT OF HERE.

That's the most stupid thing I have read this week.

You make like D'Vorah or not, but she's not the worst char ever, she's original with a unique gimmick that puts her above a lot of already existing chars that are nothing more than copycats or generic fighters.

Besides, you can't say that when we had characters like Mokap, Kobra, Meat and Kira...

Definite Mains
Johnny
D'Vorah

Possible Mains
Sonya
Tanya

Casuals
Cassie
Takeda
Kano
Ferra/Torr

Nopes
Ermac
Reptile

-Johnny was a main in MK9, along with Sonya. It looks like he plays similar to MK9, so I have no doubt he will be a main.
-D'Vorah is astounding; everything about her is. When they showed her at E3, she was an instant main.

-Sonya was a main in MK9; we haven't seen much of her gameplay, so I'm not sure if I'm going to main her yet.
-Tanya; I have no clue why I like her so much, but I kicked ass with her in Deception. I also dig her overall character.

-Cassie is the child of my 2 favorites; there is no doubt I'm going to use her. She won't be a main, though, because her overall gameplay doesn't intrigue me as much as some other characters.
-Takeda blew my socks off when I saw his gameplay, but I'm not sure if it'll work out. If I'm going to reconsider any character becoming a main, it'll be him.
-Kano also blew my socks off (Commando variation anyways). I rewatched his gameplay trailer over and over again. I'm not going to dedicate as much time to learning him for him to be a main, though.
-Ferra/Torr look a bit difficult to learn. I just don't see them playing the way I like my characters to play, yet I really like them. I'm definitely going to learn them, but they aren't main material for me.

-Ermac; if I play Ermac, it'll be so I can perform his Fatality on a friend just to show them...
-Reptile; the only thing about him that interests me is his fate in story mode, hopefully death (like it even matters).

Last edited:
My real mains
Sub-Zero
Kenshi
Takeda

Secondary mains
D'Vorah
Scorpion
Tremor

Casuals
Kitana
Ermac
Raiden

Gonna try
Reptile
Mileena
Erron

Never gonna use
Jason
Kano
Sonya
Tanya
Jax
Jacqui
Liu Kang

That's the most stupid thing I have read this week.

You make like D'Vorah or not, but she's not the worst char ever, she's original with a unique gimmick that puts her above a lot of already existing chars that are nothing more than copycats or generic fighters.

Besides, you can't say that when we had characters like Mokap, Kobra, Meat and Kira...

Something being unique simply does not make it better than something else due to lack of originality. Kobra and kira had bad moves but their designs weren't bad at all. Meat isnt even a character forreal hes just s joke. So is mokap. D'vorah's gimmick, personality, voice, and moves all suck. And hes design is ugly as hell and she still looks completely out of place compared to everyone else. She looks like she should be fighting batman. Not scorpion.

Okay. Well, I divided the characters into 4 groups: mains (will play most of the time & try to master), casuals (will play often & try to learn basics), occasionally (will play every now and then for variety & fun), will try/won't use (will try them out, but will rarely use them since they don't appeal to me gameplay wise)

Mains
Sub-Zero
Cassie Cage
Takashi Takeda
Mileena
Erron Black (no gameplay yet; probably)
Tremor (no gameplay yet; probably)
Shinnok (no gameplay yet; probably)

Casuals
Johnny Cage
Kitana
Sonya Blade (no gameplay yet; probably)