We demand Hara Kiri!

I like the idea of Hara-Kiri's, since it would add a layer of difficulty to the fatalities. But, I'm not so sure it's a good idea. The one doing the Hara-Kiri would have a huge edge since they don't have to make sure they're in the right spot. They're just *BAM*, imput, I win. But they didn't really win the match so it's a tough call.

On a related note, I don't think Cyber Sub dies in his fatality. I think he just teleports away with their torso.

if they were to bring hara kiri's back a way to balance them out against fatalitys is
1:they won't show the input in the moves list for them and
2:extent the input lenth the basic fatality input is 4 directional steps then a button input,for hara kiri's maybe 8 directional inputs and 2 buttons at the same time,maybe restrict the time they have for the hara kiri's they get 4 seconds to put it in then they can't do it leaving the rest of the time for the winner to perform the fatality

I would hate Hara-Kiri's because they only fatality you would be able to perform would be Freddy's first since it can be performed from any distance. Your opponent would just always Hara-Kiri themselves when you try to do all the others

The hell with it, next thing we see is great MK turning into that crap 3d was made once upon a time.
The game was based on retro MK's thats why it brought big success imo.

Hara Kiri's were awesome in deception. Imagine how they would look in mk9:

Scorpion:
Throws sword in the air and lets it impale his face

Kano:
Pulls out his heart and falls to his knees

Kung Lao:
Throws hat in the air and falls back down cutting Lao completely in half

Jax:
Punches his head from both sides letting it explode with blood

Sektor:
Aims missile's at himself

Stryker:
Holds grenade in the air and stays still until the grenade explodes leaving an arm on the ground

Nightwolf:
Tomahawk's himself

Liu Kang:
Rips his head off

Kitana:
Throws both fans in the air letting them come back down to chop off both arms.

Jade:
Impales herself with her own pole

Shang Tsung:
Lets his captured souls loose allowing them to destroy him

Johnny cage:
Split kick himself in the face a couple of times until it falls off

Sub Zero:
Freezes himelf on the head. Falls down to the ground letting it collide with the ground leaving Zero with no head

Kabal:
Hookswords his liver. then falls back leaving blood everywhere

Hope these werent too bad lol. just thought of these from the top of my head ;)

Ha ha i got a funny kung lao one:
He throws his hat in the ground like in his razors edge fatality and he runs and slides through it

One thing that I'm wondering is boon said they ran out of time with brutalities but they had a promising system in place and it was looking good. Time was the issue.

So, why can't they just finish working on them and release it as dlc? Games been out since April. 4 months would b great extra time to finish the brutalities system and release it as dlc is it not?

One thing that I'm wondering is boon said they ran out of time with brutalities but they had a promising system in place and it was looking good. Time was the issue.

So, why can't they just finish working on them and release it as dlc? Games been out since April. 4 months would b great extra time to finish the brutalities system and release it as dlc is it not?

Friendships > Brutalities