TRMK Matchup Discussions

@N9, what do you mean Sektor has to use meter to get on top of his opponent?

The only way I know of that puts you right on top of the other player after a combo 100% of the time is combo into ex tele forward 44

@Critical-Limit Okay calm down dog. I didn't read the OP the Thread title is very misleading no need to bite ones head off.

BTW I made that thread with the SAME chart......

Anyway.

Sektor's Forward2 is advantage on hit and 0 on block. It moves him about as far as a jump in. It's extremely useful but Mileena's down 4 will beat it every time.

Robo Sektor can only get like 23% punish on a blocked tele or roll. Human can get slightly more because of his his box on 122. I think it's like 30%.

They both only have armor on their X-Rays. They both have risky wake up games that can be safe with meter(I know ex tele isn't 100% safe but it's a pain to punish).

Sektor has to be really careful with zoning because if mileena guesses right or reacts "It's big trouble in little china" for sektor.

They both have low hitboxes.

They both have hella damage.

They both have ways to end combos on top of the opponent. But Sektor has to use meter.

I had no hostility man I was just letting you know what's up.

My avatar probably makes all my posts seem 20x more serious now.

Still can't believe Sektor doesn't have armor on EX Flame.

I don't know shit about footsies, because I don't care about them, but when someone knows the Sektor matchup and continually blocks low, I just go in with my dash d3 dash d3 spam. I've practiced it so much its insane. I throw in uppercuts too. They have nice pushback on block and will kill them if they jump.

That won't work though, D3 is -8 on block. that's a free counter poke if they block it because mose people's pokes come out ATLEAST in 7frames.

It's a good check, but back to back spam you're gonna easily give them a free poke back for advantage then you're back on defense. Obviously if they block your D3, then stand up and try to do something that whiff's a ducking person or is slower than -15 startup. You'll get them again.

Also I agree with Kazoo, 7 days for discussion is pretty dumb when you, Vital & I are the only ones contributing.

That makes it even more so that it needs to be that long if only us 3 are discussing. Because there is ALOT to talk about.

Like what you just mentioned. I'm just now telling you D3 spam won't work against a really smart opponent. But once you get them to believe you spam D3. you can do a single D3 on hit and get a free grab right after if they wait to block the second. or maybe even go for your overhead if your feeling good about it.

But getting that free pressure after only ONE d3, can only be obtained by making them believe you won't stop D3'ing them until they block. Which is a conditioner. but if they guess right, you lose your offense and submit it to your opponent.

Sekor doesn't have any normals that are plus on block. His Up and Homing missiles are but you have to use sets ups.

Mileena's leg thing (up4 I think) is like +9

Sektor has a lot of nuetral advantage safe stuff on block.

Green= Safe or possibly good for pressure (as long as you check them afterwards with a down low poke, or your 1,2,B1.(Once you choose this though you lose your pressure))

red= Probably need to block right after, or take your chances ducking a high and going for a poke. or call out their slow start up string and poke anyways.
1 - 0
1,1 - 0
1,1,B+1 - 0
1,2 - 0

1,2,2 - -9
1,2,4 - -10
1,2,B+1 - -3

1,3 - 0
2 - 0
2,1 - 0
2,1,4 - 0
3 - 0

D+1 - -15
D+2 - -3
D+3 - -8

D+4 - 0
B+1 - 0

B+2 - -10
B+2,1 - -4

B+3 - 0
B+3,4 - 0

B+4 - -2
F+2 - 0
F+2,B+1 - -31
F+4 - 0
F+4,3 - 0
F+4,4 - 0

Which one of these push people back thus making it unuseful for pressure but good for spacing?

And which one of the green ones keep them near, so it's good for pressure?

Sekor doesn't have any normals that are plus on block. His Up and Homing missiles are but you have to use sets ups.

Mileena's leg thing (up4 I think) is like +9

Good to note.

f44, f43, and b34. The last hit is a true high. b34 jails on a jip (the 4 will hit because they're stuck blocking high)

21 (first hit true high) is good for pressure you stay in their face. 214 creates space

b3 is good for pressure (b3 b34 or 3b 3b b1) it creates a little bit of space but it has range

Ehh.. Mileena's Up+4 is Plus on block, but she can only use it Twice while applying pressure. If she does it more than three times it's punishable.

Ehh.. Mileena's Up+4 is Plus on block, but she can only use it Twice while applying pressure. If she does it more than three times it's punishable.

lol...

It's punishable at anytime not just after 3 times. If she's doing them back to back.

Because...
it has 27 frame start up.

27-9(From the last advantage)

18 frames for punishment. Normal human reaction is roughly 15-16 frames.

So generally a person can't hit mileena on reaction to the Up+4 after blocking it a previous up+4. They can definitely block high on reaction though.

They can ALWAYS hit mileena out. You for the most part can't do it on reaction to the 2nd up+4. So why don't they just poke back after up+4?

Well that's because Mileena has plenty of other strings that will HIT them before they can do anything, if they expect Mileena to do a 2nd up+4.

Up+4 spam is just greed. It's a weaker version of the johnny cage knee pressure. The reason you'll do a few up+4's in a row is because you know they are afraid of your check strings that come after, WHICH WILLL hit them if they try to punish up+4.

The amount of times mileena can up+4. completely depends on the fear you put into them through punishing their counter attack after up+4 on block.

If you punish them enough times, you can put the fear in them hard enough who knows maybe you can do 3-4 in a row..

Damn, dropping the knowledge on a poor boy.

I'll take some of this into consideration, and NO! Don't compare anything of hers to that Frame trapping Phag...

Yeaah, Most people fall for the U+4 then 4,2 or 2,3,4 block string.

But what about the pushback on U+4? After a certain number of times of it being used to create pressure she's open. I'm not saying only 3 times each match :laugh:

Damn, dropping the knowledge on a poor boy.

I'll take some of this into consideration, and NO! Don't compare anything of hers to that Frame trapping Phag...

Yeaah, Most people fall for the U+4 then 4,2 or 2,3,4 block string.

But what about the pushback on U+4? After a certain number of times of it being used to create pressure she's open. I'm not saying only 3 times each match :laugh:

Well yeah if you do it in place they will be eventually be pushed back, but you can use dash, and if they fear something QUICKER after your dash.

dunno about you but when someone has +9 frame advantage even if I'm pushed back enough and they're dashing at my face. I don't know what quick move they're gonna do. I might block longer seeing you dash. IF I want to poke your dash in attempt. That leaves me open to your high risk high reward random Ball roll after I get pushed back.

I've been hit by random ball rolls at times where it's a smart time to poke out. It works sorta like Kung lao's spin except with distance. Kung lao can toss a spin at openings to make you scared to poke out. Where as Mileena can use spacing from her pressure to scare you with a ball roll, to get back in with more pressure.

Ok, I understand now. Just curious, after the remaining days of Discussion is over are we going to do a quick summary and put all the info into one huge post or something like that?

Ok, I understand now. Just curious, after the remaining days of Discussion is over are we going to do a quick summary and put all the info into one huge post or something like that?

Nah, >.>

I'm too lazy to do that, people can just read through the thread.

I'll link though the OP, on the page where a new discussion starts.

Awww... Was looking forward to something like that :[

Next discussion should be the Reptile v Sub Match up :p

Wait, you still can punish the second u4 on reaction. Just because you can't do anything for 9 frames doesn't mean it has an 18 frame start up, it still has a 27 frame startup so you can easily react to it

Wait, you still can punish the second u4 on reaction. Just because you can't do anything for 9 frames doesn't mean it has an 18 frame start up, it still has a 27 frame startup so you can easily react to it

it's not 27 frames man.

You have to remember

Mileena has 9 frames of advantage meaning your reaction time is only 18 frames. (27-9)

And you react on average 15 frames. (this is actually above average IMO as in you have to be LOOKING HARD for the jump)

that leaves you only 3 frames to hit them on reaction.

which yoru fastest frame attack is 6 frames.

I wasn't really thinking there, sorry about that you're right.

I was thinking that because you can see it, you could react to it. Still, its not impossible, some people have above average reaction times.

I wasn't really thinking there, sorry about that you're right.

I was thinking that because you can see it, you could react to it. Still, its not impossible, some people have above average reaction times.

Right but the lower the consistency goes, The less likely people are to go for it.

I mean when missing your jab to punish her, means you're eating 30%

You better be REALLY confident in your ability to hit that. cuz all you're getting out of it is a jab lol. for some advantage.

You can EASILY poke her out of them between. But that's assuming you just flat out commit to a jab.

But then you open yourself up to her quick strings that are less than 15 frame startup.

Sektor doesn't have any armour thats not x-ray either so hes even more free to that as well.

mileena is considered airborne during Up+4?

what I mean is if sektor just throws out his 1,2,B1 after the first up+4, and you're committed to another up+4.

would sektor be able to combo you? or would her height from being airborne make his combo unusable?

anyone know?

Mileena has the same issue

imo Mileena flat out beats Sektor in a zoning match

Isn't that dependant on certain things?

They both got anti-zoning tools.

But if sektor has a life lead/gets the momentum in his favor of spamming back to back. He still loses? and if so why?