Tri-Borg?

Then you get the Prophet Mohammad (PBUH) -- the most ill-judged 'easter egg' in video gaming history.

Watch this space.

I'm going to assume that Tri-borg will have a universal movelist (like every character has) throughout their variations.

So is the Grey Cyborg supposed to be smoke or is it just a New Cyborg who possesses Sektor and Cyrax abilities?

So is the Grey Cyborg supposed to be smoke or is it just a New Cyborg who possesses Sektor and Cyrax abilities?
It's Smoke. This was mentioned on the description for the YouTube video, and also by Bryan Chard on Twitter.

Tri-Borg is a 'new' character, but the grey variant is Smoke.

I'm going to assume that Tri-borg will have a universal movelist (like every character has) throughout their variations.
Not necessarily. We know it's possible to replace any universal move with a variation-specific one as some characters (Kenshi in particular) have loads of variation-specific moves, and not just specials. I suspect Tri-Borg will fall into this category, so that all three variations try to mimic Smoke, Cyrax and Sektor as much as possible.

I hope each variation has different strings to make every variation be unique. And also to make you feel like you are really playing cyrax or sektor

It's Smoke. This was mentioned on the description for the YouTube video, and also by Bryan Chard on Twitter.

Tri-Borg is a 'new' character, but the grey variant is Smoke.

Tri-Borg sounds somewhat like a Cyborg Chameleon to me. Sounds awesome on paper but I would have preferred just Sektor or Cyrax as a standalone. Only reason I say that is because even though each variation should be full of creativity and diversity when it comes to stringing specials and combos but my gut tells me making Tri-Borg a good character is too good to be true. Credit to NRS for making Tri-Borg seem like a Chameleon reference from the 2D era.

I've been MIA for this entire week. I was back in Canada for a bit but I've been dying to talk to y'all about KP2. Since this is the first topic thread I've seen, I'll start off with commenting on Tri-Borg. I know MK has been lazy in the past but this is the silliest thing ever and a true waste of a slot. It would've been better to just put one of the three cyborgs in. Combining them is so dumb, lol. It reminds me of that ending when they link their minds as a cyber mind or whatever. It is hooky, even for MK standards. How does this even work when Smoke isn't a cyborg this time around? I was super excited for the four characters reveals but disappointed to the point that I decided not to buy the entire pack, which hurts my heart because I love MKX but this is beyond goofy and lame.

I've been MIA for this entire week. I was back in Canada for a bit but I've been dying to talk to y'all about KP2. Since this is the first topic thread I've seen, I'll start off with commenting on Tri-Borg. I know MK has been lazy in the past but this is the silliest thing ever and a true waste of a slot. It would've been better to just put one of the three cyborgs in. Combining them is so dumb, lol. It reminds me of that ending when they link their minds as a cyber mind or whatever. It is hooky, even for MK standards. How does this even work when Smoke isn't a cyborg this time around? I was super excited for the four characters reveals but disappointed to the point that I decided not to buy the entire pack, which hurts my heart because I love MKX but this is beyond goofy and lame.

Actually it's brilliant. Sektor and Cyrax are both dead in the story currently, correct? People have been requesting cyborg characters, correct?

They have the perfect way to include Sektor and Cyrax in one shot - To avoid meltdowns over why one got in and the other didn't. The three variation system is a life saver for the cyborg fans in this game.

I'm still not sold on the gray one being Smoke, though.

I'm still not sold on the gray one being Smoke, though.
It'll certainly be interesting to see what they do with him. He was always my favourite cyborg in UMK3 and although I did play as both K&M in MK9 I wasn't a huge fan and didn't main either of them. Whilst I have my reservations about trying to force all three into one character and this whole 'Tri-Borg' thing seems a bit suspect, I am definitely interested in seeing how a revamped, MKX-gen cyborg/robot version of Smoke is going to look and play. Likewise, an updated and slightly less OTT version of Bo is something I am looking forward to seeing.

I wonder if Smoke will actually still have a haze of smoke around him, a bit like with the stuff about Noxious Reptile. And the chest harpoon? xD

Definitely looking forward to his Kombat Kast, even if unfortunately I think he will probably be the last to be released.

im more intrested about the balance between Sektor and Cyrax.
Cause usualy Sektor fans are not into Cyrax... and Cyrax fans are not into Sektor.