The ninjas are the most popular characters

what's the deal with the ponnies anyway? I think I see lots of them lately here on TRMK. wtf? :p

anyway, OT: yeah the ninjas are the most popular type of character in mk for years now, even in mk1 I doubt the rest of the fighters had more fans than scorpion or subzero. as for the DLC part though, I agree that the rest of the roster should get classics too. I just hope they get it over with fast after the +2 free ones with each character and make more PACKS of costumes. retro's good but brand new will be even better. that human Reptile art they had.. AWESOME. can't wait for THAT. or any other brand new costume that can get me that hyped

... PACKS of costumes. retro's good but brand new will be even better. that human Reptile art they had.. AWESOME. can't wait for THAT. or any other brand new costume that can get me that hyped

I love all the retro 'cause I'm old enough to remember them. I think that's where the "hate" comes from with a lot of folks on TRMK. Most aren't old enough to remember those. To which Reptile art do you refer? I've already "purchased" everything in the krypt but don't usually go to Nekro except to view stats.

I love all the retro 'cause I'm old enough to remember them. I think that's where the "hate" comes from with a lot of folks on TRMK. Most aren't old enough to remember those. To which Reptile art do you refer? I've already "purchased" everything in the krypt but don't usually go to Nekro except to view stats.

I've played the earlier MKs back in the day. However, I feel some of them are not different enough from the current designs for me to care.

well hate makes no sense. I mean yeah, we all b*tched about the palette swaps but the truth is, those retro costumes are great. especially loving mk2 Smoke personally. can't wait for UMK3 :D

as for Reptile.. here:

edit: ugh, I could only find one link with that pic and it won't show. anyone that has that picture of Reptile in the artbook? with the human version as well on the top left? please go ahead and share so jravenwood can see. that version ROCKS

Last edited:
Human Reptile
(the one at the top left)
SKMBT_C22011050402510.jpg

I like the mask on his main better but his alt. seems more ninja-like to me

I agree with this, the mask in his main is better than that weird black thing in his alt, but the more ninjesque suit dont fit his reptile appearence that why I like his main more, besides his main has more green, his alt is too dark and has only a little bit of green, and is a dark pale green.

realtiy is the "ninjas" or whatever they are, will be the only ones to get klassic costumes. and the robots(or whatever they are).

All of you need to STFU about this "ninja" thing. Ninjas are skilled in Ninjutsu, which no character actually uses. Cyrax had it in a couple games but it was strictly a gameplay mechanic, nothing more. As far as canon story goes, he's motswana. Female Ninjas are not called Ninjas, they are called Kunoichi.

If you guys want to get real technical and debate whether or not someone is a Ninja, than at least know the facts. Being a Ninja has NOTHING to do with appearance.

All of you need to STFU about this "ninja" thing. Ninjas are skilled in Ninjutsu, which no character actually uses. Cyrax had it in a couple games but it was strictly a gameplay mechanic, nothing more. As far as canon story goes, he's motswana. Female Ninjas are not called Ninjas, they are called Kunoichi.

If you guys want to get real technical and debate whether or not someone is a Ninja, than at least know the facts. Being a Ninja has NOTHING to do with appearance.

I thought they were called Shinobi (Female Ninja's, I mean)

Off topic: You know, Ponies are awesome, but people are far oversaturating them everywhere....

I thought they were called Shinobi (Female Ninja's, I mean)

Off topic: You know, Ponies are awesome, but people are far oversaturating them everywhere....

Shinobi isn't a real life term, that's only in a video game haha. Also the term in the game "Shinobi" means something like "Walker of the Shadows" and it's a ranking, not based on sex.

I'm not sure why some folks are trying to grasp at straws arguing whether or not they are truly ninjas. In the context of their inspiration and visual design, they are "ninja". It is inane as arguing whether or not Haohmaru and other characters from Samurai Shodown are truly samurai.

Last edited:
The ponies thing is a TRMK meme (at least I think/hope it's only on here), and it's funny... it's a social construct that makes the community more interesting to those that get it.

Simply posting a response to acknowledge your agreement with someone doesn't add to the conversation. If you had something to add or contest to back up your/her response, then it wouldn't be so useless, but since you didn't, it might as well be spam.

Do you know what is worse than ponies and saying "this"?

The 2 pages off-topic we have here.

Not trying to act like a mod or anything, I just want this to stop.

The only actual true Ninja in this, is really Hanzo Hasashi aka Scorpion. The rest are just masked assassins and warriors. And even though Skarlet has ninja type specials, she's not really a Kunoichi.

-_- Cuz Bi-Han comfirmed it during the Mythologies era that the Lin Kuei are not Ninjas, even though Quan Chi laughed about it. Forgot about that Demetrius?