The King of Fighters XIV

Maybe the ones in the red are unlockable characters and the only way to get them is to play through storymode.

All of the characters outlined in red are newcomers that never appeared in the previous titles, though the dinosaur wrestler from the Mexico team might be an alter ego of Tizoc. Most games in the series don't have many unlockable characters though, it's just limited to boss characters and other characters that are not part of any canon theme.

I also see Nakoruru in the first slot of the "Another World" team. :3
Not the choice I would've made if I was to take a character from Samurai Shodown, but she's the most popular character from that franchise... I would've preferred Shiki or Asura though. Loved them in NeoGeo Battle Coliseum!

I think Nakoruru is a solid choice. Besides the cute factor, she also has the "pet handler" gimmick working in her favor. They could of chosen Haohmaru, as he is the face of the SamSho series, but there already a lot of "shoto" characters in the game.

Last edited:
Robert, Maxima, and Clark will be the characters I will start with first. Speaking of Clark he looks like a clone of Stryker from Mortal Kombat. Good thing I am a fan of Stryker.

I love Vice's redesign in this! A good mix of her old and new outfits.
But seriously... What the f#ck is Sylvie?!? o_O

Robert, Maxima, and Clark will be the characters I will start with first. Speaking of Clark he looks like a clone of Stryker from Mortal Kombat. Good thing I am a fan of Stryker.

Clark is a grappler. Nothing like Stryker at all...

I meant his look not his playstyle.

If Stryker was a trucker... yeah, I could kinda see that.

clark-i9.jpg

Just pause the trailer at the 1:18 second mark and you will see what I am talking about.

Oh, wow, he actually doesn't wear that vest! I hadn't noticed that. XD
And the camo pants makes him look alot more military than his old look I posted above.

He had this look too:

clark-kof12.jpg

ClarkWinXIII.png

... Which I like better for obvious reasons. ;3

Oh, wow, he actually doesn't wear that vest! I hadn't noticed that. XD
And the camo pants makes him look alot more military than his old look I posted above.

He had this look too:

clark-kof12.jpg

ClarkWinXIII.png

... Which I like better for obvious reasons. ;3
Those are awesome looks of him. He just looks badass.

Latest KOFXIV trailer showing Athena and newcomers Luong and Nelson.

Luong looks freaking cool, both in appearance and fighting style! Seems like Nelson is taking Shen Woo’s spot as the new boxer. And Athena… well, she looks like a schoolgirl like in so many other iterations. I prefer her KOF’02 costume the most out of all of them. ^^

Honestly, my first choice for a boxer character would have been Rick Strowd.
rbff2_rick_strowd_stance.gif

In spite of being one of the more original boxer designs, he has never made it in a KoF game. I guess SNK needed somebody to fill in the South American team, thus creating a new character instead bringing back existing boxers.

Last edited:
Characters I might try first are Mai, Mature, Vice, Leona, Luong, and Nakoruru. That is if I'll play this game.