Sub-Zero Theory

I'm personally loving these theories. But whether it's Kahn taking over his body as an "Elder God's Champion", Bi-Han, revived Kuai Liang, or a new Sub-Zero, all that matters is it looks like they're giving him a better treatment in this game. Gameplay and story wise, Sub-Zero was shat upon in MK9.

Sub-Zero will continue to get shat upon because he isn't the NRS poster-boy.
His X-Ray in MKX is weak as shit compared to the yellow mascot, and his fatality was also weak in comparison.

Sub-Zero will continue to get shat upon because he isn't the NRS poster-boy.
His X-Ray in MKX is weak as shit compared to the yellow mascot, and his fatality was also weak in comparison.
I disagree about the fatality bit. His made me cringe the most. When he snaps their spine.. Ughh. I still get uncomfortable

I disagree about the fatality bit. His made me cringe the most. When he snaps their spine.. Ughh. I still get uncomfortable

Scorpion blasting a hole with the heart then falling down, and then slicing the face off with the brain falling out and tongue still flapping = WAY more grusome, in my book.

I saw Sub-Zero's fatality and I was like "It's cool, but it's a different spine rip combined with his MK3 fatality."

Sub's X-Ray is anything but weak. He stabs you in the eye, with your own god damned intestines.
That's weak? You must eat nails for breakfast, without any milk :afraid:

Sub's X-Ray is anything but weak. He stabs you in the eye, with your own god damned intestines.

Way to reply to me out of context.

I specifically said:
compared to the yellow mascot

You conveniently skipped that part, though.

That's weak? You must eat nails for breakfast, without any milk :afraid:

I sure as hell do. ;)

Im sure there will be many speculating theories about Sub Zero until it is actually revealed. But here is my theory and what i would be okay with if this is a new Sub Zero.

Somehow Sub Zero (Kuai Liang) is given his body back or the whole Cyber SZ NEVER happened. He has aged and along his journey has become the New Grand-Master of the Lin Kuei and has trained many new warriors. And the Sub Zero we currently see is a new Decedent of the Cryomancer Race. While GMSZ has trained many astounding warriors, his most accomplished student is this new SZ. Good hearted but also hot headed warrior.

Maybe this New SZ is another decedent of the Cryomancer Race?
Maybe this New SZ is Kuai Liangs son? (It has been stated that there will be more decedents)

Isn't speculation fun?!

i completely agree and if this is true i hope kuai is a alt. costume! :D

geez are you only on here to be a jerk?

No.
I just don't like it when my words are taken out of context, and people twist them to suit their own needs.

Even compared to Scorpion's X-Ray it still isn't weak.
Scorpion crushes your bones, Sub-Zero destroys your organs.

Yes it is.
It's the MK9 Scorpion superior treatment all over again.
And the way you say it makes it sound like Scorpion is just breaking some finger bones.

He knees you right in the face, breaking your jaw and hits you so hard that it sends you into the air, and then follows it up with a spear in your skull and proceeds to yank you down to the ground, which is followed by your neck snapping in half.

Explain then why Sub-Zero's is weak, compared to that

In the context of Mortal Kombat (where people keep fighting after disastrous X-Rays, that would otherwise cripple a normal human being) and in the context of Scorpion in MKX (more specifically), it seems weak because he pulls out an intestine and freezes it, and stabs you in the eye with it.

Even Baraka had a more gruesome X-Ray in MK9 (and it was similar to that), because Baraka stabbed you through the chest, then proceeds to stab you through your neck and jugular vein, then proceeds to jam you in the eye with the blade.

Dunno.
Out of all the 8 MKX character X-Rays, Subs seems to have the weakest one, IMO.

[MENTION=5028]Araknyd_Commander[/MENTION], my friend! I will have to ask you to pay respect to the most amazing and interesting character created on the series, forever antihero symbol of the franchise Scorpion!!!!!!!! :hail: :laugh:

But now seriously (not that Scorpion is not all of that!). The thing is not compare Sub-Zero's X-ray with Scorpion's, which is simple, but pretty interesting.

The real thing is compare all the characters' X-Rays with Raiden's! I mean, Scorpion's is very nice, but do we spot the difference between a move that will take the opponent to the sky and fry him?

What if all the X-Rays we have seen so far are just demos, and they will make something more even to Raiden? Because thunder god's X-Ray is in a very distance from any other special, like light years from what we hear.

I hope they change Sub-Zero's. It really sucks. It's brutal, but Raiden has taken it to another level (literally).

Hell, I had more of a "WTF?" moment with Kano and Kotal Kahn's X-Rays, and Sub-Zero is my favorite character of the entire series (if you can tell by my signature ;)).
I'm hoping that, much like Raiden, Sub-Zero's X-Ray gets a nice touch up / revision between now and before the final game comes out.

[MENTION=5028]Araknyd_Commander[/MENTION], my friend! I will have to ask you to pay respect to the most amazing and interesting character created on the series, forever antihero symbol of the franchise Scorpion!!!!!!!! :hail: :laugh:

As someone who's seen his favorite character get beat every single f***ing time, time after time by Boon's favorite, I just can't do that.
If the Kollector's Edition is another bullshit bookend with Sub-Zero dying at the hands of Scorpion, I'll just skip it and get the regular edition or the Tourney Edition.
It's bad enough that I have to also see Scorpion uppercutting Sub-Zero every time that I fire up MK9.

Hell, I had more of a "WTF?" moment with Kano and Kotal Kahn's X-Rays, and Sub-Zero is my favorite character of the entire series (if you can tell by my signature ;)).
I'm hoping that, much like Raiden, Sub-Zero's X-Ray gets a nice touch up / revision between now and before the final game comes out.

As someone who's seen his favorite character get beat every single f***ing time, time after time by Boon's favorite, I just can't do that.
If the Kollector's Edition is another bullshit bookend with Sub-Zero dying at the hands of Scorpion, I'll just skip it and get the regular edition or the Tourney Edition.
It's bad enough that I have to also see Scorpion uppercutting Sub-Zero every time that I fire up MK9.

:laugh: don't worry, I love them both! I just don't get mad when Scorpion kick his *** because I really consider what binds them, and that story really pushes me to Scorp's side.

I mean, if it's Bi-Han, I really like seeing him being beaten badly. Kuai Liang I respect, he is a remarkable character, that's why I felt so bad with the Cyber SZ thing, this Sub-Zero is the one that searches for his origins, fight for a code and is a leader by nature. Bi-Han is also a great fighter and anti-hero, but he messed up some things. If there was a guy that deserved the alias, it was Kuai Liang, he reached things no one ever imagined. His MK4 to MK:A ascension is just awesome.

Unfortunately, we don't know what's the future of the character. But I'm sure they should change that X-Ray, even his entrance (of your signature) shows more power and awesomeness than that X-Ray.

I don't see how anybody could downplay disembowelment :?

When said disembowelment looks weaker than the other X-Rays in MKX, that's how.

:laugh: don't worry, I love them both! I just don't get mad when Scorpion kick his *** because I really consider what binds them, and that story really pushes me to Scorp's side.

I mean, if it's Bi-Han, I really like seeing him being beaten badly. Kuai Liang I respect, he is a remarkable character, that's why I felt so bad with the Cyber SZ thing, this Sub-Zero is the one that searches for his origins, fight for a code and is a leader by nature. Bi-Han is also a great fighter and anti-hero, but he messed up some things. If there was a guy that deserved the alias, it was Kuai Liang, he reached things no one ever imagined. His MK4 to MK:A ascension is just awesome.

Unfortunately, we don't know what's the future of the character. But I'm sure they should change that X-Ray, even his entrance (of your signature) shows more power and awesomeness than that X-Ray.

I'm just sick and tired of yellow always winning and being on everything.
I know that he's the mascot and Boon's favorite, but it gets old after 22 years.

The problem is that Bi-Han never GOT the chance to be a decent Sub-Zero, because he was killed off in the first game.
Ever since, he's been douchey Noob Saibot.
I'd love to see him survive the Soulndao, despite the fact that many people shit on the idea, because for once it would be nice to see Bi-Han atone for what he's done and try to make things right.
Kuai is a great Sub-Zero too, but we've had 9 games of Kuai being Sub-Zero.

Granted, and I agree that we don't know the future of the character, but I want some good changes for him in BOTH his gameplay and story, even if it's a NEW SUb-Zero.
I hope his X-Ray gets an MKX Raiden type of adjustment, and I also hope that 3 variations means that none of his special moves in MKX (like the Ground Ice in MK9) get nerfed to hell.

Last edited:
I'm just sick and tired of yellow always winning and being on everything.
I know that he's the mascot and Boon's favorite, but it gets old after 22 years.

The problem is that Bi-Han never GOT the chance to be a decent Sub-Zero, because he was killed off in the first game.
Ever since, he's been douchey Noob Saibot.
I'd love to see him survive the Soulndao, despite the fact that many people shit on the idea, because for once it would be nice to see Bi-Han atone for what he's done and try to make things right.
Kuai is a great Sub-Zero too, but we've had 9 games of Kuai being Sub-Zero.

Granted, and I agree that we don't know the future of the character, but I want some good changes for him in BOTH his gameplay and story, even if it's a NEW SUb-Zero.
I hope his X-Ray gets an MKX Raiden type of adjustment, and I also hope that 3 variations means that none of his special moves in MKX (like the Ground Ice in MK9) get nerfed to hell.

I would love to see this "new guy" being Bi-Han. I think Scorpion vs Sub-Zero became BS after MK4 (we can even say MK2, but considering Scorpion was on Hell's side and Kuai on Earth's, it's justified the final rivalry).

If this guy is Bi-Han, and I really wanted to, we would see the real rival of Scorpion, and we could take him to a big level.

What I think about Kuai, is that his skills and honor were taken to the maximum, he became a legend. Bi-Han never cared for that. He was the "I vow to serve the Lin Kuei" guy. You see that he only cared for Earth because Raiden was pressuring him, and he saw he did BS.

Now it's time to do justice to the character too. Put him as the true rival of Scorpion (I mean for his death, cause we know Quan Chi is the big AH) and now he is the Grandmaster (seems to be), follow the path that, unfortunately, Kuai Liang will never do.