Sub-Zero Theory

Maybe he's Kuai Liang, maybe he's Bi Han, maybe he's Frost's son!!! who knows? i'm just glad that human sub-zero is in the game.

I highly doubt that Scorpion would call Kuai Liang a Murderer, since as far as he knows only Bi Han and those he lead killed him and his clan, and he could care less who Frost, as Frost wasn't a part of the Lin Kuei at the time, or her possible child could be unless it's Bi Han that impregnates her as he hates Bi Han.

If it was Kuai Liang I'm sure he would have tried to defend his brother by saying that Scorpion was wrong, not the response that we got over being called a murderer.

@ Araknyd

Johnny or Sonya one will not be back now. Possibly both. They have their daughter to thank for that.lol.

Sure she doesn't play exactly like them, but she has a style which resembles each of them. Why put characters in the game when we have one who resembles both pretty similarly. Plus, Cassie is awesome!

I say either Johnny or Sonya will be there. Not both though. Also, you must have missed where he said that it would be surprising if only two of MK's ninjas returned (hinting other ninjas are in the game). So, I wouldn't rule Noob out especially because I think he has as many fans as Reptile now, and Reptile is less important to the story.

He said some were false, but some contained hints of truth. I still say Noob is in the game.

I'm not trying to debate either here but I can't help but speculate here due to the excitement. For me, I've let go of the concept of the fusion of the two. That was a result of over excitement and misunderstanding. The word "I" from his intro dialogue basically rules that out. I would have loved it though. Fusing them, like Ermac, making them one character would make it so much more simpler having one definitive Sub-Zero in a way - being able to enjoy them both as one.

However, I couldn't see this being both Sub-Zeros via kombat variations. The costumes are the same with just minor details added. It would be weird that they show up with nearly identical outfits. Just my thoughts here. (This also concerns me if they'll have alternate costumes in this game.) But if they do have actual alternative costumes, then Both brothers could be in this way like MK9.. If somehow Bi-Han is reverted back to his original form.

Either way, like you said Araknyd_Commander, I'll be satisfied simply just having a human Sub-Zero once again. :hail:

@Time_bubbles

Except you must not remember Quan Chi telling Scorpion that it was actually Kuai who murdered his family in MK4. Also, Kuai's response to Scorpion would be defending his brother.

"I tire of maintaining OUR innocence" meaning I'm tired of telling you that neither myself (Kuai Liang) nor my brother(Bi-Han) murdered your family.

@Subz 711

At the same time though, it was infact Bi-Han who killed Hanzo. He could be referring to his own death.. Possibly.

@ Araknyd

Johnny or Sonya one will not be back now. Possibly both. They have their daughter to thank for that.lol.

Sure she doesn't play exactly like them, but she has a style which resembles each of them. Why put characters in the game when we have one who resembles both pretty similarly. Plus, Cassie is awesome!

I say either Johnny or Sonya will be there. Not both though.

As far as Sonya and Johnny are concerned, you seem to have forgotten Frost who also had similar moves to Sub-Zero, but was also in the games along with Sub-Zero.
Frost never was a replacement for Sub-Zero, just as I don't think that Cassie is a replacement for Sonya and Johnny.
Also, Ed Boon said that someone brought up fatalities (on family members) and Boon was like "Oh, shit I didn't think about family members" but that he'll throw them in anyways (regarding doing fatalities on each other) in the GainBomb interview (4:10 mark).

Boon also said that "aged" MK characters would be in MK X, and that MK X would show how they got there (PlayStation stream).

Given that MK X starts close to the end of MK X, Sonya and Johnny make the most sense, given that those 2 and Kano are the only mortals that survived MK9.
Kano having been a flat lackey character can be ruled out for MK X, which leaves Sonya and Johnny as the only 2 surviving mortals who would actually age in 25 years.
Everyone else who survived MK9 is ageless / immortal / 500+ years old.

As for more "ninjas", that could also mean Ermac, Rain, Smoke or Reptile.

Last edited:
@Subz 711

At the same time though, it was infact Bi-Han who killed Hanzo. He could be referring to his own death.. Possibly.

That would make zero sense for Sub-Zero to reply back that he's innocent though. Because Bi-Han did kill Scorpion. He's not innocent of that.

Neither Sub-Zero murdered his family though.

@ Araknyd

Yes, I know what he said about the fatalities. That's why I said one of the parents may be there, but not both.

Johnny, Sonya, and Cassie would be overload. Especially when Cassie looks so damn much like her Mom and her attitude and moveset resembles Johnny more. I'm telling you now all three will not be there unless one ends up DLC. They are too similar in their powers to all be there.

As far as the ninjas go I would say Noob still has a good chance of returning. That's if we are talking storywise. I think both Ermac and Noob have the best chance (Yes, I know Noob supposedly died in the soulnado). Reptile is useless storywise, and Smoke really isn't much better (the cyborg schtick was really all he had). I love Rain, but doubt he's even on the radar unfortunately.

Grandmaster Sub-zero wears the dragon medallion so there is a chance that it could be kuai liang. however, there is also the chance that different variations represent different sub-zeros in the timeline. so we may in fact play as Han, Liang and a chosen successor. ed boon said in the gamespot video that there have been many sub-zeros, some have died and that "sub-zero" is a title so there is a good chance that it could be all or none.

My brain hurts now.

That would make zero sense for Sub-Zero to reply back that he's innocent though. Because Bi-Han did kill Scorpion. He's not innocent of that.

Neither Sub-Zero murdered his family though.

@ Araknyd

Yes, I know what he said about the fatalities. That's why I said one of the parents may be there, but not both.

Johnny, Sonya, and Cassie would be overload. Especially when Cassie looks so damn much like her Mom and her attitude and moveset resembles Johnny more. I'm telling you now all three will not be there unless one ends up DLC. They are too similar in their powers to all be there.

As far as the ninjas go I would say Noob still has a good chance of returning. That's if we are talking storywise. I think both Ermac and Noob have the best chance (Yes, I know Noob supposedly died in the soulnado). Reptile is useless storywise, and Smoke really isn't much better (the cyborg schtick was really all he had). I love Rain, but doubt he's even on the radar unfortunately.

Should I facepalm myself? :alberteinstein:

Last edited:
@ Araknyd

No. Unless you work for NRS, you don't know any of that 100%.

Based off of what ED said, it heavily implies that BOTH parents and daughter are in.
He specifically said "relativeS," (which is plural) implying more than 1 relative.
Hence, why I said that Sonya and Johnny could likely BOTH be in.
Plus, with Cassie having similar moves, this is a great opportunity for NRS to flesh out Johnny and Sonya better, and expand on their moves.

You don't know that only 1 of them is going to be in, just like I don't know that both of them are going to be in (if at all), but I'm just telling you based off of what Ed said himself.

@Araknyd

You're right, but did Ed not say that the character select screen had red herrings? DO you not think Boon would speak red herrings himself?

Neither one could be in the game. Although I am expecting 1, I do not expect both.

There are sooo many characters in MK9 AND the MK4-MKA era that play so differently and are requested. Plus they play differently. Add on top of that there are also NEW characters to compete with. While I don't think Sonya, Johnny, and Cassie will play the exact same, you will not be able to deny similarities and why have that when you can have different characters who play differently as well? I would almost bet money that both Sonya and Johnny will not be in MKX.

At least with 24 characters. Now if it's upped to 36 characters (which very well may happen) then I would consider it. I do not see Cassie (who has styles like mom and dad), Sonya, and Johnny taking up slots in a 24 character roster.

Sub-Zero is neither Kuai Liang nor Bi Han in any form.

I don't want to post it here, so I made a new post about it...but it is likely a very major spoiler for this game, and I'm actually mad to have stumbled across it so early.

@Time_bubbles

Except you must not remember Quan Chi telling Scorpion that it was actually Kuai who murdered his family in MK4. Also, Kuai's response to Scorpion would be defending his brother.

"I tire of maintaining OUR innocence" meaning I'm tired of telling you that neither myself (Kuai Liang) nor my brother(Bi-Han) murdered your family.

I do remember. It didn't happen in this Timeline. As far as Scorpion knows Bi Han murdered him and lead the slaughter of his Clan, he doesn't care about Bi Han's pleas of Innocence(And killed him in MK9 even as he was denying the murder of Scorpion's Clan). What he knows about Younger Sub-Zero is that he isn't the man he got revenge upon before he was taken away to become a Cyborg.

When MK9 ended Noob isn't dead, as we know a Soulnado doesn't always equal death against an Undead Spectre/Wraith due to Deadly Alliance, while we last saw Younger Sub-Zero as not only dead but a dead Cyborg. As far as we know, based off all MK games, that once you go Cyborg you cannot go back. MK9 extended that to the afterlife as well. So it would make far more sense for it to be Elder Sub-Zero, as he's actually the "Murderer", due to him having a humanoid form when we last saw him.

I do remember. It didn't happen in this Timeline. As far as Scorpion knows Bi Han murdered him and lead the slaughter of his Clan, he doesn't care about Bi Han's pleas of Innocence(And killed him in MK9 even as he was denying the murder of Scorpion's Clan). What he knows about Younger Sub-Zero is that he isn't the man he got revenge upon before he was taken away to become a Cyborg.

When MK9 ended Noob isn't dead, as we know a Soulnado doesn't always equal death against an Undead Spectre/Wraith due to Deadly Alliance, while we last saw Younger Sub-Zero as not only dead but a dead Cyborg. As far as we know, based off all MK games, that once you go Cyborg you cannot go back. MK9 extended that to the afterlife as well. So it would make far more sense for it to be Elder Sub-Zero, as he's actually the "Murderer", due to him having a humanoid form when we last saw him.

So, why does Bi-Han say our then?

He couldn't give a crap about his brother, and has no beef with the Lin Kuei to take them back. Ugh, I should just stop arguing this. It's pointless.

After reading TRMK's interview with Boon, I believe a new Sub-Zero is quite more possible than most of us believe it to be. He says there are a "sea of Sub-Zeros" in the Lin Kuei.

Don't like this idea, but what the hell can I say.

After reading TRMK's interview with Boon, I believe a new Sub-Zero is quite more possible than most of us believe it to be. He says there are a "sea of Sub-Zeros" in the Lin Kuei.

Don't like this idea, but what the hell can I say.

As I stated in post #49, earlier.
I could easily see this as a descendant of either Bi-Han or Kuai-Liang, who is using both fighting styles from his father and uncle.

Theory 2 (which may start WWIII, here, on TRMK):

Sub-Zero in MK X is a relative of the other 2 brothers or a former student, and picked up both types of fighting styles ("Grandmaster" and "Cyromancer") from Bi-Han and Kuai-Liang whilke training in the Lin Kuei, ala Cassie Cage.
Thus, making THIS Sub-Zero a NEW Sub-Zero, and neither brother.

If the Sub-Zero is new, I want him to be good. Don't know why, just the fact that Kuai was an honourable ally for Earthrealm really made me enjoy his character. Also, it makes for a Scorpion/Sub-Zero team up all the more easier if he's good, IMO.

If the Sub-Zero is new, I want him to be good. Don't know why, just the fact that Kuai was an honourable ally for Earthrealm really made me enjoy his character. Also, it makes for a Scorpion/Sub-Zero team up all the more easier if he's good, IMO.

It also makes it possible for a Scorpion and Sub-Zero team-up, if this new Sub-Zero is a descendant of 1 of the 2 brothers, but instead of looking for revenge is like "Hey, Scorpion, my uncle (or father) died at your hands, but let's squash this beef between our families, and go after the real asshole, Quan Chi."

Maybe there'll be 2 Sub-Zeros? One is Bi Han/Kuai Liang and the other is... Frost's son? :p
Damn, i love that Frost's son idea.