OK, more thoughts time:
- No idea what the GDC players were smoking when they said that Fujin looks like an NPC. This chapter is far from conclusive proof that he's unlockable, but he does not look like an NPC. He looks great, he does a lot of fighting, he has an interesting voice. Neat.
- The visual callback to the MK:Armageddon intro was so well done.
Very subtle moment paralleling Kintaro's champion pose as the warriors of darkness rush past him. Recapturing a piece of MK mythology. Loved it.
- Anyone else find it funny how beautiful Sindel is?
For a role with no speaking lines (so far), she's actually the most classically beautiful female in the game. Definitely upstages Jacqui, and I think Kitana as well. Heh. And it's not a reused face, she and Stryker clearly have new ones.
- It's interesting to me that Smoke got some spoken dialogue, while the other unplayable Revenants did not (in fairness, Revenant Kuai doesn't get any dialogue either). Whether Smoke makes it in as DLC or not, NRS seems very interested in pursuing this Enenra angle in the future, and they obviously want to make sure it's been officially foreshadowed.
- Quan Chi's not long for this world (and not very long for the Netherrealm, either). I give Kenshi 50% odds for owning the next chapter, Scorpion 30%, and Raiden 20%.
This is how all the girls in mk should look, BUT WELL... NRS has a serious issue with this, so I don´t expect anything else