[SPOILER] Everything about story mode. Pics, videos, discussion, etc.

Cryo

Like the titles says, I make this thread so everything that is getting leaked by people who got early copies of the game is posted and discussed here so spoiler senstive members stop whining about it.

Some stuff we know by now:

- Shinnok is the unlockable character. You get him by completing story mode.
- Rain is a fightable NPC, he has his MK9 moves but with improved visual effects.
- Tanya is a fightable NPC, she has Kitana's stance, Cage's lipkick and Scorpion's fireball (yet this is not how she will be on his DLC version)
- Mileena dies by D'Vorah's hand.

Last edited:
Looks like they cheaped out. Tanya is a Npc fightable character, so they will just make you pay for her instead. Same with the rest if characters, if you're gonna make a character fight able, make them playable as well. Grr

lol, goddammit guys, I was just posting that. XD

But yeah, Tanya is obviously using Kitana's stance and Scorpion's fireball move.

Looks like they cheaped out. Tanya is a Npc fightable character, so they will just make you pay for her instead. Same with the rest if characters, if you're gonna make a character fight able, make them playable as well. Grr

She has like 3 special moves as an NPC, her DLC version will have 3 variations and at least 8 special moves in total. So it's ok.

I really am not a fan of these NPC fights. Rain especially, since they updated his costume and the look of some of his moves. All they'd have to do is give him some extra moves for variations and new animations and he'd be a completely finished character. It's a dick move for sure. NRS is gonna get a lot of criticism for this (mostly from the fanbase), and rightfully so.

I really am not a fan of these NPC fights. Rain especially, since they updated his costume and the look of some of his moves. All they'd have to do is give him some extra moves for variations and new animations and he'd be a completely finished character. It's a dick move for sure. NRS is gonna get a lot of criticism for this (mostly from the fanbase), and rightfully so.

I think every fightable NPC will be DLC.

What? This is great. It prevents stupid shit like Jax vs Johnny and Stryker vs Kintaro. It makes the fights in story mode actually make sense. I like that NRS went the extra mile of making these NPC fights, because it prevents you from fighting Reptile and Torr 7 times in story mode.

they proablly didnt have enough time finish the npc like tanya or rain

in this day and age it is to be expected. It happens all the time now Not giving everything to a game and holding out some stuff to be DLC. Definitely not a popular choice

I hope Tanya's Scorpion's fireball gets replaced by a purple fireball on her DLC version.

What? This is great. It prevents stupid shit like Jax vs Johnny and Stryker vs Kintaro. It makes the fights in story mode actually make sense. I like that NRS went the extra mile of making these NPC fights, because it prevents you from fighting Reptile and Torr 7 times in story mode.
But they didn't go the extra mile by making them playable, when they easily could have. I know WB has got them by the balls with the deadline, but it's still shitty.

That's the bright side, though. More people to fight in story mode.

I think every fightable NPC will be DLC.
I could be wrong, but I don't think so. Small chance Sindel becomes DLC; she's not popular enough. And they said they won't do Rain again as DLC.

Some might, though. I can see Kabal or Smoke or Frost.

If the fightable characters remain only fightable, imagine that NRS would make them fully playable instead of making the variations stuff. I'd take the larger roster instead of variations. Also, we wouldn't have the 'Noob' variation of Johnny and lame drone for Sonya and some other things that are completely unnecessary and out of the place IMO.

So she borrows moves.Ahhh just like old times

Except NONE of her special moves were borrowed from other characters in MK4/MKD/MKA. She had a fireball, but so did many other characters, and people don't say they all borrowed that from one another. Her Spinning Flip Kick and her Human Cannon Drill were both hers originally. Nitara borrowed the Spinning Flip Kick in MKDA though.

I hope Tanya's Scorpion's fireball gets replaced by a purple fireball on her DLC version.

Yeah, I cross fingers for purple fire.

But they didn't go the extra mile by making them playable, when they easily could have. I know WB has got them by the balls with the deadline, but it's still shitty.

That's the bright side, though. More people to fight in story mode.

"Easily"? You can't be serious right now. All they did with Rain was give him a new model. Everything else about him is from MK9. He doesn't have a single new special move, let alone multiple ones that need to be spread across 3 variations. He doesn't have fatalities, intros, win poses or arcade endings. And you say it's "easy" for them to add all of that for every NPC? You've got to be kidding me dude. I thought you were more rational than that.

I could be wrong, but I don't think so. Small chance Sindel becomes DLC; she's not popular enough. And they said they won't do Rain again as DLC.

Some might, though. I can see Kabal or Smoke or Frost.

They will repeat DLC if it means money, many Rain fans will ask for him now that he is fightable so just wait and see. I could be wrong though, but it's easy money, they have the in-game model done, the outfit done, half of the moves done (the moves he has as an NPC could be his universal moves), just add a few more moves across variations and that's it. One really requested character for a low cost.

That's easy money.

Is Sindel fightable? If she is I don't see her as DLC though but again... I could be wrong.