SPOILER ALERT:Mortal Kombat X DIGITAL COMIC DISCUSSION

You guys are really stressing your desire for new characters, eh? Listen, I give a few of you a hard time for wanting new characters because of the fact that most have been corny but in all seriousness, I think you all should relax. There's still roughly two months before the game's release and another release is dropping on Thursday. I'm sure more new characters will be added, even if they all don't get reveal trailers. Just be patient. The roster already is not a rehash, like some of you claim. A game can't be a rehash if there's a completely new storyline, new stages, new costumes, AND new characters. The fact that some fan favorites have been revealed is not bad at all. NRS wants to bring in new fans but they don't want to alienate those of us who've been down since day one. It is continued fan service but in a more minor way than what we received in Mortal Kombat: 2011.

With that said, I'm still overjoyed that Reptile is back!

With that said, I'm still overjoyed that Reptile is back!

And that's what is most important! If you are happy with what we get, then that's awesome! I'm glad that you are glad. But not everyone will agree, not everyone will like what you like, and that doesn't make them any lesser than you or anyone else. Different people just like different things, and that's how it will always be, and that is completely alright! ^^

We should all be able to discuss these things though without pointing fingers and calling eachother names.
(Not saying you do that though, reikoiskahn, you're cool. Talking in general terms here. ^^ )

to be honest with u guys, ill be completely satisfied if the only new kharacters are, cassie, devora,ferra-torr and kotal khan. at least we know thats not the case considering they mentioned and feature potential new comers like Takeda,Forrest Fox,Kung jin and and Erron Black. the only thing is that I like every new character they have introduced to us so far and how diverse they are from eachother.

That beign said, I played a lil bit of MK4 but I lost interest immidiatly so all these characters post mk3 will feel new to me. the only one that caught my attention was Kenshi cause he reminded me of Van Damme.

I imagine it'll be a lot more than just D'Vorah and Erron this time, so that gives Erron a chance!

I'd rather not get my hopes up, lol. It will save me some pain.

But keep these things in mind, in the event of his death:
-Death in MK doesn't mean a whole lot, necessarily. Maybe Kotal brings him back?
-He's still alive in the first 15 years of the timespan, so he may get involved at some other point.
-DLC is always an option.

Since I saw this guy, I thought he would be the dead one.

Matters little for gameplay. Offline is just for fun, as for Kitana/Kung Lao are dead on the early years of the game, but will be alive later.

Seriously, this name is pretty comic book. "Erron Black". It really does not sound what we commonly see on MK.

I'm wondering who the hell supports this guy's weapons.

Maybe Black Dragon, so Kahn could be allied with Black Dragon, since Mileena is with Red Dragon. But of course BD would betray him, and that would lead to the ambient between D'vorah and Kano in one of their intros.

I'm eager to know who sides who.

NRS wants to bring in new fans but they don't want to alienate those of us who've been down since day one.

Regurgitating the same characters over and over again is alienating me, a fan since day one. One of my favorite things about getting new Mortal Kombat games, especially back in the PS2 era is to see the tons of new characters joining the game.

I don't think it necessarily means that 1 of his guys dies.
Maybe Raiden interferes and convinces Goro to fight for the Forces Of Light.
No, lol. I'm dead certain. Here's the synopsis for Issue 3:

"As the civil war in Outworld rages on, Kotal Kahn suffers an unimaginable loss and enlists the power of the Kamidogu to avenge his fallen ally. But will blood magic make Kotal powerful enough to take down Outworld’s champion? Enter: Goro!"

Issue #3 is chapters 7-9. Kotal's guys are attacking in chapter 7. Kotal suffers a loss and goes up against Goro. Erron is one of the trusted warriors, as seen in chapter 4. The pieces all fit.

It doesn't have to be Erron, but Kotal's losing somebody.

I don't think it necessarily means that 1 of his guys dies.
Maybe Raiden interferes and convinces Goro to fight for the Forces Of Light.

Kotal's been said to have an "unimaginable loss" and he takes on Goro to "avenge his fallen ally." Raiden's not going to interfere with anything.