Skarlet Thread - "Yiah!"

It's impressive how much variation is possible regarding Skarlet combos possibilities .... I think people already discover more or less 20+ types of combos using this lady !! XD

If anyone wants to see my combos I came up with for scarlet check my youtube. Probably a horriable video. Was recorded using my phone :p but its my first combo video ever. Need to get a capture card :p anyway tell me what u guys think. www.youtube.com/popnlocker13 look for the scarlet video it'll be the newest one :p

If anyone wants to see my combos I came up with for scarlet check my youtube. Probably a horriable video. Was recorded using my phone :p but its my first combo video ever. Need to get a capture card :p anyway tell me what u guys think. www.youtube.com/popnlocker13 look for the scarlet video it'll be the newest one :p

Oh for the last one you did, you can add the forward+B up slash, then do 2+1+2 X-ray for a little more damage. Not sure if it's the one I came up with but you can add a lil more damage

Oh for the last one you did, you can add the forward+B up slash, then do 2+1+2 X-ray for a little more damage. Not sure if it's the one I came up with but you can add a lil more damage

Oh idk :p I can't seem to make that connect

Last edited:
It's impressive how much variation is possible regarding Skarlet combos possibilities .... I think people already discover more or less 20+ types of combos using this lady !! XD
Very true. Which is also mainly why I haven't been posting more combos lately. Most of them would just be slight variations on each other, but with usually different starters and enders.

i agree her moveset flows together quite nicely.

how do yall feel about her strings? mainly her starters. as ive said her b+1 starter seems to be the best as far as mixups are concerned. tho it feels like it has little range (have to be really close) compared to the others.

her b+2 is shown in many combos but i wouldnt use it in the beginning personally, in corners and during juggles not starting it feels better.

i love her u+3 but i wish i understood why we cant do it out of red dash, seems like a bug to me. the red dash is the only place it seems to fit as it doesnt combo into anything but 4 and isnt that fast, but it hits high (like really high on screen) and combing with 4 sends them even higher for a tele combo finisher which may not offer the best positioning as red dash but could be good for when you need to close out.

my day was made today i got a message saying i did a good job with skarlet, it made me feel good.

and holy crap, I must be the only one here who can never actually do the combos posted here, even in practice it never works Dx -sticks to the simple 2 hit downslash 2 hit upslash - kunai 19% combo.

*edit* and i think Reptile should update the matchup list thing, cuz i'd consider Ermac a 3 maybe 4 and reptile around the same.

some combos can be tricky just cuz they require things like the dash which is a mostly new mechanic since we dont have anything exactly like it or staggering kunais to continue a combo which i think the closest thing we have to that is kitanas fans. she requires more then button mashing and fast inputs, but well timed inputs.

i admit from what ive been reading im slightly discouraged in using her.

most of her strings are very unsafe, and even her specials. her dash can be low poked out of. her zoning while tricky is largely destroyed by crouch blockers and does poor damage. her b+1 isnt hit confirmable and it houses most of her mixups so its pure mindgame and you have to hope they dont guess right.

i dunno, maybe if her zoning had a reliable way to hit crouch blockers from far away without expending 7% of her life and if her kunais did slightly more damage (like 4-5% each) shed be a great zoning/punish character. right now im seeing a lot of nice tools but no clear way to utilize them effectively.

I haven't noticed anyone trying to take advantage of her back throw, it does 17% damage. I'm not a big thrower in MK for some reason, but it's something I'm definitely trying to utilize with Skarlet a lot more than I would with other characters.

I love ending Skarlet's combos with F+4,3.

EDIT:
[45% METERLESS]
j.2, b+2~d, b+2, ff, 2, 3~RD~b+2, ff, f+4~RD~f+2, ff, f+4, 3

Last edited:
K its time to do a littel minirant, was fighting a Sindel who used that kick combo over and over again and i could NOT get out of it, Skarlet has no fast startup wakeup attacks and when i tried to do any of them i just automatically got hit back down. The only way i could get out was breaker and i dont like using breakers i'd rather use ex versions of her teleport.

But on a side note, Rainbow kombat + skarlet is pretty lulzy

i admit from what ive been reading im slightly discouraged in using her.

most of her strings are very unsafe, and even her specials. her dash can be low poked out of. her zoning while tricky is largely destroyed by crouch blockers and does poor damage. her b+1 isnt hit confirmable and it houses most of her mixups so its pure mindgame and you have to hope they dont guess right.

i dunno, maybe if her zoning had a reliable way to hit crouch blockers from far away without expending 7% of her life and if her kunais did slightly more damage (like 4-5% each) shed be a great zoning/punish character. right now im seeing a lot of nice tools but no clear way to utilize them effectively.

The thing that discourages me the most is that both of her special launchers have a slow start up, and most of mine get blocked.

They shouldn't tone her back throw down though, I personally liked that she has a good backthrow since her X-ray is the weakest by far. Kind of making it weaker since imo.
And all her juggles that don't repeat down slash are very low in damage, kind of like Mileena

Kombo 1: Jump-in 45%
fj.BP, B+BPxxDown Slash, fd, B+BPxxDown Slash, fd, BPxxUp Slash, fd, BPxxFKxxRed DashxxRed Slide

Kombo 2: Corner 49%
fj.BP, B+BPxxDown Slash, nj.BP, B+BPxxDown Slash, BPxxFKxxUp Slash, BPxxFKxxRed DashxxRed Slide

Kombo 3: Corner X-Ray 54%
fj.BP, B+BPxxDown Slash, nj.BP, B+BPxxDown Slash, BPxxFKxxUp Slash, BPxxFKxxBlood Bank(X-Ray)

More to come Monday, please sub.

^ hey dude, can you format the combos so I can understand it please? I just don't get it =(

If you have time, just format the first combo into like, back+x, up+triangle, square and stuff like that. I'm trying to learn her but how you do the layout is confusing :\

^ hey dude, can you format the combos so I can understand it please? I just don't get it =(

If you have time, just format the first combo into like, back+x, up+triangle, square and stuff like that. I'm trying to learn her but how you do the layout is confusing :\

Yeah I know what you mean, 3 months with MK and I still dont know what input is back punch or front kick lol

1,2,3,4 is the best layout. =)

If you're having trouble figuring out what the combos mean, 1 is Square is FP, 2 is Triangle is BP, 3 is X is FK, and 4 is Circle is BK. Learning the notation will be very beneficial to you in the future since a number of sites use one form of notation or another exclusively. Hope that helps. =)

And by the way, welcome to TRMK.

And example, just to be sure:
"fj.BP, B+BPxxDown Slash, fd, B+BPxxDown Slash, fd, BPxxUp Slash, fd, BPxxFKxxRed DashxxRed Slide" would translate into:
Forward jump punch, Triangle, Back+Triangle, Down Slash, Forward Dash, B+Triangle, Down Slash, Forward Dash, Triangle, Up Slash, Forward Dash, Triangle, X, Red Slide.

In fact, you should focus in using Up Slash / Down Slash combined with a basic 2 hits combos, instead of depending on them alone and isolated to start a juggle and next, a combo ....

For example, I use F+2,1, + Up Slash almost all the time , and follow with a combo, instead of Up Slash alone. I use Up Slash alone just as a normal special move, not as intention of a juggle combo start

For Down Slash, use F+3,1, + Down Slash, and next, the rest of the combo, works better, connects. Using Down Slash only sometimes, not as a proposital juggle combo starter

Doing quickly, all stuff above get chained together and so, you can go next for your favorite combo sequence.

Of course that, when using Up Slash / Down Slash alone, if you see that connected and hit, if you have good reflexes, so, you can take the chance and go for your combo, but, I prefer the 2 basic sequences I told, because are 100% guaranteed, just all you need it's that the very first command to enter sucessful against the opponent.

XD