Skarlet Thread - "Yiah!"

The fact that you can buffer cancel her Up Slash / Down Slash inside any combo string makes Skarlet deadly ..... this feature is very useful and base for major of her combos, and, pretty easy to use. I hope the pro players explore her to the limit and, if we see Skarlet taking part of any future tournament, this can be a good signal that she is in fact, a good tier to dispute against the veteran MK 2011 characters.

I honestly don't remember the story, lol.

On topic: Skarlet's B+1,1,4 string is hard to link into combos, for me atleast.

That's because it's Forward+4 and not 4. You can't just rush into it in other combos. You have to time it right. Like give them a second to fall

The fact that you can buffer cancel her Up Slash / Down Slash inside any combo string makes Skarlet deadly ..... this feature is very useful and base for major of her combos, and, pretty easy to use. I hope the pro players explore her to the limit and, if we see Skarlet taking part of any future tournament, this can be a good signal that she is in fact, a good tier to dispute against the veteran MK 2011 characters.
Wait, what's buffer cancel?

Wait, what's buffer cancel?

It's just a nomeclature, bro. It's the fact you can link Up Slash (and sometimes Down Slash) inside any Skarlet combo ....

Do the experience by yourself :

Press 1, and as quick as possible, to the Up Slash ..... Skarlet will conect the move

Press 1,1 and do the same, Skarlet will do the same

Now, try with her Foward + 3, 1, 2 combo

If you do only the Foward + 3 and link quick with Up Slash, Skarlet will do it;

If you want to do only the Forward + 3, 1 and next the Up Slash, she will do it;

Now, if you want the complete combo, Forward + 3,1,2 and link together with the Up Slash, Skarlet will do it anyway

So, the buffer cancel is the fact that Skarlett can link the Up Slash while the animation of any of her combos has not ended yet, does not matter if this combo has 1,2,3 hits as part of it, whatever hits you use, and so, a split second before that animation ends, you can enter with the comand and the Up Slash will "cancel" the end of the combo, making part of it as a extra hit.

Use Forward + 4 and link together in the same movement, the Down Slash, and you see that isolate kick registering the down slash together, as could be just a combo.

It's not that I'm losing to them. It's the fact that they play like that that irks me the most. They offer so much for each character and they focus on two moves. It's a slap in the face to the company if you think about it lol

its a fighting game with the sole purpose is to win... by any means necessary.....they paid their money for it, they can play it anyway they like...

pain the the butt , but thats life

I don't know if it's just me, but i have a big problem fighting Reptile as Skarlet, i just can't seem to stay standing @.@

I don't know if it's just me, but i have a big problem fighting Reptile as Skarlet, i just can't seem to stay standing @.@

yeah, Reptile can be a pain in the ass too ! Anyway, I like to play fun : when the Reptile dude does his slide, I try to do Skarlet slide too, hehe, and when Reptile player spams his force ball, I try to use Skarlet's Blood Ball .... hehe, they have some similar moves !! XD :D

I think it's about time they made a red female ninja. But what I don't like is the blood thing, I think the whole idea's copying Nitara. Although the idea of her getting stronger by absorbing the blood of her opponents was pretty clever.

I think it's about time they made a red female ninja. But what I don't like is the blood thing, I think the whole idea's copying Nitara. Although the idea of her getting stronger by absorbing the blood of her opponents was pretty clever.

Nitara was a vampire. Skarlet is not. There's a big difference.

yeah, Reptile can be a pain in the ass too ! Anyway, I like to play fun : when the Reptile dude does his slide, I try to do Skarlet slide too, hehe, and when Reptile player spams his force ball, I try to use Skarlet's Blood Ball .... hehe, they have some similar moves !! XD :D

i always forget her blood ball attack, i never tend to use it nor have i actually found it a necessity to my playstyle, even tho i'm not actually all that good, i lose practically every game i play

i always forget her blood ball attack, i never tend to use it nor have i actually found it a necessity to my playstyle, even tho i'm not actually all that good, i lose practically every game i play

Your best time to use it is on people that jump instead of dash or projectile spammers. Even if they block it, it still does 6% chip damge to your 7% taken which isn't bad.

Ok Midscreen X-Ray combo

Back+2, Down Slash, Dash Forward+4, Up Slash, (you have to time it right) 2, 1, 2, Red Dash into X-Ray... 13 hits 43%
or Dash 1, 1, 2, Red Dash into X-Ray... 13 hits 40% (easier)

I made this one myself too, I'm so proud for being a dedicated Skarlet player ^^ The video quality is better, no sound lag

If you don't wanna do the X-Ray, you can just do this one instead.

Back+2, Down Slash, Dash Forward+4, Up Slash, 1, 1, 4, Dagger toss... 9 hits, 34% Good to give yourself distance.

Last edited:
I think this character means Nitara is never returning, Skarlet is a way better concept than Nitara. Also her wings were just lame...

That's because it's Forward+4 and not 4. You can't just rush into it in other combos. You have to time it right. Like give them a second to fall

Lol. My mistake, I knew it was B+1,1,F+4 I just typed it incorrectly. But yeah it's a pain to land it, everytime I attempt to do it I hit every punch except for the F+4. It just whiffs.

Ok anybody ready for some Dagger Toss cancel mix ups?
To practice her Dagger Toss Cancel, you can do 2,1,2 Dagger Toss Cancel Dash 1,1 Dagger toss combo by itself without having to launch them in the air.

Here is one that I came up with (two differnet launchers)
Back+2, Down Slash, Dash 2, 1, 2, Dagger Toss Cancel, Dash 1, 1, Dagger Toss... 10 hits 33%
or start up with Forward+4, Up Slash

You can even get it into an X-ray
Back+2, Down Slash, Dash 2, 1, 2, Dagger Toss Cancel, Dash 1, 1, Red Dash into X-Ray... 14 hits 41%

Her best ways to get the dagger toss cancel in a juggle is
2, 1, 2
2, 1
Back+1, 1
and
Back+1, 1, Forward 4 (gives you some breathing room)

Sorry if this seems a little cluttered, my first time offering tips for a fighting game period

i do like that you can use dagger toss to extend the combo. ive also seen some where the person has to hold the second kunai a half a second maybe a full second then let it go and continues the combo that way (if you let them both go like normal the second one would miss and youd drop the combo, have to hold the second one a moment)

i do like that you can use dagger toss to extend the combo. ive also seen some where the person has to hold the second kunai a half a second maybe a full second then let it go and continues the combo that way (if you let them both go like normal the second one would miss and youd drop the combo, have to hold the second one a moment)

She works kind of like Kitana's EX fans

Man Eater is a good Skarlet player, caught the point on using speed ,timing, dash, Dagger cancel, everything. Hehe !! XD

Skarlet's basis, in order to master her, as seems to be, is being good on doing forward dash, and Up Slash cancel after any combo hit. If you catch the time on doing these basic movements very quick, so, bingo !! Who master these 2 basic techniques, basically, is apt to play as a beast with Skarlet. Of course after some training and some matches online, hehe.

Last edited:
Man Eater is a good Skarlet player, caught the point on using speed ,timing, dash, Dagger cancel, everything. Hehe !! XD

Skarlet's basis, in ordet to master her, as seems to be, is being good on doing forward dash, and Up Slash cancel after any combo hit. If you catch the time on doing these basic movements very quick, so, bingo !! Who master these 2 basic techniques, basically, is apt to play as a beast with Skarlet. Of course after some training and some matches online, hehe.
Yeah I've definitely noticed that with Skarlet I have to dash alot more in her combos than Mileena's combos. It's kinda funny how design and story-wise, they are so similar, yet gameplay-wise, they are complete opposites.