Skarlet Thread - "Yiah!"

Her best mixup game is with her dash. Go in with the slide. Then, like 80% of the time, if you red dash into down slash they will try and low block it.
I haven't really found a use yet for her EX down/up slash. I'll probably practice with that tomorrow night.

I can help with matchups if you want to meet up sometime (assuming people without her can play against her). I got a good Sub Zero and Liu Kang, along with Sektor.

F+3,2,1 follow by Up Slash, and 1,1,Up Slash , are the most very basic Skarlet starters, but, deadly, both in middle screen as corners .... every Skarlet fan/player should dominate these 2 piece of combos as "no tomorrow" !!

** To REPTILE 0009 :

Skarlet can give a very hard tough time to Kitana, at least, in ladder mode .... I was playing in Expert and I was denying/nullifying a lot all pressure Kitana was sending against me .... so, maybe online could be another story, IDK.

But, Skarlet can zone Kitana heavily, winning the projectile war, and can make her to have hard time using Air Fan Toss, B+1 or Square Boost, since Skarlet kunais, if not already the fastest projectile in the game, is among the fastest (I tested against Kano and Skarlet Kunais are faster than Kano Knives), her Air Dagger (far) work perfectly to stop Kitana air pressure, and her Air Dagger (Close) can hit Kitana Fan Lift from a more or less security distance. If Kitana try too much Fan Lift or Fan Toss, Skarlet can simply teleport drop and catch her.

Plus the fact that Skarlet EX Versions for ALL her special moves are useful and really better than her normal moves, so, using the 3 level bar for any of them is not a waste of time. The advantage of the EX versions of her justify to use every each Ex bar level.

Despite her Blood Ball cousts 7% of Skarlet's health bar, and not having Ex Version, it does a normal 15% damage, so, doing the math :

- If you decide to take the risk using only 4 Blood Ball during all fight , along all the match, if you are sucessful, having lucky, while you lost 28% of health, you did 60% damage ! It's risky, but, if you play safe, and next, conect one of Skarlet's 30% combo , once or twice, and, if you have at least 40% of health bar left, so, you pratically has the match done , at your favour advantage.

Blood Ball can be used , wisely, if a opponent is trying to spam you a lot with projectiles, so, you can , between the kunais projectiles, throw a random Blood Ball, since the enemy perhaps cannot expect that .... I see this useful against a heavily zoner as Noob Saibot.

Skarlet can deal more or less OK against zoner pressure, with her EX Air Dagger (close), Ex Blood Drop teleport and Ex Red Dash, trying to fire/fight back and escape from heavy projectile game, and corner pressure.

I honestly don't think she's really that overpowered at all. I think she fits right in pretty well. I'm expecting people to start complaining about her teleport though because it isn't as punishable as other attacking teleports are. Honestly though, I think it's fine.

Edit: ALSO: Has anyone else noticed that when you do her b+2 into her down slash (db+2) that you can totally just do b+2 then db without adding 2 again and it'll auto do downslash? Just a little tip to avoid uppercutting when you're trying to string those two together!

Last edited:
Edit: ALSO: Has anyone else noticed that when you do her b+2 into her down slash (db+2) that you can totally just do b+2 then db without adding 2 again and it'll auto do downslash? Just a little tip to avoid uppercutting when you're trying to string those two together!

That happens with all the characters, is called Negative Edge, I take advantage of it sometimes, but lots of times it messes up my combos with Rep, spitting the rival at the end of a combo instead of performing a slide...

Day 1 Combos

Skarlet's Red Dash behaves oddly. You can buffer the input normally however you have to HOLD FOWARD on the D-Pad/Joystick until it comes out. If you let go too soon the cancel won't happen. Also to cancel her Red Dash into Up Slash/Down Slash you just have to press F+BP or B+BP respectively.

Kombo 1: Jump-in 44% when less than 1/2 screen away from corner
fj.BP, F+FKxxFPxxBPxxRed DashxxDown Slash, fd, F+BPxxFPxxBPxxFP+BPxxRed DashxxUp Slash, fd, B+FPxxFPxxF+BKxxRed DashxxRed Slide

Kombo 2: Jump-in 42% when more than 1/2 screen away from corner
fj.BP, F+FKxxFPxxBPxxRed DashxxDown Slash, fd, F+BPxxFPxxBPxxFP+BPxxRed DashxxUp Slash, fd, BPxxRed DashxxRed Slide

Kombo 3: X-Ray 48% when less than 1/2 screen away from corner
fj.BP, F+FKxxFPxxBPxxRed DashxxDown Slash, fd, F+BPxxFPxxBPxxFP+BPxxRed DashxxUp Slash, fd, B+FPxxFPxxF+BKxxBlood Bank(X-Ray)

Skarlet seems like an amazing character. Her projectile hits twice and is multi-directional in the air. She can maintain major pressure her by cancelling her strings into a Red Dash cancelled into a High, Medium or Low attack, two of which can lead to a damaging combo. Of course her X-Ray scales horribly but that's not a big surprise. More to come later.

Last edited:
Alright, so if anyone want's to help me out with the matchups section, simply PM me, and we can play some matches on Xbox Live.

Double dagger and teleport, most probably.

Pretty much this.

she's a new character, Its sort of expected that people are going to spam her for a while.
as time passes it will get better
Then what is everybody elses excuse for the regular characters? This game has been out for 2 months and they haven't changed lol.

People spam every single character, why are you guys surprised? Stop being so butthurt about it and learn how to combat it. If she throws kunai, then block. If she's going to teleport, then block. Learn how to read your opponent.

People spam every single character, why are you guys surprised? Stop being so butthurt about it and learn how to combat it. If she throws kunai, then block. If she's going to teleport, then block. Learn how to read your opponent.

It's not that I'm losing to them. It's the fact that they play like that that irks me the most. They offer so much for each character and they focus on two moves. It's a slap in the face to the company if you think about it lol