Sindel Thread~*~*~

Imperatrix Sindel

I've been resisting the urge to make a thread for ages but listen, I'm a big Sindel fan if you didn't get the memo from the username and the icon and so on and so forth. And she's in MKX. So... a thread!

I was ultimately provoked by Ed Boon's Mother's Day tweet about Sindel: https://twitter.com/noobde/status/597413318912008192 (Ominous! Watch her back for what? Are Liu Kang and Kitana plotting against her? Are they going to destroy her to have no other threat to the throne of the Netherrealm? Is this just Ed being a troll as always?)

What do people think about Sindel as DLC? We've had a lot of talk about Rain and Baraka but not as much about the third Story Mode potential NPC-to-PC promotion. I know Sindel's not as popular a character as those two boys, but I think she looks absolutely beautiful in this game. Similar to the MK9 design, but it's more refined and regal. Plus her face looks soooo much better -- Edenians are eternally youthful, why did she look like Cloris Leachman in MK9? Apart from the whole being-a-zombie thing and the fact that NRS still can't make long hair that doesn't look like toothpaste it's my favorite Sindel look ever.

Ed Boon and the writers seem to be fond of Sindel, given the highly controversial Earthrealm-gets-curbstomped abattoir sequence in MK9 and her status as the only non-playable revenant to be fightable in MKX. Do you think she'll be in if there's another round of DLC? Do you think she'll be back in MKXI?

In the original timeline she was a pretty integral character, but in this new timeline I'm not sure. Obviously a lot comes down to whether or not Edenia is in play. It'd be interesting if she were restored to life and ended up being the one fighting Dark Empress Kitana for control of it -- maybe with the help of Tanya and Rain, her old timeline enemies. They like that kind of switcheroo reversal stuff in this new timeline.

tumblr_n5ezv4x8Sl1rt1sw0o1_400.gif

An hour and 47 minutes too late...but...whatever :laugh:

I wouldn't mind Sindel DLC. She looks great, she would have some fantastic intros with people (Sub-Zero, Jax, Johnny, Sonya, Liu Kang, Kung Lao, Tanya, Kitana, Ermac, Mileena?!?!?!?!) and she might be the easiest character to invent 3 variations for, honestly.

If there absolutely must be a female character in the next DLC pack, I can't think of one I'd rather get than her.

I wouldn't mind Sindel DLC. She looks great, she would have some fantastic intros with people (Sub-Zero, Jax, Johnny, Sonya, Liu Kang, Kung Lao, Tanya, Kitana, Ermac, Mileena?!?!?!?!) and she might be the easiest character to invent 3 variations for, honestly.

If there absolutely must be a female character in the next DLC pack, I can't think of one I'd rather get than her.

Yeah the variations basically write themselves. A grappler one with the hair, a fireball-focused one, and then maybe one with more screamy business?

Edit: Damn, Shira came first with the mother's day gif. XD

Sindel looks absolutely gorgous in MKX! The only problems I have are those revenant glowing veins they all have, and that her hair looks like a dead animal, just flopping around like that. The way Sindel's hair flowed around in the air in MKD was perfect, imo, though I know that being a big lump of polygons wasn't the best for any of the characters' hair. But the way it floated around was great.

Her costume in MKX is perfect though. The best she ever looked, imo. And she does indeed look younger in MKX than in MK9, but alot of the female characters in MK9 didn't look right, so I'll forgive NRS for that.

I would love to get an NPC DLC Pack, making them playable. Namely Fujin, Rain, Sareena and Sindel. If they could fit Smoke and Baraka in there too, that would be neat. :p

I'm kinda perplexed when it comes to Kitana and Liu Kang being rulers of the Netherrealm though. Sindel was a key figure to Edenia's freedom in the original timeline, but due to the current circumstances, I don't see that happen, and that saddens me.

Hopefully Sindel will return and hopefully we will see some kind of redemption from them, turning back to life somehow and then freeing Edenia... that will most likely take, what 5 games before that happens though. :/

Edit: Damn, Shira came first with the mother's day gif. XD

Sindel looks absolutely gorgous in MKX! The only problems I have are those revenant glowing veins they all have, and that her hair looks like a dead animal, just flopping around like that. The way Sindel's hair flowed around in the air in MKD was perfect, imo, though I know that being a big lump of polygons wasn't the best for any of the characters' hair. But the way it floated around was great.

Her costume in MKX is perfect though. The best she ever looked, imo. And she does indeed look younger in MKX than in MK9, but alot of the female characters in MK9 didn't look right, so I'll forgive NRS for that.

I would love to get an NPC DLC Pack, making them playable. Namely Fujin, Rain, Sareena and Sindel. If they could fit Smoke and Baraka in there too, that would be neat. :p

I'm kinda perplexed when it comes to Kitana and Liu Kang being rulers of the Netherrealm though. Sindel was a key figure to Edenia's freedom in the original timeline, but due to the current circumstances, I don't see that happen, and that saddens me.

Hopefully Sindel will return and hopefully we will see some kind of redemption from them, turning back to life somehow and then freeing Edenia... that will most likely take, what 5 games before that happens though. :/

I'd really love to see her restored because in this timeline she's done so many more terrible things, first as Shao Kahn's puppet and then as Quan Chi's. It'd be nice to see how she deals with that, and I think of all the revenant characters she's probably the one who could shoulder it best given her long life and her vast experience with tragedy long before even the events of MK1. It'd also just be nice to see her doing things of her own volition rather than because she's under the influence of dark magic. I loved in Deception when we saw her as a really beloved ruler.

Edenia does seem off the table at least for now, but with
Spoiler:
ghostly Jade in Kitana's ladder ending floating around giving people visions of Edenia
I'm not going to count it out entirely. It'd also be interesting to see what becomes of a Sindel without an Edenia to rule. We know she sacrificed her life to protect Earthrealm -- would she ally herself with their cause now?

I'd really love to see her restored because in this timeline she's done so many more terrible things, first as Shao Kahn's puppet and then as Quan Chi's. It'd be nice to see how she deals with that, and I think of all the revenant characters she's probably the one who could shoulder it best given her long life and her vast experience with tragedy long before even the events of MK1. It'd also just be nice to see her doing things of her own volition rather than because she's under the influence of dark magic. I loved in Deception when we saw her as a really beloved ruler.

Edenia does seem off the table at least for now, but with
Spoiler:
ghostly Jade in Kitana's ladder ending floating around giving people visions of Edenia
, I'm not going to count it out entirely. It'd also be interesting to see what becomes of a Sindel without an Edenia to rule. We know she sacrificed her life to protect Earthrealm -- would she ally herself with their cause now?

I hope you're right. Most of the characters I like are Edenians, and I loved the story in the original timeline with how their realm was freed, and then fought back against a weakened Shao Kahn. But in this timeline, Edenia seems to be put on the shelf other than a few mentions here and there. *sigh*

I hope you're right. Most of the characters I like are Edenians, and I loved the story in the original timeline with how their realm was freed, and then fought back against a weakened Shao Kahn. But in this timeline, Edenia seems to be put on the shelf other than a few mentions here and there. *sigh*

The Edenians are my favorite characters too. With Jade shelved and Kitana and Sindel zombified it does look like Edenia's off the table for the moment. Still, I wouldn't count out Tanya when she has a goal in mind. They're at least pushing the Edenian Resistance as a thing that still exists in this timeline even though Edenia was never freed.

The Edenians are my favorite characters too. With Jade shelved and Kitana and Sindel zombified it does look like Edenia's off the table for the moment. Still, I wouldn't count out Tanya when she has a goal in mind. They're at least pushing the Edenian Resistance as a thing that still exists in this timeline even though Edenia was never freed.

As much as I love Rain and Tanya... I don't see them as being Edenia's saviours. They are more interested in their own agendas than in actually freeing Edenia. Also, Rain left the Edenian Resistance to join Shao Kahn... I don't think he actually is part of it in MKX, but just has his eyes on the Outworld throne.

So yeah, it would have to be Kitana and Sindel doing it... if they somehow de-zombify though.

As much as I love Rain and Tanya... I don't see them as being Edenia's saviours. They are more interested in their own agendas than in actually freeing Edenia. Also, Rain left the Edenian Resistance to join Shao Kahn... I don't think he actually is part of it in MKX, but just has his eyes on the Outworld throne.

So yeah, it would have to be Kitana and Sindel doing it... if they somehow de-zombify though.

Oh, no, Tanya and Rain are totally in it for themselves, no doubt. They're not good people. But they're working toward freeing the realm, or at least Tanya is (I agree Rain is more interested in ruling Outworld in its entirety). If Tanya's ladder ending is canonical, she may have more leverage than Rain. She'll at the very least be keeping her enemies very, very close. This depends on whether Tanya returns at all, of course, but she seems to be NRS's favorite MK4 character apart from Quan Chi and Shinnok.

I could see Tanya managing to free Edenia somehow and setting herself up as queen, and Dark Empress Kitana then trying to take it from her as her birthright. A restored Sindel could factor in as the only good option. (Or maybe even Mileena! I'd love to see Mileena as the good option; truly this is the darkest timeline.)

Sindel is one of my all-time favorite characters in MK.
My favorites are, in order, Tanya, Shinnok, Mileena, Sindel, and Li Mei.
I would absolutely die if Sindel was in MKX.
I always say I get the full package with MKX because I have my #1 favorite female, #1 favorite male, and #1 favorite movie character, but the only thing I'm missing is a playable Sindel to make this MK right next to MK4 on my list.
Jesus I'd love for Sindel to be in. If she ever was to become playable, I'd be completed. This would take the cake.

I would be very happy if Sindel were to comeback in MKX.

As a matter of fact, I hope NRS makes a "Femme Fatale" DLC pack -- consisting of Sindel, Skarlet, Sareena, and Nitara.

Yes, such a DLC pack would not be popular with most fanboys and not sell all that well... but the 3D models for Sindel, Skarlet, and Sareena are already made, and thus would not cost much to include in playable form into MKX.

Oh well. As they say -- false hope is better than no hope at all.

I would be very happy if Sindel were to comeback in MKX.
Yes!
As a matter of fact, I hope NRS makes a "Femme Fatale" DLC pack -- consisting of Sindel, Skarlet, Sareena, and Nitara.
Skarlet, Sindel, and Nitara? I'm on board with your hopes so far..
Yes, such a DLC pack would not be popular with most fanboys and not sell all that well... but the 3D models for Sindel, Skarlet, and Sareena are already made, and thus would not cost much to include into MKX.
Especially since females are always the lowest selling DLC characters, I doubt ever seeing more than 1 DLC female :(
Oh well. As they say -- false hope is better than no hope at all.
Keep hoping. That's what I'm doing for Sindel and Fujin DLC. :tee:

I expect one female character with each 'round' of DLC. If there's another one, there'll be another female character. That's how it went with Injustice -- Batgirl with the season pass, then Zatanna with Martian Manhunter as the second round.

Given they did another round for Injustice, I'm expecting 2 more characters for MKX at the least. But who knows!

I always said there'd likely be 2 more, but unfortunately, seeing the high demand,
I'm sure it'll just be Rain and Baraka or something of the sort. :dong:

There are more than 10 characters I'd like to see as DLC before Sindel.

IMO she's one of the worst characters of the original trilogy, so no I don't want her as DLC.

There are more than 10 characters I'd like to see as DLC before Sindel.

IMO she's one of the worst characters of the original trilogy, so no I don't want her as DLC.

How about if Ed boon came to you himself, and said that you had the choice to choose between Hsu Hao, Meat, or Sindel as MKX DLC?