Scorpion And Sub 56% Combos

Wow, I am gonna get butt ****ed online, whenever i go on, that is.

Same here.

If there's a Trophy for getting a "Flawless Victory" online, it's the FIRST thing that I'm going to do when I get the game.
After the first week of getting MK 9, pulling off an a "Flawless Victory" online will be nearly impossible.

These combos won't work if the final build has some rules similar to the classic games, in the old games you can't jump after scorpion's spear because the stun wears off as soon as you jump, you can go play any 2d mk and see that this is true, plus the have limits on how many times you can use a special move. Oh and that Scorpion X-ray in the first video, damage protection was activated so that was a bad way to end your combo, it didn't do much damage

Yes, ending with an x-ray on a combo already pushing 45% won't always be a good idea, but there will be times were you want to push that extra 8-10% of un-breakable damage to win your second round for example, in that type of scenario, the x-ray will pull through for you.

Hi Guys,

Here is a link to one of my scorpion combos from the new demo.

56 percent with x-ray.

Scorpion:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UsbTdhbAe0&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Sub-Zero:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nU2RgqxHSC0&feature=youtube_gdata_player

There are 10 combos in total on my YouTube page.

I hope you enjoy.

Post the Sub-Zero button sequence so that I can get that combo going ?

You start with the *****slap + iceknife followed by the freeze, then you jump and hit him with what button? then you add the combo with the sword + kick at the end + x-ray?

So it's just the jump and hit because it looks like your timing it exactly for Scorpion to be popped in the air, no?

Thanks man & great stuff!!

You start with the *****slap + iceknife followed by the freeze, then you jump and hit him with what button?

Triangle or back and square works than continue it with the triangle square combo of your choosing.

Anybody have these combos being done against the CPU, on either "Hard" or "Expert" mode???

Thats what i am wondering,

If you are playing , you can see that jump punch coming a mile off , very easy to counter and stop. alot of people using that to start a combo.

Some of these combos dont seem practical to me.

EDIT - Although the sub zero one looked awesome , because it starts off with a freeze

Last edited:
Here's another nice one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHXRUFwDPD8&feature=related

I put myself through some rigorous practice, and can pull off these kinds of combos now.
They are practical; all you need to do is freeze your opponent beforehand.
If you can do that, they're ****ed, to put it bluntly.
No problems landing them on Expert CPU.

Max I've landed without specials is 42% though, which is still a solid hit.

I posted a thread explaining this exact thing... easy and typical ways to start combos with sub-zero and scorpion. Once you figure out some of the basics you can very easily pick these videos apart and understand exactly what they are doing.
http://www.trmk.org/forums/showthread.php/15832-Beginner-s-Guide-Combos

Now what you will find is that the execution of these combos gets difficult after 6 or 7 hits. The game seems pretty tight to me and I don't think the game is "broken" as some have said. Just because people have discovered 50% damage combos in a few days, it doesn't mean that everybody is going to discover 80% damage combos in a few weeks. The game has a very good balance that will let average/good players pull off some pretty neat combos, but it still takes practice.

What I can't wait for is the Tag Ladder. Gonna see some sick stuff when the game launches! From the preview videos it looks like each character has more health in a Tag match, doesn't it???

Also don't forget you will get openings presented to you to do a Pop Punch. If you block Scorpion's Teleport Punch or Mileena's Roll for instance, they bounce off of you. I'm fairly sure Kung Lao's dive kick will also have that bounce off effect when blocked. You can definitely get a pop punch in there as well.

The highest damage % I've done on expert was 27%. I can't get any higher no matter how much I play the demo.

That's what I was wondering.
The max combo that I can pull off on Expert is about 7 to 8 hits (without incorporating the X-Ray into the combo) with Sub-Zero, before the CPU does a combo breaker.

Also don't forget you will get openings presented to you to do a Pop Punch. If you block Scorpion's Teleport Punch or Mileena's Roll for instance, they bounce off of you. I'm fairly sure Kung Lao's dive kick will also have that bounce off effect when blocked. You can definitely get a pop punch in there as well.

Exactly. That's why learning the combo basics is so important. You aren't always going to have the AI just standing there (all of my practicing and most of the youtube videos it appears is done against either a player 2 that's just standing there or the "beginner" AI which is mentally handicaped). I think we are going to see a lot of cool stuff starting combo's off blocked bounces. Many of the combos we've seen use a freeze/spear move to either start the combo or it's used within a couple of moves. If you start a juggle off the block, you can get around 5 hits or so before you even use the freeze/spear, and then you really lace into them.

We'll see some really cool things I bet. Glad they do a good job of really scalling back the % damage the longer the combo.

Exactly. That's why learning the combo basics is so important. You aren't always going to have the AI just standing there (all of my practicing and most of the youtube videos it appears is done against either a player 2 that's just standing there or the "beginner" AI which is mentally handicaped). I think we are going to see a lot of cool stuff starting combo's off blocked bounces. Many of the combos we've seen use a freeze/spear move to either start the combo or it's used within a couple of moves. If you start a juggle off the block, you can get around 5 hits or so before you even use the freeze/spear, and then you really lace into them.

We'll see some really cool things I bet. Glad they do a good job of really scalling back the % damage the longer the combo.

That's what I was hoping to see, though.
I was curious to see some of these high damage combos being done with a highly active AI.

in MK vs. DC there are so many combos that are possible offline but impossible online because of the slight lag that's always there no matter how good your connection is. i hope it's not the same in this one!

It will be on occasion, 1 frame links with a 50ms or greater connection you will be at the mercy of the connection for that. Ideally you want 30ms or less, alot of people say you cant tell the diffrence but you can.

This game is not broken it just needs adjustments. Way back in the day the released Demo models of MK that regularly had bugs and combos that needed fixing (like the infinite scorpion teleport punch in the MK 2 arcade demo). I suspect many of the scorpion combo's you see with multiple teleports will be severely tweaked (perhaps 1 teleport per combo ala mk 1-3). Even with a single teleport, a 48% x-ray combo is still possible (though not simple to execute). This is really not out of hand when you consider MK 1-3. Kitana's jump kick/fan/jump kick was 51% in MK2. Two of these and you were done. Plenty of other similar examples can be cited. Certain other things will have to be adjusted too, like bouncing people back after big combo's in the corner, but these are easily done and that's why a demo like this is released, so they can find and fix all the problems before people pay $60 each for the game and ***** when its super unbalanced.

I've found some really nice combos with scorpion and sub-zero that will get me 30% damage and they are pretty easy to pull off and will be my bread and butter moves when the game releases. Still, I'm a big fan of learning some of these fancy combos and I can't get the hang of some things.

What's the trick to string along Scorption combos by jump kick/teleport??? I feel like I'm pretty quick with the move seen in the videos (launch, jump kick, teleport) but I just can't get the thing to connect. Is it just perfect timing that is needed, or is there something basic I'm missing?

I can start with a jump punch, then I dash in close so I can use scorpion's overhead slice which juggles the opponent again... I then go right into a jump kick and start my down, back, fk sequence so that I can teleport as soon as the kick lands.... I'm always teleporting above the guy as he falls to the ground though. Do I need to teleport lower to the ground? Am I possibly too slow with the teleport?

I play with a PS3 controller and I can see the advantage of a stick here in terms of speed.

Damn that's good. But u probably won't pull of the first hit to get u started. Did u ever play anyone? The game is soo fast u might not be able to do that I mean who is going to stand there in one spot? U seen those videos of the noobs jumping around kicking the air lol